“You would think the burgers would be above average”
Review of Big Burger Pub - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Big Burger Pub
Cuisines: Pub
Reviewed January 24, 2012

The ambience is lacking - even for a burger joint. The service was okay but somewhat slow. The food was average and the price a little high for what it is.

Reviewed December 29, 2011

I came here once on my lunch break from work and ordered to go. I got onion rings and burger and the service was speedy and the food was amazing. It was cooked great and not confusing how to order at all. The last review is crazy. Maybe it's difficult to order if it's your first day out and completely inept at socialization. The fact that they completely paid for your bill apologized and you still had the nerve to write a bad review... Go complain elsewhere you seem like the sort that can't be satisfied!

This place is AWESOME I recommend it to anyone!

Reviewed April 28, 2011

Big Burger Pub is located where the Lebanese restaurant Laziza was formerly located but not owned or managed by the same owners. The earlier 5 or 6 reviews were for Laziza.

Big Burger Pub has been open for about 2 weeks. I believe they had their grand opening on or about April 14, 2011.

My wife and I visited the place on April 27th. I guess they are still "learning" the ropes because our experience went from bad to worse.

First, when we entered, there were a few people sitting at the bar and a couple of young women in one of three booths across from the bar. One of the worker/waiter/cooks (not sure of their status) was talking to the people at the bar and the other worker/waiter/cooks was back in the kitchen.

We saw 5 or 6 small tables in the front part but weren't sure if we should sit down and wait for someone or go to the bar and order. The worker who was in the kitchen came to join the others in conversation and I finally managed to get his attention. He came over and asked if he could take my order. I told him that first I needed to know whether I ordered there or at the table and either way, I needed a menu to see what they had to offer. He indicated the "menu" was on the table in a plastic, vertical holder.

My wife and I read the same menu that was on the table, first her and then me as we were sitting across from each other, we had to turn it around when the other finished. So far, everything is ok. Just confusing.

Next the fun begins. I went to the bar corner and gave the worker/waiter/cook our order. In about 15 minutes, he brings a Cheese Steak and a 1/2 pound hamburger to the table. He said the french fries and side order of mayonaise would arrive in a bit. After waiting for quite awhile, we decided to split the Cheese Steak and save the burger (1/2 each) for the fries. The Cheese Steak tasted ok, but nothing exceptional. We've had better.

We kept waiting on the fries but they didn't appear to be coming anytime soon. No one was out front so there was no one to ask about them.

I decided to go ahead and eat my half of the burger rather than wait on the fries. The lettuce, pickel, onions and tomato were on the side of the plate and not on the burger which is probably a good thing as you can dress your burger the way you want. The lettuce was the green leaf lettuce. Much better than iceberg. The pickels were good and crisp and the tomatoes as good as can be expected this time of year. However, most of the onions were rotten. When I showed the worker/waiter/cook what they looked like when he came over he asked me if they were grilled? I said no. They were supposed to be fresh and raw.

As to the burger, there were some "raw" portions. For me, that was ok. My wife on the other hand, won't eat any meat that's even a little pink. I was never asked how I wanted it cooked. Overall, the burger wasn't exceptional. It wasn't bad, just not better than the competitions.

Finally, after waiting another 15 or 20 minutes after getting the sandwiches, he brought the fries. He was apologetic for the delay. It turns out someone forgot to make them. He said he would give me a discount and we could have a free ice cream.

I will say this, once the shoestring french fries arrived, they were some of the best I've eaten in a long time.

On a good note, when I went to pay, I was told the bill was taken care of by the restaurarnt for our troubles.

This restaurant has the potential of doing a bang up business if they ever get organized and stop making mistakes like the one's mentioned above. With all the restaurants in the Fredericksburg area (which are increasing rapidly), I'm not sure Big Burger Pub will have enough time to survive the competition. Maybe they're hoping to attract the "happy hour" crowds by selling lots of beer.

If there weren't so many places to get a good burger, I guess I'd return. But, since there are, I don't think we'll be back.