“Take the Trolley for an Overview before doing anything else.”
Review of Old Town

Old Town
Book In Advance
More Info
$18.00*
and up
Historical Horse and Carriage Tour of...
Reviewed January 30, 2013

We took the trolley, which not only showed you the historic/old town district, but also took you around to other interesting sites that I did not know about, like Mary Washington's Meditation Rock, the battlefield, the area across from George Washington's boyhood home... The guide told you about businesses that were in the trolley brochure and that helped us to decide on a place to eat and also got us a couple of discounts on other attractions. He also told us about other interesting sites, like Chatham Manor which is free. We were able to plan the rest of our tour of Fredericksburg based on this trolley tour.
It does cost 17 dollars per adult, but I can tell you that this 75 minute tour is one of the best I have been on and I am rating the Trolley tour Excellent.

4  Thank Born_to_go61
"lots of history"
"street parking"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed January 13, 2013

Well, Old Town can't get all the credit for my husband and I falling in love, but walking about a few weeks before Christmas - enjoying the people, sites, Scottish band (random!) and a few great restaurants - it is a nice place.

Reviewed January 11, 2013

Even though I live in the Fredericksburg area, I always enjoy Old Town Fredericksburg. Lots of restaurants and great shops as well as tours that make history come alive.

Reviewed January 7, 2013

Love Old Town FXBG. People are friendly. Many varied stores and activities. Multiple places to eat with many different cuisines being offered. The Museums are wonderful. Parking is very convenient as well. Decorated attractively for Christmas