“Very average” 3 of 5 bubbles

Amy's Cafe
Ranked #69 of 427 Restaurants in Fredericksburg
Cuisines: American, Bar, Cafe, Pub
Good for: Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Brunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Very average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2013

We stopped by for lunch after church and was pleasantly surprised by the atmosphere. Service was a little slow but friendly. The sandwiches were good, though a little small, but the sides were bland and nothing special.

Apex, North Carolina
“Lovely lunch!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

I so enjoyed Amy's Café and the lovely lunch my family and I had there! I loved the building and all the interesting paintings and photography on the walls. I inquired about one of the photos that was high up and a thoughtful employee got a footstool and reached it down for me!! If we are ever in the area again, I would love to go back!

• Visited February 2013
Fredericksburg, VA
“Quaint atomospher, delicious food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2013

Amy's is a friendly restaurant with a relaxing atomosphere. The menu is varied and extensive. Eat before 4 pm and you still choose from the lunch menu! Less expensive but still ample serving sizes. Location means a good meal without fighting Central Park and Route 3 traffic.

Visited January 2013
Fredericksburg, Virginia
“Lacking to say the least.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2013

Hello,
My family and I are fairly new to the area and had heard good things about this restaurant. We first visited about a month and a half ago and were pleasantly surprised with the service and excellent food. We even got to meet the Chef/Kitchen Manager Karl.

I must say that our return visit this week was less than pleasant. First it seemed that all the things we may be interested in ordering were not available. The service was lacking in personal touch and the food had less flare then on our first visit. I also found out that Karl was no longer the kitchen manager. (it shows ) There was even a gentleman that found and ear ring back in his bowl of chili!!!!

I hope that Amys' can get it back together before it’s too late. I don’t think we will be returning.

• Visited January 2013
Fredericksburg, Virginia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Too Many Bikers out front park 'em around back...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2013

We love to eat outside with the puppy. But it's kind of gross to get half way through your meal and a dozen or so Harley Davidson riders decide it's time to leave and sit there and rev up their bikes - with illegal and noisy straight pipes for 10 minutes until they finally decide to hit the road.

• Visited June 2012