“Loved this Courtyard”

Ranked #11 of 41 Hotels in Fredericksburg
NY
“Loved this Courtyard”
Reviewed July 10, 2010

This courtyard is one of the nicest I"ve been to. Actually the nicest courtyard I've been to. the rooms are clean, modern, decorated beautifully. The staff was so welcoming, asking if we had floor preferences. When my husband mentioned he smokes and needs to go outside, she put us right near the courtyard door, so he wouldn't have to walk to far. The bathroom was large, clean, and the tub was wonderful with a granite seat at the edge . I can't complain about price, as I get a state government discount, and literally paid nothing for this beautiful room. I would stay here again in a heartberat, even if I was paying full price.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mittmott

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed July 2, 2010

I really like this hotel. Great location in downtown Fredericksburg; I probably wouldn't stay here if just passing through and needed quick interstate access, but good choice for a relaxing visit to the quaint downtown area. Hotel was built around 2006, so very clean and modern. Somewhat small hotel (I think 4 floors), but nice little lobby area. Rooms are comfortable, though not particularly spacious. Fine for one or a couple; would be cramped if traveling with kids. Comfortable beds; free WiFi in room; flat HD television. One minor oddity is no "pay per view" system. However, several HBO channels are in the channel lineup. Parking is $10 per day at a city parking deck nearby, or free on the street (during the weekend). Rates are slightly pricey for a hotel in Fredericksburg, but overall a nice place.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled solo
Marina del Rey, California
Reviewed July 1, 2010

I liked this hotel and was surprised to see some negative reviews. I didn't drive here I was visiting a friend who lives in the area. I thought the room was very nice and very quiet. I used the fitness center a couple of times and it was good. It has a pool which I did not have time to use. I ate breakfast in the hotel one day and it was good. I thought the location was nice - right in downtown Fredericksburg. You could walk right out the door and walk all over town. All in all I thought it was a very good experience.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled solo
North Carolina
Reviewed June 13, 2010

Entrance not clearly marked. No bellhops to help with luggage combined with no valet, and NO hotel parking was a major inconvenince! We had to drop somene off at the door to wait with luggage while going around a very busy block a number of times waiting for a parking place to become available. Everytime we left the hotel for sightseeing we would once again ( upon returning) have to circle block repeatedly to find parking. Front desk recommended a local restaurant which was terrible. Can't remember the nameof the restaurant but it was on the river near the train tracks and just a few blocks from the hotel. The breakfast at the hotel, however, was very good and the rooms are quiet, clean, and comfortable.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank ncdeborah
Reviewed June 6, 2010

new, clean , roomy with competent staff. Upholds the Marriott tradition.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Melbourne
Reviewed May 24, 2010

The Courtyard Marriott in historical Fredericksburg is very nice and in a good location, not too far from the Fredericksburg battlefield visitors center and close to shops and restaurants.

The room is a standard hotel room, but the bathroom looks very new and I loved the polish tiled floors. The only negative is that there is no secure parking on site. So, we had to park on the street. There is a secure parking garage nearby, but that costs extra.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
Washington, DC
Reviewed May 24, 2010

Rooms were nice and hotel was new and clean. Too bad the staff and management were completely incompetent. The valet left the door open on my care killing the battery which I had to jump start myself. Our doors card reader stopped working and we were 3 hours late checking out. The Manager Tony refused to talk to us and his staff gave us his wrong email. And, like other reviews here, we had trouble booking into our wedding block and the rooms were not near each other at all. Again, be warned is you are staying here with a wedding or looking to book it for your special day. This hotel is nothing but a headache.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple