“great wine list”

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Charles Street
Transit: We are a few blocks from the main train station on Princess Anne Street.
Description: We make beautiful food and crazy good cocktails. All handmade, artisanal, and delicious.
whidbey island, wa
“great wine list”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

A fun, hip, exciting location downtown. A great enoteca just like in Tuscany! Wonderful staff took great care of us.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank anita

Alberta, VA
“A jewel in Fredericksburg”
Reviewed September 28, 2013

Kybecca was recommended by a family friend and while traveling on business I was able to get a seat outside on a beautiful fall night. Our server came by and explained the concept of the restaurant which is focused around small plate beginnings, wine, and fantastic specials. Speaking of wine, the selections were fantastic. I had a great Pinot Noir to start and a very nice Sauvignon Blanc with the main course. A great wine selection in which the staff has taken time to pick interesting bottles that you don't usually see in the area. The food we had were all items from the specials list. I Started with crab rolls that were fantastic. My traveling companion had the Black Sea Bass which he stated over and over was the best fish he had ever had. High praise from a guy who is notoriously picky about seafood. My dinner was the shrimp and scallop bowl. the seafood in the bowl was great but the star of the dish was the okra. I have never seen okra prepared this way but it was great with the shellfish. The okra was cooked as a whole pod split down the middle and seared in some form of method. Great dish! Service wise, it could not have been better. There was a hiccup at the end of the night with our business travel cards. The situation was taken care of and the owner, Rebecca Thomas, went out of her way to ensure we were happy. She was as gracious of a person as I have ever encountered at a restaurant. Great night, Great food.

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank Jeff B
Fredericksburg, Virginia
“Lots of fun--Tapas and wine”
Reviewed September 24, 2013

Cute little tapas place with good food and all kinds of wine associated with an excellent wine store. Good service.

Visited August 2013
Rebecca T, Owner at Kybecca, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Hi,
Thanks so much for taking the time to review us. I think it may have been awhile since you have been in. We have been a full restaurant for over a year and the wine shop was turned into a swanky bar earlier this year. You can check out our full menu, selections and press at kybecca.com.
Fredericksburg, Virginia
“To little food”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

Greta concept but no real food - i'm not into the tapas and sipping wine - I like my wine with a hardy meal and good friends its a little to stuck up for my taste... Pound for pound to expensive for what you get.

Visited May 2013
Rebecca T, Owner at Kybecca, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Hi Rick,
Thanks for taking the time to review kybecca although we are wondering when you may have visited us? We have not served tapas in over a year and our beverage list is quite extensive with the addition of the bar (much to be had in place of wine). One of the main compliments we receive today is on the size of our portions as well as the quality.
We invite everyone to view our menu and food at http://kybecca.com/menu/.
Germantown, Maryland
“Excellent Food with Icy Stares and [D---] Service”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

My family and I met here (Fredericksburg is half-way between DC and Richmond for us) for a bon voyage send-off for my dad who was leaving for a trek across Spain for 40 days. I chose this restaurant based on the vegetarian/vegan and gluten-free menu and the good reviews on TripAdvisor. It also looked nice from the photos on TripAdvisor. The ambiance and food were excellent, however our server was a young man who gave off the vibe that it was our privilege to be there. I think he was just naive. The owner (I knew who she was from the kybecca website) passed by our group of 9 several times and never stopped to ask how the meal was. The restaurant was not at all busy so I don't think it’s a far off idea to expect an owner to check on a larger group that was spending over $300 in their restaurant! Instead we were met with sideways glances and even an inaudible negative comment when we attempted to take family photo after the meal was over. Besides the fact that I used OpenTable.com to make the reservation, I also contacted the kybecca special occasions coordinator through the kybecca website to let her know we were a party of 9 and that we were excited to be trying kybecca. She responded to my e-mail, so at least one person knew we were coming there for a special occasion. Maybe she didn't tell the owner? Not that I was expecting the owner to address us, but I was just surprised that she didn't and instead gave us icy vibes. I guess we just didn't fit in with the "hipster" Fredericksburg crowd. This was a disappointing experience.

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank lblackwell29
Rebecca T, Owner at Kybecca, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
This review came as a real surprise to all of us at kybecca for several reasons. The first being that a member of your party spoke to me to say what a wonderful experience you all had, how much she enjoyed the place and the food and shook my hand. We even spoke about the upcoming trip your family member is taking.
I walked by several times with the intention to stop and speak to your party but you were all happily engaged in conversation and it is our policy not to interrupt conversations to insert ourselves. This is our policy because not everyone wants an owner/manage to come to the table and we try to be sensitive to that. I am glad to hear you recognized me because I walked around specifically to make myself available for any problems. I am sorry of there was the perception of icy stares but perhaps I just didn't have a smile on my face at the exact moment you observed me?
Garrett was your server and when I walked by a second time he was talking to the table with several people laughing, it would have been difficult to discern any problems from that.
All we ever ask is for customer's to make us aware of any problems while in the restaurant so we can correct on-site. Since I did my best to observe, be available and had a very positive follow-up conversation with a member of your party I was not alerted to any problem.
There is no cool/hipster litmus test to be a kybecca customer. If you enjoy good food and drink, you are a welcome addition.