“Like being back in England for tea” 5 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: American, British
Dining options: Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining options: Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Northern Virginia
“Like being back in England for tea”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

Though I am not a big fan of pink and white, I absolutely LOVE English tea so I took my mom and sisters to lunch at their new location on Caroline street. The prices were good and the selection of tea and food was varied and delicious. I enjoyed the tomato bisque and cranberry scones especially. My favorite tea was the brandied apple tea; it had just the right amount of body and mellow apple notes. It reminded me of tea times when I visited England.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank viyamusic

Fredericksburg, Virginia
“Not just for Girlie-Girls”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2012

Not being a girlie-girl myself...I was hesitant to "discover" this place with my friends. Turns out...I loved it. Cozy atmosphere...bright and inviting. Tea time trays were ample food for us all and delicious. And if you enjoy a really good cup/pot of tea, you won't be disappointed. I don't just meet with my friends here...I've taken my daughter, my mom and sisters too.

Visited June 2012
1 Thank JackieG723
Virginia
“Everything was delicious!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2012

Our party of two adults went to have tea this past Saturday after confirming reservations the day before. We arrived a few minutes past our reservation time but found our table waiting and inviting! Our server quickly had our tea out ... English Breakfast our choice. I actually should have ordered a stronger tea as this seemed a bit weaker than my Twinings English Breakfast I'm used to at home. It wasn't as hot as I would have liked either - and I had to ask for cream. Those would be the ONLY downsides! We ordered the regular (Princess Anne I think) tea. First out were the Devonshire cream and lemon curd in cute little containers. A little taste had the Devonshire winning - as the lemon had a bit of a bite (in a good way). Our waitress arrived with our two-tiered 'tea offerings' and explained them. I was lost as I looked - they were gorgeous. We started with the scones - we each received one blueberry and one regular. With the Devonshire cream spread on them - they were AMAZING! We each received two cucumber rounds (wheat bread cut around the thinly sliced cucumber and a bit of cream cheese), one triangle of chicken salad, one small hoagie, and one stuffed tomato she called their version of a BLT. It is smoky cream cheese and bacon filled with a bit of lettuce on top. It called for the fork to cut it! Then, the desserts! There was a strawberry parfait - which tasted like lemon - and it was delicious. And a bit of pink cake (the entire interior is pink so it is no surprise the desserts are as well). We also got a piece of toast - with a bit of custard topped with blackberries and almond slivers. I know - saying that does not do it justice. I was SO surprised at its delightful taste! And there was a chocolate bon bon thing that I swear is a dollop of frosting rolled in a little powdered sugar. Not a bad thing! The cost is about $20 per person but we both thought it was worth it. PLUS they have a selection of hats (noted that they are disinfected daily) to try on and wear to make the day more special. The interior is small, totally pink - yet quaint. It is an ancient old building and you'll probably drive past it before seeing it. It precious though with lots of tea related knick knacks to buy. Don't miss this opportunity to feel special for awhile!

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Lori F
“Such a cute place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2012

Went here with a friend and had a lovely time. It is such a "girly" place and a throwback to going to playing "tea time" with girlfriends. I really enjoyed it.

Visited October 2011