“Great BBQ!”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Locust Grove, Virginia
“Great BBQ!”
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Been here several times, always fresh and tasty! Their BBQ is better than the other places, and the chicken and ribs are great too! Don't forget to try their deep fried okra with your dinner...yum! All of the sides are good...and fresh!

• Visited March 2013

Richmond, Virginia
“Very impressed!”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

I'm from N.C. where the best barbecue lives. I love barbecue. Shane's is a little hard to get to, just half a block from a really busy intersection, but easy to find. Neat place: order at the counter, get your drink, sit down, and they'll holler your name and bring your food to you. Less than fifteen minutes wait, on a medium busy night. MOST IMPORTANT: the ribs were great. Eat with a fork tender. No knawing on the bones (good when you're eating in public.) Each table had four bottles of sauce, a nice variety, but not neccessary. Fried okra, probably frozen, but very good. Baked beans were excellent, not too soupy, blended very well with the barbecue flavors. The Brunswick Stew was quite good, lots of chicken, thick and tomato-y. The pulled pork was pretty good, more saucy than I like, but very good, and as good if not better than regular Va. barbecue. The chicken fingers were really, really outstanding (for chicken fingers) and could be shaken in sauce. The ribs, though, which are the main feature, were truly outstanding, even without the consideration of being served quickly, and at such good prices. Excellent place for family, friends, anything. I'll go back!

• Visited March 2013
Fredericksburg, Virginia
“Great chicken fingers”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

The BBQ is not bad, but the chicken fingers are great. The manager always comes to check on the tables and the staff is friendly.

• Visited July 2012
“Great restaurant on all fronts'”
Reviewed August 16, 2012

My wife, two young daughters and I were looking for a place to eat on tripadvisor while on vacation. We thought Shane's was a mom and pa place but it is a chain restaurant. The interior was well done with a home style atmosphere. The four large flat screens with football didn't detract from the feel.

My wife and I shared a full rack of ribs with no regrets with 2 sides. You had to buy a drink separate but the serving size of the ribs and sides were impressive for $20. The ribs were filled with meat and covered in a well balanced sauce. The kids'raps were huge as well.

We will be eating there again.

North, South Carolina
“good to me”
Reviewed June 12, 2012

I guess I'm not a true bbq connaseur (sp) compared to other reviewers, even though I've enjoyed it all my life. Shanes was very good to me, I had the sampler w/okra and it was all just the way I like it, the only time I've had cornmeal okra was at my Moms house, the nmeat was fall off the bone tender and spiced just right, the prices were fair and the portions were large, I'll be back.

• Visited May 2012