“Clean, large rooms. Nice Breakfast. Needs a restaurant.”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites
Ranked #12 of 42 Hotels in Fredericksburg
New York
“Clean, large rooms. Nice Breakfast. Needs a restaurant.”
Reviewed February 2, 2012

We stopped here for one night on the way to Florida; picked because of its location, easy on/off with I95 and the reviews we read. Everything seemed brand spanking new; the room was large with plenty of room for an easy chair, desk and chair, TV/fridge/microwave unit and king bed. Lots of hot water from a large shower head; the bathroom was good sized. My only complaints would be an exhaust fan that would wake the dead and a "modern" vanity which must be 45" high. Pretty but not real functional. We'd hoped not to have to get back in the car to get dinner, but the on-site restaurant got generally poor reviews and the gal at the desk agreed it was a loud and basic beer and burger joint. It certainly didn't look inviting. Nothing else is in walking distance...or safe to walk to on the highway. So we drove into Fredericksburg and found the 2400 Diner. Greek food which was excellent.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Warrenton, Virginia
Reviewed January 22, 2012

I, along with several other women enjoyed a delightful weekend at the Holiday Inn Express in Fredericksburg, VA. We had a scrap booking event and the services of the hotel were excellent starting with a delicious breakfast (free with room); coffee available throughout the day; clean facilities; comfortable bed and clean room. I will return for future events in the area.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
Maksumul H, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites, responded to this review, April 17, 2012
I want to sincerely thank you for your remarkable review of our property. We highly value your opinion. I want also thank you for staying with us, and giving us the opportunity to serve you. It was our greatest pleasure having you as a guest, and we look forward to seeing you back in the near future.To exceed your expectation is our topmost priority.

Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed January 3, 2012

rooms - large clean new
breakfast - great selection for a family
overall - very clean and courteous

one of the better quick overnight stops we have experienced.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
To exceed your expectation is our topmost priority.

Thornburg, Virginia
Reviewed January 2, 2012

We are staying here as I write 1/2/2012, and the room smells of cleaning fluids like someone
just got done cleaning the carpets. Okay, it happens. We have coffee in our room for the morning but no coffee maker. My wife called the desk and was told, I check the storeroom.
She called again to say they can't find one. I'm guessing there about 50 to 70 rooms here and only about 5 are occupied. I guess it never dawned on them to borrow from an empty room to please the customer. I would hesitate to stop here again.

Tim

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Maksumul H, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites, responded to this review, April 21, 2012
My heartfelt apology for the somewhat unpleasant experience you had during your stay at our property. The cleaning fluid smell probably resulted due to the professional cleaning and sterilizing service we have on top of our daily cleaning to ensure the most cleanest and sterilized carpets and furniture that our guests deserve. Probably the room that we assigned for you was very recently worked on. Although we try to use the most health and environment friendly products possible, yet sometimes the scent of the freshener may prolong longer than usual. I sincerely apologize for the unexpected discomfort it may have caused you.
Concerning the missing coffee machine the housekeeping must have somehow forgotten to place the coffee maker in that particular guest room. There is no excuse for such mistake additionally the agent at the front desk failing to provide the coffee maker is totally unacceptable. I was very disappointed to find out that you sir; one of our valued guests had to experience such inconvenience due to one of our agent’s lack of commonsense. Although, events such as this are very rare, yet I have taken this example to discuss it with all our guest service agents. Ever since we have become much more vigilant of how we address our guests needs. I thank you for bringing this to our attention. We highly value your opinion.
Although your stay was not perfect this time, I still want to sincerely thank you for staying with us, and giving us the opportunity to serve you. I hope you except our most heartfelt and sincere apology and allow us one more chance to make up for our failure. I promise you that I will personally make sure everything is better than expected. It was our greatest pleasure having you as a guest, and we look forward to seeing you back in the near future. To exceed your expectation is our topmost priority.

Hotel Manager
warrenton
Reviewed December 13, 2011

New everything (bed spreads, paint, tv's, etc.. ), awesome staff, hot & fresh coffee at all hours. Great breakfast as well.

Will go back for sure!!

No dogs allowed :(

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple

Ruffin
Reviewed November 9, 2011

Wonderful trip; stayed for weekend; great "get away". Service was outstanding; staff was very efficient and quite helpful; check-in was quick and easy. Great to have microwave and fridge, as well as coffee maker, in room. Great value. Will definitely go back and highly recommend it to others.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Maksumul H, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites, responded to this review, December 13, 2011
Dear Guest,
First of all I want to sincerely thank you for your remarkable review of our property. We highly value your opinion. I want also thank you for staying with us, and giving us the opportunity to serve you. It was our greatest pleasure having you as a guest, and we look forward to seeing you back in the near future. To exceed your expectation is our topmost priority.

Reviewed November 7, 2011

The Priority Club, Chase Visa card, awards an e-cert, good for a free night at one of their properties upon annual renewal of the card. My wife and I used it for the night of November 6, 2011, at the HI Express in Fredericksburg, VA. When we received our bill on the morning of November 7, we found that we had been charged the full amount.

The employee at the Front Desk was apologetic, professional, and helpful. She promptly called the Priority Club, verified that there should have been no charge, and corrected the error. She then explained that Priority Club DOES correctly communicate the necessary information to the hotel when the free night is based on a points award. They DO NOT, however, communicate the necessary information when the free night is based on an e-cert. She also informed us that the hotel had inadvertently charged a guest on the previous day for the same reason that we had been incorrectly charged.

Our praise to the Front Desk clerk. Not the same to the Priority Club.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,
First of all I want to sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused due to the confusion regarding the E-cert. It was a promotion during that time which somehow very accidentally got overlooked. I am glad that we were able to correct the mistake right away. We intend to be more careful in the future so that this kind of mishap doesn’t happen anymore.
I would thank you for your remarkable review of our property otherwise. We highly value your opinion. I want also thank you for staying with us, and giving us the opportunity to serve you. It was our greatest pleasure having you as a guest, and we look forward to seeing you back in the near future. To exceed your expectation is our topmost priority.