“Good, challenening course”
Review of Gauntlet Golf Club

Gauntlet Golf Club
More attraction details
Owner description: Discover The Gauntlet, one of Virginia's finest golf courses in Fredericksburg. Opened in 1995, our par 72, 6,900-yard, P.B. Dye championship layout features lush zoysia fairways, and smooth, consistent bent grass greens. Set around the lake of Curtis Memorial Park in Fredericksburg, The Gauntlet has made its mark, reaching top recognitions such as Golf Digest's "Top 10 New Course to Play in the US" and Washington Golf Monthly's "100 Best Courses to Play in the Mid-Atlantic". The Gauntlet PGA staff is available for lessons, and our clubhouse is complete with a full-service bar and grill and fully-stocked golf shop. Perfect for your next golf outing, banquet, wedding, or special event.
Reviewed April 11, 2012

The course is well maintained and a lot of fun to play. I would recommend getting a cart since many of the holes are quite a distance from each other.

Reviewed March 2, 2012

I had the pleasure of visiting and playing at The Gauntlet Golf Course and was pleasantly surprised by the friendly and outgoing customer service. The course was in excellent condition and the Zoisa Fairways and the Bentgrass greens were amazing.
We had teed off in the morning and decided to visit the snack bar when we finished the front 9. The food was excellent with many choices to pick from. The snack bar staff was very friendly and prompt.
Definitely on my list to visit again in the near future and highly recommend this course for any golfer!

Reviewed January 26, 2012

I have been playing this course for years and it is by far one of the best lay outs in the area plus the rates are very good. Yes there was a problem years ago but that has been fixed. As for the staff always very friendly and helpfull.

Reviewed May 1, 2011

I was visiting family in Fredericksburg and they took me to a wonderful golf course tucked way back in hiding. It is truly a great golf course! I got there in spring when everything was starting to bloom and it was amazing how pretty yet intimidating the golf course looked. Set right up against Curtis Lake, the scenery was absolutely amazing! The fairways were lush and very nice to play out of. The rough was thick and a nice challenge. The greens were the most amazing part! I had heard that only a few years ago the greens were really struggling and it was amazing how good they look. They were smooth and very green. The superintendent is doing a great job with this golf course! The staff inside was great and very friendly. The food was very good and the outside service boy did a very good job. I would recommend this golf course to anyone who wants to have an extremely enjoyable experience. This golf course is truly one of Virginia's finest!

4  Thank golfalot_13
VGiles, Director of Sales at Gauntlet Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2011

Thank you for the outstanding review. The Gauntlet is getting better every year! We look forward to having you play our course on your next visit.