“Great for what it is”

Motel 6 Fredericksburg North
Ranked #35 of 41 Hotels in Fredericksburg
Reviewed May 7, 2013

This is the second time I have stayed at this Motel 6 and it is cheap and clean, and has a very friendly staff. There is coffee in the morning but no breakfast (pastries are available in the vending machines). They provide plenty of clean towels and a couple small bars of soap but that is it (no hair dryer either). If you want anything more than that, than pay extra for another motel. Wi-fi internet is available for an extra $3 per night. Motel 6 is for those of us that just need a place to sleep and shower and do not want to pay for all the extras we don't need.

I recommend this Motel 6 if that is what you are looking for.

Room Tip: This motel has two floors, the first floor being the most convenient. Other than that, any room is a...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank StonewallBrigade
There are newer reviews for Motel 6 Fredericksburg North

Reviewed May 5, 2013

I have stayed at this Motel 6 twice when visiting MCB Quantico and the D.C. Metro Area.

It's a decent bed for a decent price. The WiFi, however, never works, and of course tech service is only available after a 30min wait.

For an area full of overpriced lodging, this location fits the bill.

Room Tip: Ask for a first floor courtyard/pool pool side room. This is the quietest.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank JamesPMason
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Typical Motel 6, we got a special price with a coupon from a "hotel saver" book. Pet friendly and no surcharge for pet, smaller than average room but modern and clean. No frills but more than adequate for a stop en route south or north. Coffee available in lobby but no breakfast; small surcharge for wi-fi access. We had no fridge or microwave, but some rooms have them.

Room Tip: ask for fridge and microwave - not all rooms are equipped
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Norman P
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Because I travel with a small dog, and because I resent having to pay pet fees, and because Motel 6 does not charge a pet fee, I stay in quite a few of these properties. I usually check TripAdvisor for advise, which I did in this case. It seemed that this was the best Motel 6 of two in Fredericksburg. It got an average rating, which is pretty much spot on. The desk clerk was super nice, the room was small, but clean, though the comforter on the bed did not smell fresh, and the bed itself was OK. There are a lot of "residents" here, but they were quiet and not any issue. Plenty of :green space" to walk the dog. No evidence of bed bugs. Not my best Motel 6 experience, but I would stay again.

Room Tip: Get a room in the back It's quieter.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Augusta_MEJRTlover
Reviewed January 29, 2013

Check staff was friendly and most accomodating when we asked for a different room than the one first assigned because we didn't like the distance we would have to hump all our luggage. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable which are the only 2 things I need after a long day driving. Will stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank olematelot
Reviewed November 16, 2012

The rooms smell like a zoo. Rude front desk. When I asked for a room change because of the smell, (just had an operation with tubes still in me) I was offered a second floor room, walk up only. When I explained the position I was in, the front clerk called the sheriffs office and had me evicted. I would rather sleep in the street than come here again.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Ken C
Reviewed May 20, 2012

We were travelling north on the I-95 and most of the hotels in the Frederickburg area were sold out. Since it was late in the evening, we decided to take a chance on the Motel 6.

The area the hotel is located in is "so-so" that caused a little concern with our vehicle being parked overnight. However the parking lot is well lit and we had no problem.

Our room was obviously newly renovated with what appeared to be a breand new bathroom. No stains or mold.

The rest of the room was spotless!

Front-counter service was friendly and prompt.

The room was $55 for a Saturday night which was very good value.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple