“Lots to chose from”

Eileen's Bakery & Cafe
Ranked #1 of 10 Bakeries in Fredericksburg
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Street Parking, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: We offer a variety of specialty breakfast sandwiches, pastries, lunch sandwiches, salads, soups, Moonlight Dinners*. Fresh breads baked daily. Our Espresso Bar is now open. Craft Beer and wine is also available! Call us today to order your next cake including birthdays, weddings, baby showers and specialty cakes. We offer catering both on premise and off-premise so call us today to book your next wedding, rehearsal dinner, reception, birthday party, bridal shower, baby shower or business meeting! *Dinners are available as a quick option for you to take home and reheat to serve your family.
“Lots to chose from”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2012

Very cute place and more spacious than I expected. The whole order then pick up your food thing was a little confusing. The staff never told us where to pick up our food only have us a buzzer. I had the Rasberry mouse chocolate cake as did my sister. It lacked of taste and we were disappointed. All of the pastries and desserts looked wonderful though. I got a chocolate cupcake with apricot frosting to go forum girls. Haven't tasted that yet but it looks delicious. They also have sandwiches so I'll be ging back to try those and a sticky bun!

Fredericksburg, Virginia
“quaint”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012

Little hidden place inside an old church. Great sandwiches and even better pastries!! Nice outdoor seating but really nice on the inside too. They serve soup as well but did not try any. Great place for lunch!!

Visited August 2012
King George, VA
“Great little sandwich shop!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2012

This great little place is worth a little side trip from walking arou the Burg (as Fredericksburg is known to the locals). Its in an old church building, and nicely done. There is a walk up counter where you select your sandwich (there are other offerings). Sandwiches may be pre-made or made to order. On my last visit I got a Curry Chicken Salad sandwich. I think the bread was a sourdough; anyway it was nicely dense, but not overly so, much better than standard white bread. The curry flavor was great, but not overpowering. I carried it out to eat in the car, sort of a mistake since there is so much filling it wound up on my shirt! (my long-suffering wife is used to my meals winding up being worn!). If you want to eat in, there is a very comfortable table area so you can sit down and relax. A great break from your walk around town. Not high rating is based on what they're trying to accomplish, which is a comfortable place with good food. They hit the mark! Nothing fancy, but sometimes you just want filling and good food, comfortable and good atmosphere, and a good value. Go to Eileen's!

• Visited August 2012
Hurt, Virginia
“A good alternative to fast food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2012

I visited the weekend of July 13th with fairly high expectations and left feeling that they had been pretty much met. The first strong impression I received was that the lunch prices were pretty reasonable considering the portion sizes. I had a Sherlock Holmes sandwich and some bacon potato salad. I was fine with those but I did not care for the house drink, which was something akin to a cranberry spritzer. The service was friendly and adequate. I like to give local businesses a chance and I'm glad I did that for Eileen's. I think I would go again to try the pastries. They looked good, but I didn't end up buying one. Bottom line: Give it a try. I think you'll find that the food is above average.

• Visited July 2012
McLean, Virginia
“Much about nothing”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2012

Again the locals are talking up this bakery and yet my two visits did not impress me whatsoever, the location in a an old church is odd at best and it has the feels of a cantina! The baked goods when available are decent and again I will visit the place again and give them another chance to impress me

Visited May 2012