“Just Plain Bad Pork Barbeque”
Review of Allman's BBQ

Allman's BBQ
Ranked #32 of 448 Restaurants in Fredericksburg
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Local cuisine
Description: A Fredericksburg landmark since 1954. Famous homemade BBQ sauce, Cole Slaw dressing. Handspun milkshakes. A step back in time. 1 block off the UMW campus directly in front of Eagle Village. Indoor and Patio table service. Call ahead for take-out. T-shirts and aprons available for purchase.
Reviewed December 18, 2012

I grew up eating pork barbecue and know when I having one that's pretty awful. This place that has been around for years used to be good, but my last visit in early Dec. 2012 proved the place is plain terrible. The orgiinal owers are not there anymore, sadly. Our minced sandwich and our pulled one were both chewy, tough and bland. This is most likely the worse one I can remember having, ever. They should know better. I cannot imagine anyone herein putting up a favorable review of this barbecue unless they simply don't know pork barbecue. Cooked properly the pork should just fall off the bone and absolutely never be tough and chewy and certainly not be bland. Three large squeeze bottles sat on our small table for four, only one labeled so we had to experiment on the others with test batches. Striking also is the number of times Mom's is used in the menu. I doubt if this messy, yellow coleslaw is Mom's. They use mustard in it. Its awful tasting. The staff is exceptional and the place is still the old icon of itself, but if they want to stay around for a while they have to correct the pork as fast as they can. Thanks.

Reviewed November 23, 2012

What else can I say!!! The BBQ was out of this world! Small but clean dinning room! Not very much parking, all on the street!

Reviewed October 6, 2012

Whenever we go through Fredericksburg, we have to stop by Allmans's for a BBQ sandwhich and to buy some of the sauce they sell for home use. The Barbeque is pretty good and the old timey building and setting is quaint. It's not the Ritz Carlton, but that's not what we look for in a Barbeque Joint. Some of the best barbeque places are little holes in the wall and that is what makes them unique. So, the food and setting are good enough to go, but my daughters adore the sauce and we buy 3 or more bottles of it when we blow through town. This place has been there for decades, so it has to be doing something right.

Reviewed August 29, 2012

I had heard so many good things about Allman's BBQ, that if I was going to eat BBQ, I should go there. I did. It doesn't hold a candle to either Virginia BBQ or Famous Dave's. It was dry and bland. I would never go back.

Reviewed July 8, 2012

Some of the best BBQ I have ever had...and the quality did not vary from visit to visit.