“"Travel Experience"”

Affordable Suites of America
Ranked #10 of 41 Hotels in Fredericksburg
Reviewed November 13, 2013

My stay at Affordable Suites, Fredericksburg, Virginia was extremely comfortable. The staff went above and beyond with the service they provided. Exceptional staff, especially the Resident Manager! As a Travel Nurse working night shift I preferred to rest during day time hours, the environment was quiet and peaceful. Normally, when going to a new assignment I would have to pack and bring my own household utensils (pots, pans, dishes, iron, TV, etc.), in this case all utensils were provided.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
John L M, Owner at Affordable Suites of America, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2013

Thank you for your recent comments about our Affordable Suites in Fredericksburg, VA. Our staff takes great pride in providing exceptional service to all of our guests. We have many traveling medical professionals tell us how much they like the safe, secure and quiet setting of our location. All of our guests appreciate having a fully equipped kitchen that allows them to feel as close to home as possible when traveling. We look forward to having you back with us the next time you have an assignment here.

Managing Partner / Affordable Suites of America-Fredericksburg, VA

Reviewed September 3, 2013

worked as travel nurse, had lovely suites, caring staff. Bob the manager, made several contacts to be sure all my needs were met. Very relaxed friendly environment. The room service was thorough. Very clean. Newspapers everyday.

Room Tip: Lower level and the end, lots of beautiful trees and shrubs. Quiet, peaceful area.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Betty W
John L M, Owner at Affordable Suites of America, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2013

We appreciate you sharing your comments about our Affordable Suites in Fredericksburg. We always make a special effort to make our guests feel as though they are at home. Our staff works very hard to maintain a clean and well equipped facility. Our guests are always glad that our convenient location allows for easy access to the area. At Affordable Suites or goal is to provide real value for your travel dollars and we are very pleased to have accomplished that for you. We look forward to hosting you again when you return to the area.

Reviewed August 30, 2013

In case you find yourself temporarily “homeless” as I did recently, then Affordable Suites is the place to go.

I put a deposit on a house in Fredericksburg that was yet to be built and set out to sell the house I was living in, thinking that it would take a long time to do so. Unfortunately (or fortunately, if you look at it another way), my house sold so quickly that I was left “homeless” and needed to find a place to stay while my new house was being built. I thought of all the different alternatives available to me, and decided that Affordable Suites in Fredericksburg, Virginia was the best fit. The best part about staying here is that everything is included in the reasonable monthly rate: the suite consists of a living area, stocked kitchen, and a separate bedroom and includes utilities, cable with HBO, High-speed Internet, Wi-Fi, phone and weekly maid service. Plus, there’s no lease. When my new house is ready, I’ll be ready to move in, having none of the entanglements I might otherwise have if I had rented an apartment.

And the people here are really great. From the resident property manager (Bob) to the maids (Delene and Flor) and the owner (John), I have been pleasantly surprised at how accommodating and helpful they all are.

I give it two big thumbs up!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank RRRRUFF
John L M, Owner at Affordable Suites of America, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2013

Thank you very much for your comments. We are very pleased that your stay with us has been a good experience for you. At Affordable Suites we make every attempt to be the premier temporary housing solution for this area. We offer a true turn key solution so that our guests whether here for a few nights or a few months feel right at home. Our reasonable rates and convenient location along with the other amenities not found in a typical apartment really do set us apart and we are most pleased that you have recognized us for this. We look forward to continuing to provide you with the best option as a home away from home.

Reviewed August 30, 2013

have been ere since March of this year and felt it was time to give accolades to the property and management team. Always someone available to take care of any issue that arises,always friendly and willing to take a moment to make you feel at home. will try to stay here again if Im back in this area woeking

Room Tip: all rooms are located well but check rooms before you accept one just as you would anywhere
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
John L M, Owner at Affordable Suites of America, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2013

Thank you for your recent comments. We are pleased to hear that you feel at home with us and we look forward to continuing to make the remainder of your stay a good experience. We will make sure to pass along your positive comments to the management and staff here at Affordable Suites in Fredericksburg.

Reviewed August 29, 2013

I recently stayed at Affordable Suites of America while visiting friends in Fredericksburg. Very often, travelling is stressful for me because hotels are not as relaxing as they should be. It was quite the opposite on this trip!! I felt "at home," but at the same time, pampered. The suite was clean, roomy, well-equipped, and inviting. The manager made sure that we had everything we needed to be comfortable and well-supplied. The location was fantastic, since we were easily able to get to stores, restaurants, sight-seeing, etc. I felt that the hotel was very secure, but at the same time, provided privacy and quiet. I'd highly recommend the friendliness, the quality of the facilities, and the affordability!!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
John L M, Owner at Affordable Suites of America, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2013

Thank you for your recent comments about our facility. It is always a pleasure to hear from our guests that we are meeting or exceeding their expectations. We take pride in providing a clean comfortable suite along with a friendly environment. We are especially pleased to hear that you felt at home while staying with us. We hope to see you again when traveling to the are.

