“Disappointing”

Ranked #316 of 448 Restaurants in Fredericksburg
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed December 17, 2012

WEnt to this establishment on a Sunday evening. Drinks and food choices over priced. If you are going to serve seafood, should taste fresh and not frozen! The service was okay. The music choice was not ideal. The music playing was very loud and had a lot of curse words. Very unnecessary for a Sunday evening.

2  Thank Ashlea D

Reviewed December 2, 2012

Quite a FUN place to go... really interesting menu, very eclectic, and not your normal, boring thing that everyone else is doing! Definitely a place for FOODIES and not really for the novice palate, i guess that's the ONLY downside. So aside from having an AMAZING menu, these guys have an AWESOME night club afterhours too... Totally the new hang-out spot in Fredericksburg... CHEERS!

1  Thank David L
Reviewed October 18, 2012

The most outstanding restaurant and lounge in Fredericksburg. Excellent food, service and atmosphere. I had been dinning with my family here on Sunday Brunch and I loved this place. 4 courses brunch, accompanied with live Jazz music was a great experience, defiantly something unique and classy for Fredericksburg. Their Facebook page updated regularly with events and specials going on every week, so me and my friends are always on it.

2  Thank Natalia B
Reviewed October 14, 2012

Went for the first time today for birthday. Jazz was great! The food was the worst I've eaten in years. Out of 4 people, not one of us had anything worth eating. A fruit crepe was a burnt pancake with whipped cream in the middle! We were never told about a 2nd menu. When asked the waiter said management pushes the $25 menu and if you don't ask for the 2nd menu you wont get it. Our 1st time there & didn't know to ask for another menu. Manager refused to come and talk to us. Our neighboring guests were displeased as well. This restaurant won't last 6 months!

2  Thank lavita h
Reviewed October 6, 2012

Enjoyed an outstanding lunch Saturday 6 Oct. 2012. The service was very nice and the meal was great. The Brisket Burger was the best gourmet burger I have tasted to date. The Rosemary Fries was crispy and seasoned perfectly. My guest and I was given samples of various desserts and soup for future meal consideration and each was very tasty.

The Chef dropped by the table to see how we enjoyed our meals and it was nice to see the pride he took in his work.

I highly recommend Jay's Restaurant and Lounge!

L Morgan II