“Just... wow!”

Ranked #19 of 448 Restaurants in Fredericksburg
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed November 9, 2012

First of all, I have lived here too long to not have been here before. I was dragged along by a friend on a day I swore I wasn't hungry. We agreed to share some sushi roll and share two plates and bring the rest home. Ivy (aka Liling - and see? I remembered!) Ivy remembered my friend who is quickly becoming a regular patron. I can see why he wants to go back frequently. The food was outstanding, service stellar and Ivy is one of those rare servers whose company adds to your experience. Love is not a strong enough word for the way I felt about both the Hawaii and Spider Crab roll. Just heavenly. I don't know where they score their seafood but it was so fresh (and as a boater who used to tickle my own spiny lobster for a meal, I know fresh). We shared some pineapple fried rice (which was enough for three people, never mind splitting amongst two) and some Pad Thai. The Pad was not my favorite- not bad, just not prepared the way I'm used to which would be a little less spicy, a little more delicate- that would be more in tune to what I prefer but that doesn't mean it wasn't good. We had coconut creme for dessert which was like a cloud of coconut flan- just right, not heavy, melt in your mouth deliciousness. The sushi was plenty enough to feed us and we absolutely gorged on the rest. Like I said, I wasn't hungry when I started and I took home the leftover rice dish but really, there was so little left it was silly- I just didn't want to waste any.

Miso doesn't look like much from the outside, living in a former fast food location. Not bad, it just doesn't hint at the modern, subdued interior. Inside it is classy enough for a first date, an anytime date, a business lunch... and the day I went - well it was housecleaning day and I was MORTIFIED that my neighbor dragged me there in my sweatpants when everyone else was in their best lawyer attire (but hey, this is Virginia. Nearly anything goes anywhere even if I think that attitude is tacky as heck). The parking lot was so full at 1 pm we had to park creatively - but we had no wait. As another poster noted, the restroom was immaculate. You can tell a lot about a place by the way they keep the restrooms.

Not only will I go back, I can't WAIT to go back.

2  Thank higpaws12

Reviewed November 4, 2012 via mobile

I searched for a while to find my "go to" sushi spot after moving from Hawaii. This restaurant not only has Delish food, but also great value for your money--especially if you take advantage of their lunch specials. I always bring out of town guests here and they rave about it--and we often go back a second time during their trip. One time I made a mistake ordering and didn't even want to say anything but they realized I wasn't enjoying the dish and made me what I was actually hoping for at no extra charge! .....and it was MY mistake! This place is wonderful!

3  Thank mkates122
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Easily the best sushi in town. Ask for the chefs specials as they are always unique and amazing. Super clean bathrooms and good coffee make it even better.

I'd can't recommend a specific chefs special but they aren't on the menu, don't have names, and are all just amazing.

2  Thank FlyHerAway_com
Reviewed October 21, 2012 via mobile

The spicy tuna and scallop roll was fantastic, striking a balance between the seafood and heat, with none of the seaweed taste that can sometimes come with nori-wrapped rolls. They kept the roll refrigerated until I was ready to leave and then separated it from the warm foods. The roll was so good, it didn't need the dipping sauce accompanying it... nor did it make it through the 10 minute drive home.

We also had the dumpling soup. The broth had a deep, rich flavor to it We've been here several times over the last few years to eat, but our most recent visit was for take-out. We had called in an order for pick-up.

We also had the wonton soup. Excellent broth and pretty typical wontons . The dumplings were good, but fairly pedestrian. The nice thing here is they packaged the dumplings and broth separately for take out.

Along with the sushi and the soup, we had a chicken dish I can't recall the name of and the Beef Drunken Noodles. My teenager loved his chicken dish, especially the vegetables his chicken sat on. The drunken noodles were some of the best you can find in your typical Asian restaurant.

If you're looking for super cheap, don't visit at dinner or on Sunday. The pricing is fair and reasonable for dinner in this area, it's just not cheap. Expect to spend about $20/person for a sushi roll, soup and entree.

If you want inexpensive, check them out at lunch. Not only can you get three sushi rolls for just $11, they have a fushion box for $7.50 which gives you a lunch dish with salad, rice (white, brown or fried) and either a 1/2 California roll or chicken shumai.

2  Thank apojudy
Reviewed October 17, 2012

We have eaten at this restaurant many times since they first opened. The food is consistently good and we have taken neighbors and out-of-town guests there. All have raved about how good the food is. Some have gone back on their own. I will continue to frequent Miso as long as I live in the area.

2  Thank psmith4203