“If you just want a place to pass out in peace....” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Fredericksburg North

Motel 6 Fredericksburg North
Ranked #35 of 42 Hotels in Fredericksburg
Centreville, Virginia
“If you just want a place to pass out in peace....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2011

...this is your spot.

Room was clean, liked the fact the shower stayed hot (took a 20 minute EPIC shower and it stayed hot the whole time!)and was clean/modern and there were sufficient clean towels to take a shower (so they're thin- if you want luxury go to Holiday or bring your own, good idea anyway they do have laundry on site!). They could put out at least 1 more bar of soap and some shampoo though. No evidence of bedbugs or other pests, I would trust having a young child here, if only to sleep. Bring a porta-crib for those under a year though!!!! Make sure you bring small quiet toys (legos, dolls, action figures, etc) or portable DVD/gaming systems if you plan on having any young ones here though- not much in the way of entertainment or even just open space to play on site. Teens would appreciate you bringing a laptop and you paying $3 for the wifi- it does work well so they can facebook away :) There is a small pool on the premises but I cannot rate as it is the dead of winter.

TV was good (good sound, easy to find remote that works), but very limited channels- cartoon network and no nickelodeon? 3 channels of ESPN but no Oprah channel or lifetime for us ladies? LOL There's an old-school coax connection for us gamers who like to bring our xboxes on the road- please stop at the exit before or after and hit up gamestop/Best Buy for the proper converter or else you WILL be disappointed-- their TV's dont have AV inputs.

NO fridge or microwave in room- so if you find this to be a necessity, please bring your own cooler/mini micro to plug in or pay $10-20 more and stay elsewhere (like the hojo across the way). If you are like my family and ready for anything- a cooler is fine (there are 2 ice machines on the premises)- the people at the 7-11 a 2-minute walk from the property are nice about you borrowing their microwave to heat something right quick as long as you are buying something in the store.

Food? There are some delivery services (expensive but good) that will deliver to your room--- but if one has a car, much easier (and cheaper!) to head to the local establishment of choice to dine at- and there are plenty of selections within a 15 minute drive, such as Sonic, Steak and Shake (both next exit down 95 S), and of course whatever chain restaurant you can think of either on that exit or one up or down...from denny's to red lobster. Just make sure to get any "munchies" before midnight as most everything down there shuts down at that time!!! I recommend wawa :)

HVAC (heat/cool)- Although the rooms have individual HVAC controls, my room on the 2nd floor was REALLY hot and I had to turn off everything and open the door for a good 20 minutes for it to cool down in the room! It was 40 degrees outside but 80+ inside! the rooms hold heat VERY well so keep that in mind. I ended up leaving everything OFF and cracking a window (appreciate the fact they did open!) to keep comfy and was finally able to close it right before i went to bed at 11pm with it being a comfortable temp to sleep.

Sleep time (say- between 9pm and 2am?)- easy. any excessive noise from neighboring rooms was quickly silenced with a call to the front desk. All I ask. :) No problem unless it was an OBVIOUS party going on (which is rare- they are broken up quickly by front desk and I do see police on the premises when I made my little 11pm jaunts to 7-11- makes me feel better as a woman!)

Vending- 2 ice machines, 2 soda machines that also dispense juice and water, a snack machine. Cheaper to walk to 711 though.

Laundry- 2 washers, 2 dryers in vending room. They work just fine. Bring your own soap. :) 7-11 is right there.....

Plenty of parking, you should get a spot where you can see your car from your room. Truck parking too.

Pets are allowed and there are plenty of grassy areas to walk him/her in. Don't know what extra fees are, I don't have one....

I would NOT recommend this place to anyone that has more than 4 in their party. The rooms are quite small. That is my only complaint. :( OK- that and the traffic can get a LITTLE noisy if your room is facing the highway. If not, you're golden. :)

Overall- I would say stay. It's a clean decent room and there's wifi and 7-11. Just be aware there is no fridge and micro, plan accordingly, and you'll be fine. :) If you can afford to spend an extra 25+ a night though, I'd go there though (only because they have a micro and fridge LOL, nothing against motel 6!) If they included those and held their price to $50 INCLUDING tax as it is now, I'd give them 5 stars instead of 4!!! :)

FYI- this rating is based on me visiting 4 times now in the past 6 months (I live within 100 mi. of here). I actually came back twice just to have a clean quiet place for cheap to spend a night alone as I live with roommates. They are consistent with their cleanliness and customer service so I can say YES with pride. :)

• Stayed December 2010
3 Thank blackgrrrl23

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Hamburg, Germany
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2010

This Motel 6 was the only one I made bad experiences. The room looked quite dark. In the shower you could see behind the tapware. It seemed that there was another room behind the bathroom. Me and my friend could see into a lamplit room which wasn't another Motelroom but a room where the plumping and the electricity was. In the actual bedroom there were holes in the walls where formaly pictures seemed to have hanged.

I wouldn't stay in this Motel again. Me and my friend thought that it was a bit spooky.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 stars
1 Thank PuckyPuck78
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2010

The price was the best part of this place as I spent just over $40. This is a good option if you are dead tired from traveling and just need a place to crash before you hit the road again.

This hotel has been newly refurbished and only has the basics. I have no complaints about cleanliness. Don't have your heart set on having fresh coffee in your room. But, there is a 7-11 next door.

I would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2010

Have had 2 bad experiences in the Motel 6 chain this summer at other locations. I was traveling to DC and stopped of at this one.

When the clerk asked, "How may I help you?" I reponded, "I'd like a clean, comfortable room for the night- with no water problems or broken air conditioner."

Room 201, right above the office- was PERFECT. Clean, quiet, and what I expect from Motel 6.

Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo
Atlanta, GA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2010

Wanted a quick and cheap trip to DC to walk around, check out some museums and take pictures. Did not want to pay DC rate, $140 and up on average. Grabbed a VA travel book at the welcome center and found the prices stayed low until you passed the Fredericksburg area on your way to DC. Picked the Motel 6, because they are usually clean. Got it for $38, my kind of price.

Location: About 50 miles short of DC, but for the money saved, I am fine with that. There's a Perkins nearby for breakfast and it is right off of I-95.
Outside is nothing to be excited about, but there appear to be mainly trucking companies in the area. No one was hanging out, which is good.

Room: The room has very basic particle board type furniture. However the floor, walls, vanity and bathroom looked extremely clean. A check on the bedsheets showed no issues such a burn marks, smoke, or ragged edges.

Simply stated, it is a bargain and I'm pleased with it. I'm tired now! I took a few pictures but don't have the energy to upload them now. Will do it later. I'm going to sleep!

They charge $3 for the internet. Again though, at the cheap room rate, I'm not complaining.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo
Upstate NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2010

We just needed a clean place to sleep with no frills. The room was clean and had recently been renovated. The staff was friendly. On our next trip, we will spend our nest I-95 stayover there again

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2009

We stayed at the Motel 6 Fredericksburg on October 6, 2009. We needed a place to sleep for a few hours after leaving the hospital at 3 AM. Check in was easy but you get what you pay for.

The rooms are very basic. They are not very clean and they don’t even supply the little bottles of shampoo. It met our needs for a few hours sleep but I wouldn’t stay there if I was going to be spending any length of time in the room.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple