“Quaint and peaceful”

Ranked #11 of 42 Hotels in Fredericksburg
Hackettstown, New Jersey
“Quaint and peaceful”
Reviewed July 17, 2014

This is a great quiet place to stay off of route 80 that has kitchen and living room. It is off the main highway and there is a small park next door. You can go for walk near-by. The manager Diane is very kind and courteous and will help you with whatever you need.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
John L M, Owner at Affordable Suites of America, responded to this review, October 25, 2014
Thank you for your positive comments about your recent stay with us. I will share your kind comments with my team as we strive to exceed our guest's expectations and make every guest experience pleasurable and memorable. Your recognition means a lot to us.

Sincerely
John McConnell

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Troy, Illinois
Reviewed July 6, 2014

We recently stayed at Affordable Suites while visiting Fredericksburg for an extended stay. The room was comfortable and clean. Diane, the manager, was fantastic. She was able to give good advice for traveling to DC. She gave suggestions for local attractions and restaurants. She was very friendly. We chose this hotel based partly on not wanting to eat out all the time during our visit. The kitchen was stocked with all the dishes we needed. With Walmart just across the street, it was easy to pick up supplies.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 28, 2014

We recently spent 1 month at Affordable Suites in Fredericksburg and found it to be a great place to come home to after our daily outings. The suites are roomy enough for 2 people to live comfortably for our extended stay. We found it very convenient to walk to Walmart for supplies and the neighborhood was quiet and safe for our evening walks. The kitchen was equipped with the basics to cook a simple meal so that we could eat in if desired. In general we found the whole facility to be well maintained. Diane is a very visible, hard working manager, always friendly and available to make sure guests are happy and well taken care of.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Thanks for taking the time to write a review on us on Trip Advisor. We work very hard to achieve being the friendliest, cleanest and best maintained hotel in our city and comments like yours make all that work worthwhile. It was our pleasure serving you and we hope to serve you again in the future should a need arise to return to our area.

California, Maryland
Reviewed June 26, 2014

With all of the name brands around the area, I was a little skeptical picking Affordable Suites, but after arriving, my skepticism was put to rest. The rooms are very spacious, about the size of my first apartment, and the amenities listed on the website are exactly what the room consisted of. The full kitchen was perfect to avoid the lack fast food that lines route 17. Additionally Wal-Mart sits right in front so it is easy to get anything you need, and for those who prefer an actual grocery store, Giant is no more than a few miles down the road.
The atmosphere of the place is very quiet and relaxing. Sitting right next to Mary Washington University it is a perfect place for those who are trying to study or don't want to deal with noise after getting off of work. In addition to the full kitchen, there is also a grill available along with table and chairs for those who want to dine outside. As mentioned in previous reviews, if you are looking for daily maid service, pre-made breakfast and a swimming pool, this is not your place.
Other hotel amenities that may not be fully mentioned. Although there is no fitness center on site, there is access to a gym near Giant. Another option is to run around the area, which is neighborhoods, and it is easy to get in 5K based on how far back the main road goes back. A daily paper is offered at no cost, just have to walk to the office to grab one off the bench. Laundry is available on site, which I did not use so I would be of no use to know the cost. Overall, the location is perfect and quiet for an enjoyable stay.
If you want something to feel like home while you are away, this is the location to stay. Everyone during the stay was friendly and you can tell the manager goes out of her way to ensure everyone guest is happy with their stay. If I have the opportunity to make the trip back, I would definitely look to this place for a reservation first before anywhere else.

Room Tip: The hotel is an adult community so you don't have to worry about kids above you.

Chesapeake, Virginia
Reviewed June 19, 2014

The Affordable Suites in Fredericksburg was exactly what I needed. Most importantly, it was perfectly located next to the Stafford campus of Mary Washington, where I was attending a week long class (traffic is aweful in Fredericksburg!). It had a small kitchen where I could escape the constant dining out, and the room was plain but clean and comfortable. I prefer the extended stay concept anyway since I don't need or want maids in my room daily, don't need a fresh new towel every time I bathe and frankly can make up my own bed. I even had room to do my workouts. P90X anyone? Did I mention that the room was clean! Oh yea, it was just what I needed.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Thank you so very much for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. Comments like yours help us educate potential travelers about Affordable Suites, and helps them feel confident with booking a hotel name they may not be familiar with. We’re very happy you enjoyed your stay and if we can serve you again, please let us know.

Poconos, PA
Reviewed June 19, 2014

Nice clean apartment size room! Included all kitchenware and most everything for a longer stay. The manager Diane was very nice and helpful. I really enjoyed having the bbq grill and seating area after a long day in class.

Room Tip: Beware of 5PM traffic on rt17 going towards downtown Fredericksburg!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your positive comments about your recent stay with us. Our guests tell us all the time how much they like the apartment type layout and the size of each suite. I will share your kind comments with my team as we strive to exceed our guest's expectations and make every guest experience pleasurable and memorable. We look forward to serving you again in the future.

Cape Vincent, New York
Reviewed June 14, 2014

I am a travel nurse and I stayed here for about 3 months. It was great- my room was always clean, the kitchen equipment was great (included is a colander, pot, pan, pizza pan, pitcher, silverware, assortment of kitchen utensils [knives, can opener, cooking spoons], microwave, coffee pot, toaster, dish strainer, measuring spoons/cups, large tupperware bowel). I worked nights at a hospital and it was always quiet enough for me to sleep during the day. The laundry facilities are decent. The grill area is very nice.
Staff is very friendly and accommodating. Internet could have used some improvement- the signal didn't always reach back into my bedroom. But overall, this was a great place to stay. I hope that there will be more opportunities to stay at this chain in my future travel nurse career!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business