“Really good BBQ”

Shane's Rib Shack
Ranked #125 of 427 Restaurants in Fredericksburg
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Television, Wheelchair Accessible
Fredericksburg, Virginia
“Really good BBQ”
Reviewed May 27, 2013

My wife and I thought we'd give Shane's Rib Shack a try. We'd been meaning to go numerous times but we always got sidetracked and ended up at another place to eat. Guess we missed out by not going sooner. The place is about the size of a smaller McDonalds and you order at the counter similar to most fast food places. You can eat in or order carry out. They have a drive thru window in case you're in a hurry.

Both of us ordered the sample plate which included a 1/4 rack of pork ribs; pulled pork, and chicken tenders along with two sides. We opted for the coleslaw and french fries. Since my wife doesn't like the Texas toast anywhere we go, I made a sandwich with the pulled pork and some of my coleslaw. Very good. As for the ribs, there's no sucking on the bones to get any remaining meat off because the meat just fell right off and the bones were clean as a whistle. It was that tender. We noticed the fried chicken tenders had quite a lot of large grained salt on them. We brushed most of it off before eating them. Although the tenders were a bit on the salty side, they were good and tender with all white meat. Overall, the dinners were very filling and reasonably priced but higher than a McDonalds or Burger King which one would expect for good tasting barbecue.

Fredericksburg, Virginia
“Very unsatisfied”
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Ordered the chicken plate.
First issue the Texas Toast is made in a toaster.
Come on now,Texas Toast is made on a grill with butter.Unbelievable
Second issue:Chicken-Tough as a cowhide,,No flavor.So much for finding good BBQ in Fredericksburg.
Now granted I am a BBQ cook and I can be a bit critical of BBQ.
But that chicken was down right terrible.
For some reason its difficult to find good food in Fredericksburg..
This place is nothing like the Shanes in Alexandria Va.

virginia beach
“Outstanding Mother's Day Gift!!!!!!!”
Reviewed May 21, 2013

I had the joy of going to Fredericksburg, VA to visit the Civil War/Batter field sites and came across a great restaurant - Shane's Rib Shack! I had the shack Sampler which consisted of 1/4 rack of Ribs, 2 Tenders & 1/4 lb of Pork - Hey Im not on a diet. The pulled pork was wonderful, tender with great barbecue sauce favor, the ribs were a bit dry but it was all good. I also had the delicious Cobbler, it was moist and delightful. Wish they had one here in Virginia Beach. Will go again on my next visit.

VA
“Hidden gem”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Small hidden BBQ hot spot. Visiting Fredericksburg for the day, happen to find the little gem last year for a quick lunch. Made it a point to go again this trip. Glad we did! Good food, pleasant atmosphere, friendly employees. Great prices for a lot really good food.

• Visited April 2013
Fredericksburg, Virginia, United States
“Good Flavored BBQ”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

This restaurant is not very big, but has excellent BBQ. The ribs and pull pork has great flavor and the portion size is better then most. They have a good selection of side dishes. I had the sweet potato fries and they were excellent, although the fried okry was only half cooked. Good ribs would visit again.

• Visited April 2013