“Great Barbeque!”

Dixie Bones BBQ Post
Ranked #188 of 443 Restaurants in Fredericksburg
Cuisines: Barbecue
Description: Dixie Bones BBQ Post is an outpost of the famous Dixie Bones in Woodbridge. We serve Real Pit Barbeque and Southern Sides, not the things in the Menu Trip Advisor attached.
Reviewed May 4, 2013

Very unique dining here......love their barbeque.....you can actually order a plate of fries to share.......Service is EXCELLENT which matches the quality of their food. Try it.....you won't be sorry!

1  Thank Susan R

Reviewed April 9, 2013

My entire family loves this place! We've been three times in the past three weeks~just took my parents to try it, too! Very clean, super friendly staff and delicious food, particularly the sides. Potato salad, shoestring french fries & coleslaw are awesome! Have tried the chicken, pork and beef BBQ~all are quite good. Meat comes without sauce and you can taste with four different sauces self-dispensed. Discount offered when paying cash. NOTE: Sign has changed to Dixie Bones BBQ, no longer called BBQ Post 401.

1  Thank Dawn W
Reviewed April 7, 2013

CHECK OUT THE NEWLY EXPANDED MENU, IT IS PRETTY MUCH AN EXACT REPLICA OF THE WOODBRIDGE RESTAURANT!!

Nelson, I am so glad you expanded the menu of Post 401 to include all of the favorites from Woodbridge.

In my opinion, this is the best BBQ in N. Virginia. The famous mac n cheese, ribs, muddy spuds, potato salad, all four sauces, collards, pies etc!!! FINALLY!!! We went there tonight and it was by far the busiest we have seen since they opened AND FOR GOOD REASON! We don't have to try to fight traffic to get to Woodbridge to enjoy all the tremendous flavors we have grown to love to much over the past 15 years!

The only downer was the guy who took the orders. He kept messing up the orders and copped an attitude with me. The manager handled the situation very well. Kudos for that! The manager did say the guy was new, so I am hoping he will give him some training in customer service.

I would not let that stop me from coming in again. Nelson, Congratulations on expanding the menu and thank you for bringing all of our favorites to Fredericksburg!

1  Thank pammax
Reviewed February 15, 2013

When we saw this was part of Smokey Bones from Woodbridge we were excited. The BBQ was not up to the Smokey Bones we remember. We each tried a Stuffed Potato, one with chicken and one with pork. Our meat was on the skimpy size and a little tough and dry. The potato was a good size and came with cheese, onions on the side, and sour cream with the meat on top. There were 3 different kinds of bbq sauce to choose from to add to it. The servers and everyone was very friendly so that I might wait awhile and try the place again, but we were a little disappointed this time. Lunch for 2 including drinks ran about $20 and there just wasn't enough flavor and meat to try again soon.

Reviewed December 15, 2012

I have eaten here several times and have not been disappointed. The food is delicious! The service very nice and pleasant. The cost quite reasonable!

1  Thank glowe02