“I'd recommend this hotel to everyone!!”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites
Ranked #12 of 42 Hotels in Fredericksburg
Philadelphia,
“I'd recommend this hotel to everyone!!”
Reviewed October 17, 2011

We were down in Fredericksburg this weekend and stayed here. The staff was friendly, helpful and very nice. The rooms are spacious, well decorated and very clean. There is a great workout room and a nice indoor swimming pool. We will most definitely be staying here again!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Charlotte R
Maksumul H, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites, responded to this review, December 13, 2011
Dear Guest,
First of all I want to sincerely thank you for your remarkable review of our property. We highly value your opinion. I want also thank you for staying with us, and giving us the opportunity to serve you. It was our greatest pleasure having you as a guest, and we look forward to seeing you back in the near future. To exceed your expectation is our topmost priority.

Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed October 16, 2011

This hotel is one of the best that we have ever stayed in..... it was very spacious and comfortable. Everything looks brand new!!!!!!! Only complaint...breakfast was not that great.....

We wish would have come Friday instead of Saturday.....we will definitely be back and SOON!!!!!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

Orlando
Reviewed September 30, 2011

We were driving along I-95 and needed a place to stay, it was after midnight and we were all out of energy, and couldn't go another mile.Out of all the hotels in the area this looked like the safest. We went in and were pleasantly surprised by how nice the person was working the desk (considering it was nearly 1 am, and I know many hotel people at that time of night are nasty!). He found us a nice quiet room, offered us a priority club late check out, and gave us directions to some places still open for some very late night dinner. When we got to the room we were shocked about how clean and large it was! The shower was a dream...I swear I'm going to buy one of those shower heads for my house. We slept great and were able to get back on the road completely refreshed. Holiday Inn has my business for life!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank flowerberry
rajivhai, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites, responded to this review, October 5, 2011

Virginia
Reviewed September 12, 2011

The hotel room was clean, the breakfast had lots of choices, the little business center with a printer came in handy, BUT (as others have said) the walls were unbelievably thin. We had people on both sides of us and we could hear every word of their phone conversations and TV shows even though they weren't intentionally being loud. The guy's alarm clock next door woke us up! We were also able to hear the elevator bell all night long. This hotel is a fine choice if you are a sound sleeper or if you request a room away from others. We were there for several days and never saw anyone cleaning the debris/dirt from the pool which smelled heavily chlorinated--we chose not to swim.

Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Dear Guest,
First of all I want to thank you for your heartfelt review of our property. We highly value your opinion. I want sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused to you by the level of noise from one of the neighboring guest room. I want to really thank you for staying with us, and giving us the opportunity to serve you. It was our greatest pleasure having you as a guest, and we look forward to seeing you back in the near future. To exceed your expectation is our topmost priority.

Malvern, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 23, 2011

We stayed at this hotel during a return trip from Hilton Head Island. The property itself is very nice and new, but it is situated very strangely. I believe it shares a pool with an older hotel/motel property. I thought the picture of the hotel was a bit deceiving, the pool you see in the picture is actually surrounded by the older hotel on 3 sides, and it appears in the picture as though the pool is sitting there with nothing surrounding it in front of the hotel. The parking lot is not large, there is a strip in the front, some on the side and one strip in the back. Honestly speaking I was not overly crazy about the area. Food choices are limited, and we found ourselves getting back on I-95 to get off at another Fredericksburg exit (where we normally stay) to get food. I chose this hotel because the price was $50 less than where we normally stay, but I think next time I will pay the extra $$.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank MON1967
Maryland
Reviewed August 1, 2011

My family had to go down to VA from MD for some extended travel. So I booked the hotel online as it was midway between our first stop and our second stop on the trip. I was a bit concerned as hotels near to highways typically cater to a rougher clientele or are situated for truckers.

It was a bit tricky finding the way into the hotel parking lot as the signs for entry and egress weren't very well lit or marked. However, once we got into the parking lot we quickly found space. This was around midnight on 4th of July Weekend.

The night staff was extremely courteous and friendly and they had a small amenities bar. It wasn't anything fancy just toothbrushes and the like.

They put us on the fifth floor which in most cases means you are stuck in a non-air conditioned room that smells like cigarettes. However, the room was immaculate. The bathroom looked just like the hotel pictures and the beds were incredibly comfortable.

All the furniture looked new or incredibly well looked after and the AC was cooooold. It was so nice.

In june my family had to stay up in Baltimore and we splurged on the Sheraton, thinking how swank it would be. I can hands down this little holiday inn express not only TOASTED the Sheraton for comfort and beauty but spanked them on the price.

Definitely check this place out. Oh yes, the breakfast [only served until 9-ish I think] was great. Never ending bacon and eggs, lots of other assorted things like yogurt and cereal, bagels and muffins, etc. They did have a pancake machine but it was out of order. Still it was a great experience and I can definitely see us coming back.

Room Tip: Put in your reservation online. We used priceline and got a great room rate.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank lonelysheltie
Galloway, NJ
Reviewed July 28, 2011

We stayed here for one night and it was very nice. Hotel is in great shape, rooms are great, very clean and comfortable, breakfast was very nice also. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: get a room on the higher floor!
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple