“Enjoyable stay”

Ranked #15 of 42 Hotels in Fredericksburg
York, PA
“Enjoyable stay”
Reviewed June 27, 2007

We stayed two nights at the Sleep Inn. Everything went just fine. We needed directions on the way into town and received courteous, accurate help on the phone. The room was very clean and the beds were comfortable. It was convenient to have a refrigerator in the room. The hotel was very quiet, and we were able to relax in the outdoor pool. The breakfast was standard--bagels, danish, waffles, cereal, juice and coffee. I would stay there again.

• Liked — The amenities for the price
  • Disliked — Lack of internet access from the room
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with friends
6 Thank dgandrg

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Orlando
Reviewed September 24, 2006

My family and I stayed at the Sleep Inn from September 16th thru the 22nd. We had a room with 2 queen size beds and a small fridge. Our bathroom was clean, well stocked and above average size. The hotel is wonderfully clean (I was a little worried here) and the location is nice because there are a lot of restaurants near the area and downtown Fredericksburg is only a 10 minute drive. We were out thru most of the day traveling in DC and the surrounding areas. There was only one minor problem. The last 2 nights of our stay, we encountered problems with other guests. I realized that a lot of travelers were passing by for a 1 night stay and very rude and inconsiderate. The first night our neighbor was smoking in their room on a non-smoking floor. We complained twice to the front desk before anything was resolved (to find out they were smoking in the bathroom which led directly into the vent in our bathroom). Once it was taken care of, no problems. Then our last night, a huge party moved into several surrounding rooms and spent several hours opening and slamming doors, talking in the hallways (very loudly) on their Nextels or to each other. This lasted until 2-3 in the morning (we had to be on the road by 5). We had to complain again and this time the hotel did nothing. This was more of a problem with other guests (not so much the hotel), but if noise bothers you like it does my family, keep this in mind when booking. I never thought about 1 night travelers staying there when I booked the room. Overall, very nice hotel and the staff was quite wonderful. An above average continental breakfast with waffles, bagels, fruits, cereal, pastries...If noise is not a problem for you, then don't hesitate to book...cannot beat the price...not sure if I'd stay again though due to the noise problems...but overall, nice experience...

• Liked — Location and cleanliness
  • Disliked — Other travelers
  • Tips/Secrets — Make sure you're aware of 1 night travelers who may be inconsiderate of other guests
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled with family
6 Thank Tiff226
Western NY
Reviewed September 2, 2006

After reading a few strange reviews, we weren't sure about staying at this hotel. We were pleased to see they were wrong. My husband and I were travelling with our two small children and wanted somewhere close to restaurants and that had a pool for the kids. AAA priced it out at $74 per night. You can't beat that! We had free internet access, a small fridge and a clean room with two queen beds. Our room was right across the hall from the pool and we made use of it. Everyone was friendly. Could not have asked for a better stay.

Stayed August 2006
7 Thank bdmdust
Long Valley, New Jersey
Reviewed August 29, 2006

My family had never stayed at a Sleep Inn and we were pleasantly surprised. The rooms, common areas and pool are clean and well appointed. The hotel and property look new. The front desk personnel are friendly and courteous. Two queen beds are a welcome change from the normal two double beds. Hotel is located near shopping and restaurants. We would happily stay at this property again and would recommend it to friends.

However, a few things can be improved. My suggestions would be to expand the food choices at the breakfast bar, provide courtesy internet access, and turn down the heat in the pool…it was far from refreshing…it felt like a spa.

• Liked — Very clean hotel...Great value!
  • Disliked — Expand breakfast bar, provide courtesy internet access, turn down pool temperature.
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
New Braunfels, Texas, United States
Reviewed July 23, 2006

Our family of four (two adults, two children ages 9 and 13) stayed at the Sleep Inn Southpoint in early June 2006. After researching on this website, this hotel seemed to have the best combination of location, convenience, and price in the Fredericksburg area. We were here to tour the Civil War battlefields. Overall, the hotel was nice and clean, and the staff very helpful. My impression of Sleep Inns was that they were another so-so budget chain, but I had never stayed in one. After staying in this one and the one in Ashland, VA, I will now start to look for them when I travel.

• Liked — Location
  • Stayed June 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank Jon Z
Baltimore, MD
Reviewed July 15, 2006

After reading the reviews, I expected a really, really nice place. But I was severely disappointed when I discovered my sheets in the room had black things all over them. They weren't moving (so maybe the sheets were just dirty). I checked with the staff to se if maybe the sheets were speckled, but no -- that wasn't supposed to be there, so they moved me to a new room (supposedly the largest they had).

Wen they moved me to a new room, the spots were not as noticeable, but they were still there... Needless to say, I spent a realyly uncomfortable night (b/c who knows -- they might have been bugs..) Otherwise though, things seemed really nice and standard for a hotel.

• Stayed July 2006
Connecticut
Reviewed July 1, 2006

The staff was freindly and all were a pleasure to deal with. The rooms and the grounds were very clean. The pool was crystal clear. This was the second time staying here and we will be back again in 2007.

Stayed June 2006