“Very good dive bar upstairs”
Review of Spirits

Spirits
Ranked #135 of 430 Restaurants in Fredericksburg
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Fredericksburg, Virginia
“Very good dive bar upstairs”
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Just a good dive, old walls, old floors, bad furniture, good music. One word of caution, it has been my experience that they don't clean the tap lines often. I have had my share of "skanky" drafts (Hey, it is haunted). So, sip carefully at first. For the record I have always had a fresh beer poured every time I had received a bad one.

You will probably find a college crowd on weekend nights. Smaller, mixed crowd during the week.

• Visited September 2013

Fredericksburg, Virginia
“Fun and Friendly”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

The gimmick is cute. The food is standard american bar food. The waitstaff is always friendly. It's a fun place to go.

Visited June 2013
Newport News, Virginia
“Interesting”
Reviewed April 12, 2013

It's interesting to see the number of bad review for this place. We stopped here to eat lunch after antiquing all morning.

Yes, it's dark and a bit dated inside. There is an interesting history to the place, though, and our food was actually quite good! I remarked to the waitress that in our weeklong college tour trip, my sandwich there was one of the best that I'd had all trip. It wasn't real busy, but our waitress was on top of everything, and the orders came out as we expected.

We had absolutely no concerns about food poisoning, nor did their food affect us. We'd eat there again - probably next trip!

• Visited April 2013
Morgantown, Pennsylvania
“Second story dive bar”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

If you like dive bars you might check this one. Located on the second floor, it is a poorly maintained establishment with not much to offer

Visited February 2013
“This place is uniquely interesting”
Reviewed November 11, 2012

We stopped for a quick lunch as we were passing through. Of the 3 servers, only 1 had a clue what was going on, the other 2 were in a fog. Although the service was slow, when the food finally arrive it was quiet good, although my order for a sub roll ended up being a wrap.

While we waited we were entertained by the waitstaff as we watched them thrying to figure out what was going on. A UNIQUE LUNCHEON EXPERIENCE but they tried!

• Visited November 2012