“Lots of amenities for the price” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sleep Inn Southpoint

Sleep Inn Southpoint
Ranked #16 of 42 Hotels in Fredericksburg
Western NY
“Lots of amenities for the price”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2006

After reading a few strange reviews, we weren't sure about staying at this hotel. We were pleased to see they were wrong. My husband and I were travelling with our two small children and wanted somewhere close to restaurants and that had a pool for the kids. AAA priced it out at $74 per night. You can't beat that! We had free internet access, a small fridge and a clean room with two queen beds. Our room was right across the hall from the pool and we made use of it. Everyone was friendly. Could not have asked for a better stay.

Stayed August 2006
7 Thank bdmdust

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Long Valley, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2006

My family had never stayed at a Sleep Inn and we were pleasantly surprised. The rooms, common areas and pool are clean and well appointed. The hotel and property look new. The front desk personnel are friendly and courteous. Two queen beds are a welcome change from the normal two double beds. Hotel is located near shopping and restaurants. We would happily stay at this property again and would recommend it to friends.

However, a few things can be improved. My suggestions would be to expand the food choices at the breakfast bar, provide courtesy internet access, and turn down the heat in the pool…it was far from refreshing…it felt like a spa.

• Liked — Very clean hotel...Great value!
  • Disliked — Expand breakfast bar, provide courtesy internet access, turn down pool temperature.
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled on business
      Location
      Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
New Braunfels, Texas, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2006

Our family of four (two adults, two children ages 9 and 13) stayed at the Sleep Inn Southpoint in early June 2006. After researching on this website, this hotel seemed to have the best combination of location, convenience, and price in the Fredericksburg area. We were here to tour the Civil War battlefields. Overall, the hotel was nice and clean, and the staff very helpful. My impression of Sleep Inns was that they were another so-so budget chain, but I had never stayed in one. After staying in this one and the one in Ashland, VA, I will now start to look for them when I travel.

• Liked — Location
  • Stayed June 2006, traveled with family
      Location
      Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank Jon Z
Baltimore, MD
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2006

After reading the reviews, I expected a really, really nice place. But I was severely disappointed when I discovered my sheets in the room had black things all over them. They weren't moving (so maybe the sheets were just dirty). I checked with the staff to se if maybe the sheets were speckled, but no -- that wasn't supposed to be there, so they moved me to a new room (supposedly the largest they had).

Wen they moved me to a new room, the spots were not as noticeable, but they were still there... Needless to say, I spent a realyly uncomfortable night (b/c who knows -- they might have been bugs..) Otherwise though, things seemed really nice and standard for a hotel.

• Stayed July 2006
Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2006

The staff was freindly and all were a pleasure to deal with. The rooms and the grounds were very clean. The pool was crystal clear. This was the second time staying here and we will be back again in 2007.

Stayed June 2006
Erie, PA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2006

Like an earlier reviewer, we were booked at this Sleep Inn because the nearby Comfort Inn was full. We weren't sure what to expect, since the older Sleep Inn in the AAA book didn't look too exciting, but we were pleasantly surprised to find this neat, well-appointed new property. The room and bath were quite spacious, and having queen beds (instead of double) was nice.

Don't miss the closet, which is hidden behind a full-length mirror that opens like a door. There's a sticker on the mirror to give you the hint, but I know my kids would have loved to peel it off! This mirror/door can also double as a privacy screen when open, so that more people can (modestly) change clothes at one time.

Our one major complaint was that they apparently do not have rollaway beds. This was surprising in an otherwise family-friendly hotel. The room looked like it was designed for business clients (desk vs. dresser), but there would have been plenty of space for an extra bed. Keeping both kids in one bed was possible, but it gave us a far less peaceful night than we get when we can separate them. Families of 5 would be really out of luck. Bring an air mattress!

The pool looked nice, though not too private, but time and weather didn't allow us to use it. Breakfast area could be larger, but it wasn't crowded on this Sunday morning.

• Stayed June 2006
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank erielady67
Maggie Valley, N.C.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2006

I had to work in the Fredericksburg area and brought a few relatives with me. I am glad we chose the Sleep Inn @ SouthPoint. The rooms were above average and very clean. The queen sized beds were comfortable, but seemed a bit short. The service people were polite as well. The deluxe breakfast was fine and served its purpose. The outside pool was very nice, especially at night due to the underwater pool lights and the lighting on the fence posts. The water in the pool was very clean, but very hot most likely due to the 90 to 100 degree temperatures for multiple days. The hotel has a excercise room with a television. The area surrounding the Inn was great. A movie theatre, bowling alley, a civil war museum, a kitchen store, Papa Johns pizza, dollar store, Applebees, and a super Walmart were all within walking distance....need the Walmart! I would stay at this place again in a heart beat. It was a good experience to say the least!

• Stayed June 2006, traveled on business