“Wheelchair access.”

Wingate by Wyndham Fredericksburg
Ranked #15 of 41 Hotels in Fredericksburg
Reviewed August 28, 2012

My husband is a paraplegic. When I looked online, I was impressed with the websites seeming knowledge of the different kinds of disabilities. I called and specifically asked if the rooms were wheelchair accessible. I was assured that they were. We got there and checked into our room. While the bathroom was excellent, the over-sized furniture in the 2 double bed room made it extremely difficult for my husband to maneuver in the room. This room was too crowded for the safety and comfort of your guests in a wheelchair. The staff graciously moved us to a bigger room but it did not have an accessible bathroom. The original room was excellent except for the over-sized desk, chair, and lounge that made movement difficult and a safety hazard.

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group
WingateCustomerCare, Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Fredericksburg, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2012

We apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible.

Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us.Please know that your comments and issues will be addressed.

It is our hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you. If I can provide any assistance, don't hesitate to contact me directly at 540-368-8000.

There are newer reviews for Wingate by Wyndham Fredericksburg

Reviewed August 28, 2012

Hotel was clean and staff was friendly. The location was great lots of places to eat and shop. I would stay at this hotel again when in the area.

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group

Thank you for choosing Wingate by Wyndham for your recent stay in Fredericksburg, VA. We have read your comments about the hotel and we greatly appreciate that you took the time to write them, as our guests’ satisfaction is our main priority.

Reviewed August 27, 2012

Clean hotel, great staff, beds a little too soft, and pool definitely needed to be cleaned. Proce was good, continental breakfast was great and the on/off of I-95 excellent!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Christopher B

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to share your expereince regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

Reviewed August 27, 2012

I live in the same area as this hotel I live 6 miles from it. I had to have throat surgery and would not be allowed to speak for 48 hours after wards. I have a full house at home, I have my daughter, her husband, and their 2 young ones I also have full custody of my 2 oldest grand daughters, and I inherited my elderly uncle 3 years ago. My house is not a quiet place to say the least. There was no way I could go 24 minutes much less 48 hours without making any noise at all, so I had a bright idea to check myself into a hotel for 3 nights for recovery. I chose your hotel from your online site then went to book the room ahead of time. The youn lady and young man that was at the desk were very helpful and informative I went home and booked the room online. I even had questions and called back the next day the young lady who I spoke to was more than helpful. everything was taken care of ahead of time and it made my check in uneventful and easy. there was no complaint at all. everyone i came in contact was friendly and courtious. i was very comfortable for my stay. i have only good things to remember from my stay. you should be proud of the employees you have in fredericksburg. I couldnt speak so I watched them interact with all the guests and that is why I am writing this to let you know. Thank you.

Reviewed August 27, 2012

This is a nice hotel with pleasant staff. we thoroughly enjoyed the stay at this hotel. The rooms, furniture, bed and services are excellent. Its worth the money.

Reviewed August 26, 2012

very clean,nice indoor pool great breakfast will stay here again great location going to the outerbanks nice Italian restaurant in front of the hotel in walking distance

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group
WingateCustomerCare, Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Fredericksburg, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2012

Thank you for taking the time and share your experience regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us and we will utilize your response by continuing to focus on making each and every guest experience the best it can be.

Again, thank you,and if I can be of assistance to you, don't hesitate to contact me directly at 540-368-8000.

A TripAdvisor Member
BAY SHORE
Reviewed August 24, 2012

this is the third time I stayed here and will be the last. We had a room on the first floor it smelled like mold and mildew once we enter. I sprayed the room with air freshner and that did not help. I spoke to the front desk and he gave us another room, which also smelled but at this point we gave up and sleep in it. Also the first rooms rug was stained.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member