“Decent Hotel”

Wingate by Wyndham Fredericksburg
Ranked #15 of 41 Hotels in Fredericksburg
Reviewed December 3, 2010

Hotel was adequate and quiet. No frills but a nice clean decent stay. The pool and spa were clean and nice. The hotel is not far from the Central Park shopping area. The breakfast was decent. Would have liked a meat item but there were eggs, pastries, juices, cereals and milk. Overall a decent stay.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Wingate by Wyndham Fredericksburg

Reviewed October 3, 2010

This is the first time by husband and I have stayed in a Wingate Hotel. The King Room was huge. It had a microwave, mini-fridge, coffee pot, chair with foot stool another chair and a computer desk with a computer chair. It is easy to get to as it is right off I-95. The expanded hot breakfast had a good variety. We would certainly stay here again if we are back this way and will check out other Wingate Hotels on our next vacation. Way to go Wyndham.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 22, 2010

My husband and I stayed at the Wingate for 4 nights recently while we were visiting family in Fredericksberg. I could not have been happier with our stay. The room was large and nicely decorated. The room had a coffee maker, microwave and a small fridge. Breakfast was included everyday and we truely enjoyed it. They offered enough variety in breakfast items so it did not get boring. The housekeeping staff did a wonderful job. The front desk staff were very pleasant and efficient. One young lady at the front desk was particularly nice although I don't remember her name. We mentioned as we headed out for the day that we were headed to Kings Dominion. She saw us again the next day in the evening and remembered to ask us how was our day at KD. I thought that was very nice. The spa and the work out room were nice. The pool appeared dirty and the water had a greenish color--Not real inviting. The best part was the price. They were offing 30% off for a 3 night stay so I only paid $67. It was a great deal and I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 1, 2010

This was the first time we used the Trip Advisor site. After reading the recent reviews for the Wingate, we decided to make reservations. We were not dissapointed. The staff was great. Robbie, who checked us in was a sweetheart. The rooms were as expected and everything was 1st rate. My 8 year old really enjoyed the pool. The breakfast was great and we had absolutely no complaints. The room price was the point that sold us on this stay...

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed April 28, 2010

I tavel alone and very frequently. I stay at the Wingate in Fredericksburg VA everytime I'm in the area. I am always greeted with friendly faces and great service. This time I was greeted with a bag of goodies already set in my room with light, relaxing music playing on the radio. This is a very pleasant surprise after the long trip. The front desk staff, especially Roselynn, who I believe is a manager as well, are very personable and acknowledges me, by name, as soon as I walk through the door. This is not just a hotel, but my home away from home and the great staff and amenities make it just that.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed April 21, 2010

Stayed here on Good Friday en route to Cape Hatteras. Staff was VERY friendly and accommodating (a significant change from some of the reviews several years ago) I had booked via hotwire, so didn't expect to be able to specify rooms, but the gal at the desk suggested adjoining rooms for us. Rooms had recently been updated, very chic and comfortable. Pool had too much chlorine, but the 8 and 9 year olds who had been strapped in a car for 8 hours didn't care. Adults took refuge in the very warm jacuzzi.
Breakfast was more than expected. Overall, a most welcome break from traveling on Easter weekend and price was right!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed April 13, 2010

Sometimes We May Look For Perfection When We Spend Our Money On A Product. I Must Say That The Wingate Was Not Perfect, But It Was Very Pleasant, Comfortable, Clean, Friendly Staff And A Good Value. My Reservation Was Held For Me Even With A Late Arrival. The Room Was Big. Plenty Of Space In The Living/Dining Room Area. The Bedroom Was A Little Small But It Was Comfortable.
The Only Real Problem I Found Was That It Took A Long Time To Have Hot Water For A Shower. I Had To Run The Water For 10 Minutes Before It Got Hot Enough To Take A Shower. There Was A Jacuzzi Tub, But It Was For One Person. I Wish It Could Fit Two. Well I Can’t Have Everything. I Will Be Staying There Again.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple