“Small on space, great on taste”
Review of Soup and Taco

Soup and Taco
Ranked #24 of 456 Restaurants in Fredericksburg
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed January 23, 2014

For a very small place, approximate seating of 30, the food was really good. My soft tacos had two tortillas each. Spice was just the right amount of kick, I had the tortilla soup and shrimp tacos and both were very good. Also, the coconut flan was very tasty. It is located right in Old Town Fredericksburg so it is very convenient to the little shops there. Wear an extra sweater if you go in the winter time, cause it was a bit cool. Service was excellent and the price reasonable. Will probably return to try some other dishes.

Reviewed January 5, 2014

Plantains were good. You can also get yucca fries and empanadas; next time I'll try them! It is a little more expensive than your average Tex Mex but you can get things here you may not be able to order in other places so, depending on your mood, that's a trade-off you'll have to consider.

The place is shaped like a corridor and it doesn't have many tables so it fills up quickly.

Reviewed December 26, 2013

Stopped in for lunch and wasn't disappointed. Although seating is limited, the staff waited on the tables very quickly and as soon as a seat was available, it was filled by others. My wife had a chicken and a steak taco, and I had the pork, all was outstanding and very authentic. We shared an order of the Yuca fries, which if you haven't tried them, you need to, and the spicy sauce for the fries was excellent. Great little stop for lunch if you are in downtown Fredericksburg, I would recommend this place to my friends..

Reviewed December 22, 2013 via mobile

Overall the meal was good. I had the steak taco's with black bean soup. The taco's had a nice spice with flavorful steak. The black bean soup is one of the best soups I have experienced out in town. The black bean soup was creamy with great flavor and texture. Bonus: the beans are from a bag, not canned. My mom had the beef nachos, nothing to exciting she mentioned. Even though Soup and Taco uses fresh ingredients in their recipes, I'm not sure I would consider it "authentic." I've been to Mexico City and the flavors were similar in some ways, but the overall meal wasn't exactly authentic. However overall a good meal and would revisit. Enjoy!

Reviewed October 21, 2013

I stopped here while driving through Fredericksburg and am glad I did! This is not your typical Mexican restaurant. The food is authentic and reasonably priced; the service is friendly. The black bean soup (delicious!) is vegetarian. The pork tacos were filled with flavorable, slightly crispy chunks of tasty pork. You must try the horchata -- a drink made with rice, cinnamon, sesame seeds, peanuts, cocoa and morro seeds. It's like drinking rice pudding or kheer. Outstanding.

The restaurant is small and you might have to wait for a table at busy times, but it's worth it! I will definitely go back when I'm in the area.