“Motel 6”

Ranked #36 of 42 Hotels in Fredericksburg
Georgian Bay
“Motel 6”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2009

Motel 6 website lists this as a "New Location" and it probably is a new location but it is far from "New". The room was kinda smelly and the motel in general is kind of run down.
I-95
5308 Jefferson Davis Highway
Fredericksburg, VA 22408

Although you do get what you pay for and with a room rate of just under $45.00 tax included.

I just blasted the room with Febreeze but the rest of the family wasn't impressed and would never ever stay at this motel.

This motel has turned me off of Motel 6. I used to find Motel 6 a good choice but I think they just have too many run down motels now.

My suggestion would be...spend a bit more money and get a better motel than this location.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank Sybock

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
USA Traveler
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2008

This is a decent motel, the rooms are clean, staff is friendly, I really do not have any complaints. I did not arrive at a time when I would swim, so I can not comment about the pool. The area near the vending / on-site laundry (specifically the sidewalk) was a bit dirty, although I only went there once. I would have stayed at a better hotel if not for my travel nightmare out of Dulles Airport, but I must say that I end up staying at Motel 6 kind of often, and this specific location is overall above average. Might not be the best, but is far from the worst!

• Liked — The staff
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled solo
1 Thank mistermike068
Las Vegas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2008

I stayed at this motel for 4 days and I enjoyed my stay. I'm a young lady and I was alone, so I had some concerns at first, but when I got there and was comfortable in my Motel I felt better. My advice is that if you are a lady and alone, try not to go outside alone late at night. During my stay there were about 3 Mexcian men that were hanging out of there Motel rooms drinking beer and starring at me whenever I would come and go from my Motel. I just said hello and they said hello back, but ladys try to stay in late at night. Overall, I would stay at this Motel again. The staff was very friendly and prfessional.

• Liked — Cheap
  • Disliked — People in my business
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled on business
Virginia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2008

I travel alot and have stayed at plenty of Motel 6's across the country. I know it's basically just a place to sleep and rest on a long trip and I have never had a bad experience until I stayed at this one. The first day there was no hot water in the morning. In the afternoon when the hot water came back on, the AC went out. It was a hot day and the AC didn't come back on until late that night. The next morning the hot water was out again and didn't come back on until later that night! There are no "Do Not Disturb" signs, so the cleaning staff just barges into the room. Also, the cleaning staff had a radio on their cart and were playing it as loud as it could go at 9am. When we went to complain to the front desk, there was a line of others complaining about all of the same problems. The clerk's answer to every problem was either "I don't know" or "Ok", and nothing was done. Terrible place!

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Everything Else
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled on business
3 Thank irishbob77
Norfolk, VA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2008

I had a basic, comfortable stay here. The rooms were clean. Everything worked in the rooms. The rooms were quiet; There were kids running around outside, but you couldn’t hear them inside. I stayed in mid-September and the pool was still open after Labor Day, fairly rare for outdoor pools in Virginia. Several families were making use of it and seemed to be enjoying themselves. The desk clerks were friendly and efficient. With no internet access in the motel, they provided a couple of different possibilities where I could find access nearby. Like most Motel 6s, they had a low price posted on their roadside marquee and they honored it without quibbling. I could see myself staying at this property again.

• Liked — Low rate, clean room
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled solo
Newport News, VA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2008

My family and I were on our way to Washington D.C. and stopped here because of it's great rate. Run!!!!! The rooms were disgusting. The beds had hairs in the sheets. When we called the front office to get more they didn't help us at all. My dad finally went to the front office to get some and while he was there, a drug bust started going down. Police flooded the parking lot and were chasing the suspects down. There were bugs all over the room. One fell on my dad while he was sleeping. There were alot of suspicious looking men walking around the buildings and through the parking lots. I will never stay at this hotel ever again or Fredricksburg for that matter!! Keep driving through town.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled with family
4 Thank beachbum8217
syracuse, ny
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2007

I travel a lot and stay at Motel 6 a few times a week - This one is clean, safe area, very cheap $35.99 on a weekday. Hotel is one Exit from Central Park., nice if you need a budget place to stay.

• Stayed December 2007, traveled on business