Courtyard by Marriott Fredericksburg Historic District
$100
$97
Country Inn
$129
All reviewsparking garagegreat locationwithin walking distancehour parkinghotel barcaroline ststarbucks coffeecan't beat the locationtwo blocksvisitor centernice courtyardlounge areaantique storesfront desk staffhotel is locatedthe hotel staffmini fridge
Reviewed September 24, 2012

This is a centrally located hotel in the heart of downtown historic district. Easy walking distance to many boutiques and restaurants. The hotel itself was reasonable priced as we booked the room months in advance for my daughter's wedding. The beds are VERY comfortable and that is very hard to find in a hotel.

HOWEVER, I want to warn everyone the valet service is severely lacking. We had several of us registered in our room so there was more than one vehicle using the valet parking. When you turn over your vehicle to the attendant you simply give them your room number. They do not give you a ticket like most valet attendants do. Upon pickup, you simply tell them your room number. Our daughter, had them bring her a car from ANOTHER ROOM, then our car, then they finally admitted they didn't have any more keys with our room number on it and could she please come and identify her keys! She then had to tell them what kind of car she was driving. Any dishonest person simply needs to hang out in their lobby and overhear a guest dropping off a car and a room number. Wait a few hours, as to pick up "his" car and poof...off he can drive in a car compliments of the Courtyard Marriott! They need to either implement a valet ticket system, start asking the guest to identify their car or something. For $12 a day there needs to be more precaution taken.

I discussed the situation with the manager the next morning and she told me it was very unusual for them to have more than one vehicle registered under one room. (I find this hard to believe as there was 7 weddings in the hotel that weekend) and that they had never experienced this before. She did remove 3 of the 5 valet fees from my bill. However, I did talk with another patron of the Courtyard Marriott while waiting for the horse and buggy ride who was also there for a separate wedding and she told me that they too had 3 cars registered under their room. They had also had a problem getting the right car from valet the previous day Guess management forgot that....and supposedly it had never happened before....yeah right!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank indebt2all
Reviewed September 23, 2012

Have stayed here two time and will stay at this hotel again. Close to the downtown area, easy to get to, vallet parking is easy, people nice and accommodating. The room was clean and in top order. Hotel lobby cafe has fast breakfast, with good service. Highly recommend the yogurt parfait. We has a meeting here in the spring and the folks here went to extra trouble for us, even allowed us to add 25 extra people for lunch. They did not miss a beat. Our traveling companion liked the pool too.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 27, 2012

As a parent of a college student in Fredericksburg, I have spent more than my share of nights in this town. This Marriott Courtyard -- a definite step up from other Courtyards I have stayed at -- is easily the most convenient, not only to the school, but to anything downtown has to offer. As B&B's are my usual preference for out-of-town accommodations, this is quite lavish praise, as I usually avoid chain hotels like the plague.

First off, the rooms are spacious and well appointed. It's great having a mini-fridge, microwave and coffeemachine at your fingertips, even if you don't actually use them -- knowing that they are there means that if you have restaurant leftovers, you can take them back with a clear head!

The staff is lovely and helpful (in fact, we were upgraded to a mini-suite when the desk clerk noticed that we had our college-aged daughter in tow (we had originally booked a room with 2 Queens). Checkout was handled equally cheerfully and efficiently, as was the valet parking. One small criticism -- having 2 TVs in a mini-suite is great, but if there is no wall between the two areas (there isn't), it's kind of difficult to have both TVs going at the same time. Free in-room internet is also great.

As we had a 7-hour drive back home ahead of us, we decided to take advantage of the Sunday brunch, which, at a lower price for hotel guests ($15 pp), was well worth it in terms of the variety of foods as well as the quality. The servers and the on-site chef (omelettes, etc.) were lovely, personable and also extremely efficient. The cold berry soup was to die for!

Downtown F'berg is not all that big -- maybe 4 blocks down Caroline to William, and then after making a left, 2 blocks deeper. But there is quite a choice in terms of restaurants/coffeehouses & antique stores. One night (a couple of years ago), we happened upon a street fair with a live band down by the river -- a great evening of entertainment!

I've stayed at a number of B&Bs in the area, as well as other chains, but until my daughter graduates -- alas, one more year! -- this is my go-to choice in the area.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 22, 2012 via mobile

Perfect for any length of stay, I have nothing but great experiences every time we have stayed in one of their hotels. I highly recommend and will definitely stay here again. We arrive late and had limited contact with the staff but they were friendly and courteous.

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed August 20, 2012 via mobile

We were driving from NY to North Carolina and wanted to get half way before staying overnight somewhere. With the benefit of technology, we were able to locate, contact, and book a room at the courtyard Marriott in Fredericksburg. We arrived tired and ready to collapse. We were greeted by a lovely young woman who got us settled quickly and before we j sw it, we were in a comfy, clean, cozy room. Another good night's sleep and another positive experience at a Marriott! Oh, on the street parking was easy and didn't cost a thing as long as we left before 11am. Saved on the $12.00 valet parking. The rate was good but that was because we could use a AAA discount. Otherwise, I think the cost would have been a bit high for the area,

• Stayed: August 2012