“A happy return to the Happy Clam in Fredericksburg.”
Review of The Happy Clam

The Happy Clam
Ranked #34 of 456 Restaurants in Fredericksburg
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed February 28, 2014

I reviewed this restaurant before when they had a charge for splitting a plate. I am happy to say that they no longer charge a plate splitting fee. On our second visit he food was very good, the beer was cold and paired well with my dish. We were happy to split our plate since we are not big eaters. The service was great too. I look forward to eating my seafood here from now on.

Reviewed February 22, 2014

My husband and I stopped here for lunch as we were on a trip down south. We had the best hush puppies we have ever had. I had the fried clams and he had the fried oysters. Everything was fresh and everything was perfectly fried and not greasy. The lemon meringue pie and coconut cake were fantastic and freshly baked. This is an unpretentious restaurant were the wait staff is young, adorable and attentive. The portions were large and the prices were inexpensive. There is a varied menu and you do not have to eat fried food if you are watching your calorie intake. We were "Happy as a Clams" as were left this restaurant! I cannot believe that anyone could be disappointed after eating a meal here. We positively loved it!

Reviewed February 19, 2014

I had read the reviews on TripAdvisor about this restaurant, talked to friends that lived in this area, and wanted to try it because it was "local" which is important to me. Walked in, order shrimp cocktail which was DELICIOUS! and went to order the Surf and Turf and we were told they were out of steak. That was just a little disappointing that we ended up just going somewhere else. Maybe I will give them another try when I am in that area, but based on the reviews, it was not worth the money.

Reviewed December 5, 2013

We were on a trip to Fredericksburg to purchase a vehicle and were looking for a place to eat after finishing our business. We stopped at the visitors center to get some help and directions to some of the local restaurants. After being given a town map and some suggestions for lunch we decided on The Happy Clam. First impressions of the restaurant we were a little gun shy about eating here, boy are we glad we stayed. We were seated by a friendly staff member and our drink order taken quickly. Our appetizer was the Crab Dip with fresh bread. The crab dip was the BEST dip we have ever eaten! The bread was was hot and soft, the dip was out of this world delicious! My girlfriend ordered the Scallops, with hush puppies and potato salad, the entire entree was perfectly prepared and delicious. I had the broiled Shrimp, sweet potato and Kale casserole, and hush puppies. Super Delicious is the best description for both of our meals. We sampled each others dishes. The restaurant is sparse with decor, but HUGE on taste and service!! Highly recommended to satiate your taste for seafood!

Reviewed November 25, 2013

Recently moved into Fredericksburg and had heard the food was very good here! So naturally 3of us went and shared two fisher mans platters. Which had oysters, scallops, fish of the day, hush puppies, crab cakes, and two sides. Which was ALoT of food for all of us but it was so fresh and good we had to eat it all! We had great service and wasn't to crowded so it was also quick to come out!

1  Thank Baily4426