Courtyard by Marriott Fredericksburg Historic District
  • Pool
  • Free Internet
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
All reviewsparking garagegreat locationwithin walking distancehour parkinghotel barcaroline ststarbucks coffeecan't beat the locationtwo blocksvisitor centernice courtyardlounge areaantique storesfront desk staffhotel is locatedthe hotel staffmini fridge
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Very well situated in the heart of the historic district, perfect location for all the quaint restaurants and shops. This is the only hotel located in the historic district which is the reason we selected it as we like to try the local wines with dinner so don't want to drive.
A few of the reviews mention parking as an issue. Either pay for valet or as we did, park right outside on the street where you are allowed 2hr free parking...after 6pm restriction lifted.
The small fitness room was adequate for my wife and our 5yr old loved the small pool.
Our only regret is that we arrived the day of Hurricane Sandy so only a couple of shops and restaurants were open. It's a pretty, interesting town and we would have loved more time.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 5, 2012

This hotel is located in the midst of and in walking distance of Fredericksburg Va historic district. Right across the street from the visitors center and the tour trolley. Has restaurant and valet parking

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed October 27, 2012

I just stayed for three nights for a business conference. I was by myself. Cleanest place, new interior, most comfortable beds of any hotel I've ever visited. Fantastic amenities. The fitness center is small, and closes at 11 pm, but it was just me every time I was in there. I loved it.

The staff were all really friendly. There is one lady who was working the bar who, despite being super nice, was slower than anything and took too much time having small talk with other customers and left me hanging when I wanted to place an order. Another hotel staff member had to come and help me.

Bathroom was huge! Loved that.

Parking is in a paid garage over a block away, and that is not very convenient. But valet parking is available. My check in was a bit slow, but that was because some pain in the bum customer was complaining about not being able to get a room at the last minute.

The food is good, and the place is surrounded by great restaurants and within walking distance of some terrific sites and restaurants. Try that Bangkok Wok! If you like Thai food, you will like the place. About three blocks away. And a pleasant walk.

Took plenty of time to sit in the hotel bar in a booth with my own tv that was really comfortable. That was great.

I loved my stay at this hotel. Price is about average. Not too low, possibly a bit high. Average. But the hotel is fun and WAY above average. A well managed hotel! Congrats!

Room Tip: I stayed in room 329 and it was fantastic.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 24, 2012

This is a centrally located hotel in the heart of downtown historic district. Easy walking distance to many boutiques and restaurants. The hotel itself was reasonable priced as we booked the room months in advance for my daughter's wedding. The beds are VERY comfortable and that is very hard to find in a hotel.

HOWEVER, I want to warn everyone the valet service is severely lacking. We had several of us registered in our room so there was more than one vehicle using the valet parking. When you turn over your vehicle to the attendant you simply give them your room number. They do not give you a ticket like most valet attendants do. Upon pickup, you simply tell them your room number. Our daughter, had them bring her a car from ANOTHER ROOM, then our car, then they finally admitted they didn't have any more keys with our room number on it and could she please come and identify her keys! She then had to tell them what kind of car she was driving. Any dishonest person simply needs to hang out in their lobby and overhear a guest dropping off a car and a room number. Wait a few hours, as to pick up "his" car and poof...off he can drive in a car compliments of the Courtyard Marriott! They need to either implement a valet ticket system, start asking the guest to identify their car or something. For $12 a day there needs to be more precaution taken.

I discussed the situation with the manager the next morning and she told me it was very unusual for them to have more than one vehicle registered under one room. (I find this hard to believe as there was 7 weddings in the hotel that weekend) and that they had never experienced this before. She did remove 3 of the 5 valet fees from my bill. However, I did talk with another patron of the Courtyard Marriott while waiting for the horse and buggy ride who was also there for a separate wedding and she told me that they too had 3 cars registered under their room. They had also had a problem getting the right car from valet the previous day Guess management forgot that....and supposedly it had never happened before....yeah right!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank indebt2all
Reviewed September 23, 2012

Have stayed here two time and will stay at this hotel again. Close to the downtown area, easy to get to, vallet parking is easy, people nice and accommodating. The room was clean and in top order. Hotel lobby cafe has fast breakfast, with good service. Highly recommend the yogurt parfait. We has a meeting here in the spring and the folks here went to extra trouble for us, even allowed us to add 25 extra people for lunch. They did not miss a beat. Our traveling companion liked the pool too.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business