Reviewed August 29, 2013

I stayed at Affordable Suites for 3 months and was very pleased with everything. My place was clean and quiet. I worked nights at Mary Washington Hospital and had no problem sleeping during the day. The house keepers-Delene and Flor were very accommodating to my sleep schedule and worked around it.
My place was clean and everything was provided. I only needed to bring clothes with me. I would definitely stay again.
The location is good also. Close to grocery stores and an easy commute to MW hosp. and Stafford Hospital.
The manager, Bob and the owner, John were always helpful and respectful.
It's a home away from home!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank 002nurse

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at our Affordable Suites in Fredericksburg. Our # 1 goal is to make our place a home away from home for all of our guests. Our staff works hard to make sure our guests are provided with a clean suite and our resident manager strives to provide the highest level of customer service. We look forward to having you with us again when you return to the area.

Reviewed August 24, 2013

A reservation made 6 months prior to arrival date via HotelGuides.com was not honored.
After driving for 9 hours I arrived at site at 5:30 PM to see a sign on the door stating office hours ended at 1:00 PM (even though reservation states check in is at 1500) I called a number posted on door and Richard Clair (alleged manager) took 20 minutes to arrive to the suites. My 28 yr old son who has Down syndrome with his service dog and 18 yr daughter we with me. While working on the paperwork I inquired about the rational for the office closing at 1:00 with check in being at 3:00 and Mr.Clair stopped the paperwork and said, "You need to go somewhere else. We are an extended stay facility for adults only." While handing me my credit card back he pointed to a sign that stated "only 2 adults per unit" and said "Please leave". He literally pushed me out of the tiny office and closed the door. He then went to the unit where my 2 children were and said "Your mother is waiting for you in the car". I was so infuriated I called 911 and requested that an officer be dispatched to document the situation.... and waited 30 minutes before I finally realized no officer was going to arrive. During the interim, I opened the door to the office attempting to go back in, requesting that I have documentation that my credit card was not being charged for the unit I was prohibited from staying in. Mr. Clair roughly pushed me out of the office and locked the door.

Fortunately, I found wonderful accommodations down the road that was far superior to the dark, musty smelling unit my children used that was initially assigned to us. Unfortunately, the roughness of Mr. Clair and extreme treatment I have never before experienced in my 61 years, caused a retinal tear. When I got back into the car I noted floaters in my right eye that I did not have prior to my arrival at the Affordable Suite. No doubt Mr Clairs rough treatment caused my blood pressure to rise and resulting tear. Upon visiting an ophthalmologist 5 days after the incidence because there was no improvement in the huge floater, I was diagnosed with the tear and required emergency laser surgery to prevent a detachment and concomitant blindness. Hopefully the surgery will be successful which I will not know for 4-6 weeks. If you want to keep you blood pressure down and prevent a retinal tear and possible blindness, STAY AWAY.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank natashia1234
John L M, Owner at Affordable Suites of America, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2013

At Affordable Suites we are very pleased to have a high rating on Trip Advisor and other sites on the web. As you can see the reviews of our guests show that they are very pleased with the service and treatment received while with us. We have reviewed our profile page listed on HotelGuides.com and have confirmed that it clearly shows that our facility Does Not Accept Pets. Our policy has always been to honor any guest's need for a service animal when the proper credentials are presented during the reservation or at check in. Your reservation made no mention of a service animal and your refusal to provide any documentation indicating that the dog was in fact a service animal left our manger no choice other than to inform you that we could not permit your stay with a pet.

Our suites are set up for no more than 2 persons per suite and this information is clearly posted on our web site at www.affordablesuites.com/fredericksburg . We have reviewed the information on hotelguides.com and are taking measures to make sure that this information is more clearly stated.

Finally, the manager on duty that day has more than 30 years of experience in this industry and after investigation by both our ownership and local law enforcement authorities your accusation that you were somehow physically removed from the premises is completely and totally unfounded. In fact during our investigation we interviewed a guest at our facility that witnessed your loud verbally abusive behavior and indicated to us that he was very impressed at the restraint shown on behalf of the manager.
To be sure we take our reputation and commitment to our guests very seriously and do regret that you feel that you were somehow not provided with the service you expected. We will continue to offer our guests what they deserve which is a great value at a clean, quiet, safe and friendly facility.