“Will not come back” 2 of 5 bubbles

Capital Ale House
Ranked #21 of 427 Restaurants in Fredericksburg
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub, Brew Pub
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Drinks, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Will not come back”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2013

We waited over an hour for our food and wen we finally got it the food was not hot. They were extremely short staffed and it was a holiday! You think they would have been better prepared. Food was just ok. We were there over two hours! Ridiculous!

• Visited July 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

“Would easily be 5 stars if service were better.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2013

The Capital Ale House was really nice. They've got dozens of great beers on tap and hundreds more in bottles. There is a really interesting bar with a frozen strip to keep your glasses cold. The decor is amazing and the food was wonderful--I'm actually eating some of their Big Carrot Cake for breakfast as I write this.

The downside to this place is the service. They were not overly busy and there were plenty of servers. Our waitress was very nice but not attentive and not good at her job. Everything we ordered took forever to get to the table, beer and food. Also, it was later in the evening when we arrived and we were starving. We ordered the fried cheese curds for an appetizer. When 20 minutes had gone by without them arriving my brother asked the waitress what the situation was. It was then that she "remembered" that they were out of cheese curds and we wouldn't be receiving any. Had I been leading our little party at that moment she and I probably would've had words. She just seemed oblivious to how poor her service was and content to be cute.

My brother says this is the biggest issue with restaurants across Fredricksburg; that the food and ambiance is great, but that the service is lacking.

I'd definitely go back to the CAH but I'd like to see them step up their customer service.

• Visited July 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
“I will never come back here”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2013

The service sucks I order my beer and they took 20 min to give me a beer and they weren't even busy I think you need to take care of your horrible service I will never come to this place.....

• Visited July 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
“Great beer selection, and good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2013

I love trying different beers, so I enjoy the ever-changing beer menu here. The food is dependably good, and the service has always been great. Fun place to go!

• Visited June 2013
Kane, PA
“Nice choices of beer”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2013

It was lively and crowded; large variety of beers. Food was good. Server didn't have a super personality; wasn't horrible, but he seemed to be there because he had to. As a waiter, he could have tried to be a bit more pleasant; after all, it is the business! There were things to keep the under 21 crowd a bit entertained, but I can't be sure what they all were.

• Visited June 2013