“GREAT HOTEL”

Ranked #11 of 41 Hotels in Fredericksburg
White Haven, Pennsylvania
“GREAT HOTEL”
Reviewed April 30, 2013

We recently stayed at the Courtyard Fredericksburg hotel on our way home from South Carolina. The location is right off of the Interstate and only a few miles from RT 17 which we used to get back home to NE PA. We arrived around 5pm and found our room ready and the front desk staff helpful. The hotel is located right in the middle of town, so we were able to walk around town for a bit before we had dinner. Most of the stores were closed (Monday night after 5p) but we did find several restuarants including everything from sushi to an irish pub. The room was 220 and although small was immaculate, the bathroom was also modern and clean.
Our king size room including a flat screen tc, desk are and small couch. We were able to pop open a bottle of wine and relax on the couch for a couple of hours before turning in for the night. The large picture window faced the interior lounge/bar are which was quiet (again Monday night) but I imagine it could get noisy if there were more people there. I went on Courtyards website and got the room for $150.00, would go back again!.

Room Tip: Ask for room on street side of building if you are concerned about noise from lounge/bar area.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Reviewed April 18, 2013 via mobile

First time for me staying at this hotel. My room was very clean and comfortable. The food is great as well as the staff. Enjoyed the musicians they had it was such a treat. I really enjoyed this town. I hope to return in the future!

• Stayed April 2013
Jupiter, Florida
Reviewed April 12, 2013

My partner and I stayed at the Courtyard Fredericksburg during a combined business/pleaure trip to D.C. After reading the reviews on TripAdvisor, we gave this place a try. We were not disappointed. It is located right in the heart of the Historic District, which is where you want to be in Fredericksburg. We took Amtrak from D.C. and the station is only a couple blocks...walking distance. The check in was a breeze, and Molly at the front desk could not have been more pleasant and helpful. She is a great asset to this property and made us feel at home. The rooms are modern and upscale and feel more like a boutique than a chain hotel. The entire property is new, clean, and has anything you need. The room was quiet and all our requests were handled quickly and effortlessly. This is a great property if you are ever in Fredericksburg, and the ONLY hotel right in the heart of it all.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 3, 2013 via mobile

Business & pleasure visit to Fredericksburg brought me back to this property. Love it. Perfect location across from the visitors center and on the main window shopping/antiquing street. Rooms are well kept, plenty of space to move around and quiet. (PS. I checked in on a Wednesday night and there was nothing causing a disruption.).

I love the staff here - professional, friendly and helpful. Lots of smiles and 'thank you's'...not the fake hospitality kind of smiles - just nice people with good manners hat seem to really like their jobs.

Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
VA
Reviewed March 29, 2013

smart hotel, great lobby, the new generation ct. yard. solid front desk staff, the food is limited but appealing and the staff at dinner and bkfst. could not be nicer. rooms were modern and well thought out. would not hesitate to return, as a matter of fact, have.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed March 21, 2013

We stayed at the Courtyard in Downtown Fredericksburg, using Marriott points. The hotel is well situated, sort of at the edge of all the shops and restaurants/bars in the small downtown area. Understand that this is a very small, quiet town...even on St. Patrick's weekend it was calm compared to where we live in Baltimore. We arrived on a Saturday afternoon, and parked on the street for free, within the same block as the hotel...never moved our car until 11am on Monday (2 hour parking restriction is in effect from 9am Monday til 5pm Saturday); however, I believe I saw a covered multi-level garage within a block or so of the hotel, so parking really isn't an issue.

Check in was quick and easy, and since we are Gold Members we received a 15% off coupon for the Bistro, which at check in they pointed out had a Sunday brunch. Unfortunately, the person who checked us in neglected to tell us that the 15% coupons were not good for the brunch...we found that out after we got our check. The Sunday brunch was good, better than I expected for buffet food and they actually had an omelet station. Since there doesn't seem to be a ton of breakfast options right in town it is probably worth the $15 for ease of getting a bite to eat first thing on a Sunday. The waitstaff was very attentive and friendly.

The hotel itself was clean and well designed, seemed fairly new. The bar and lounge area was nice...we sat in the lounge area, where they had little booths with personal TVs, and had a glass of wine and played cards. Our room was on the 3rd floor and was very clean and well appointed. My only complaints were these:

- The mid-wall level HVAC unit (a modern sort of window type unit) was located so that it blew directly on us when we were in bed...after night #1 we had to turn off the HVAC unit completely.
- The towels and even the bed linens could use an upgrade. I've stayed at Courtyards before and I don't ever recall noticing the towels/linens (good or bad)...these were very thin...not worn or old...just of cheap quality. For instance, if you have long hair, a hand towel to dry your hair will not cut it.
- Even though this hotel doesn't seem very old (none of the furniture, etc. showed any sign of real wear), the king bed was terribly uncomfortable (room 303). It was very soft, which suits some people just fine I suppose, but it sunk in the middle...ugh! My husband and I sorta rolled into the middle, unless we deliberately positioned ourselves on each of the far sides of the bed...not terribly romantic. I'd maybe stay here again if I were in the area, but the bed may be a deal breaker...two nights of sleeping in a slumped in bed made me yearn for my own bed, and happy to be checking out after two nights :(

Overall, they do a nice job at this hotel, and hopefully they can keep up with the need to replace the mattresses and maybe address the towel/linen quality over time. Would have given it a 4 or maybe even a 5 if it weren't for the uncomfortable bed.

Room Tip: Maybe check the quality of the mattress before you unpack.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mac3016
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I brought a corporate group here for an offsite this week. Great location, in the midst of downtown historic Fredericksburg. The decor throughout the hotel is very nice, clean and comfortable. It has a warm contemporary feel. My king sleeping room was spacious and I felt at home - the bed was very comfy, my room faced the alley and was quiet at night. I spent alot of time in the lobby during the day as my corporate group was meeting in one of the meeting rooms nearby. Alot of thought went into designing the lobby, bar and bistro area. Some great touches - plenty of open space to hang out in, but also nooks and more private lounge areas, a few outfitted with multiple outlets and private televisions. These little touches I appreciated, as I spent 3 full days sitting out there working on a computer. I got to know several of the staff from the front desk and bistro since I spent so much time there. Every one of them cheerful and helpful, when I asked for assistance, ordered from the bar or bistro, or had questions. Couldn't have asked for better service. Would definitely go back.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business