“Not #1.. for now anyways.”
Review of My Place Latin Grill - CLOSED

My Place Latin Grill
Cuisines: Latin
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Not #1.. for now anyways.”
Reviewed August 19, 2012

Wow. Went to this place and was told it was rated Number one on trip advisor. Our entire party would disagree. After 15 minutes we felt like we had to beg for menus. They had only bottled beer, & artificial tasting margarita's. They did make my mixed drink well though :) Took our order and came back several minutes to tell us two of us had picked lunch specials and to re-order. The waitress was not professional. Of course we had 3?! Unorganized. Steak was rare and tough. Shrimp was good, and they had black beans which is a big plus in my book. They had live music that night started before 8pm. The entire time our party could not hear one another (the had the speaker BOOMING in our direction).. when we asked the owner to turn it down she said "it's only going to get louder." The waiters overcharged 2 of us and could not hear us when we tried to explain the mistake she made. They were having a party b/c of their #1 rating, and brought us out chocolate strawberries and Champagne, which was nice.. but extended our wait time for getting the check. I'm sure it could be a great place, but needs some work. Also it seemed like everyone else there was a friend or family member.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank Beach77777

Raleigh, North Carolina
“Utterly Delicious and Inexpensive”
Reviewed August 17, 2012

I stopped here on the way to DC. I ordered crab balls which were simply incredible and the portion was huge. I also ordered the "mofongo," not knowing what to expect, which was savory and spectacular. The seafood was ultra fresh. The bill was small for the food quality and taste. If you love food, go here and enjoy a real treat.

2 Thank EmilyVA
Hewitt
“Would have loved to eaten here but they close EARLY”
Reviewed August 15, 2012

I was so disappointed after reading all the great reviews to be turned away. We made a special trip from downtown and arrived at 8:20. We came in and a woman rushed over and said sorry we are closed, come another time. We are tourists passing through - there isn't another time. Apparently they close at 8pm. In a tourist town! I was really surprised. Future travelers - now you know.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank MLPerry
Fredericksburg, Virginia
“Good Food, Great Value”
Reviewed July 30, 2012

I live in the Fredericksburg area and was tired of going to the same places. I found this restaurant on Trip Advisor and was pleasantly surprised. Casual and friendly. You don't feel like you need to be dressed up to fit in. Friendly staff greeted us at the door and we were quickly served our beverages. We went on a Monday night so it was not real crowded, but everyone was having a good time. The menu prices are very reasonable and the portion sizes were just right. Not overwhelming, but you definitely won't leave hungry. I got the "My Place Chicken" and it was excellent. My boyfriend ordered the "Latin Platter" and was very pleased. Our total bill with two ice teas came to $29. Great food and a great value. We will definitely be returning again soon and are so happy that past customers pointed out this local place that we probably would have never tried.

• Visited July 2012
3 Thank KADNAVY
Fredericksburg, Virginia
“Planning now to be a regular!”
Reviewed July 28, 2012

I live in Fredericksburg but did not hear of this incredible restaurant until I decided to do an internet search to find a new place for lunch today. This place got so many glowing reviews that my husband and I had a late lunch/early dinner there. It was an odd time (2:45PM) and the place was almost empty. We were treated great. The hostess/owner was engaging and friendly. She has the personality and passion of someone who SHOULD own a restaurant! My husband had the Mexican Chili and I had Crab Balls as appetizers. Both were wonderful. I had the Spanish Paella and my husband had Crab Cakes for the main course. WOW! The paella was steaming, fragrant, abundant and delicious. My husband could not stop raving about the crab cakes. I still have enough paella left to feed 3 people, the portion was so large. No room for desserts obviously. We both recommend this fine establishment!

Donna and Ronny