Review Highlights
Exceeded Expectations

We have done many food tours. What set this one apart was that the owners Regina and Gill are the... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
Mike M
Moseley, Virginia
Local Date Day

Great Date. My husband and I decided to tour local as we live just an hour away. This walking... read more

Reviewed March 16, 2019
866kelleyw
Bumpass, Virginia
via mobile

Recommended experiences in and around Fredericksburg
All reviews highly recommend this tour historical facts food tour craft beer live here wonderful tour old town civil war gil regina spencer businesses knowledge pace tours stops downtown
Selected filters
Reviewed March 4, 2018

We would highly recommend Flavors of Fredericksburg!! Regina and Gil are such a personable, likable couple and they made the whole day immensely enjoyable. Gil has a great understanding of the local history and a strong background in the whole aspect of historical buildings and their preservation. Regina is the "foody" who got the whole thing started. We loved the history and the food was exceptional--everything from heavenly cupcakes to in-house smoked brisket to flavorful Italian pasta and much more. Go, definitely go--you'll have a great experience!

Date of experience: March 2018
FlavOFred, Owner at Flavors of Fredericksburg, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2018

Thank you for your kind review. The best part for us is, meeting all the nice folks who choose to spend a part of their visit to Fredericksburg with us!

Reviewed November 14, 2017

I did this tour with my family and it was wonderful. Regina and her husband were absoultely fantastic. On the tour you will walk through downtown Fredericksburg, be provided with historal facts and food along the way. I was pleasntly surprised with the blend of history and food on this tour. It was a perfect balance between history & food. There were many resturants that we visited that I have since gone back to, due to the tour. I would reccomend this tour to anyone visiting and even those who live in the area. Great Job!!!

Date of experience: April 2017
FlavOFred, Owner at Flavors of Fredericksburg, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2017

We were delighted to have you!! Truely, our pleasure. Thank you for your kind review.

Reviewed October 29, 2017

Regina and Gil are very personable--they made out day with their tour. We had a group of seven including my wife and myself. Friends that live close to Fredericksburg had hooked us into going with them. I started out very hungry, so I wish we could have stopped at Eileen's Bakery and Cafe first instead of the Rising Sun tavern. It's well worth the time.

Date of experience: October 2017
FlavOFred, Owner at Flavors of Fredericksburg, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2017

Thank you for your kind review. We were so happy to meet you!

Reviewed October 29, 2017

Extremely enjoyable time with extremely enjoyable husband and wife team. Walking and food sampling tour in a vibrant and hardworking historic district. Historic Fredericksburg VA is not a doll house or a "do not touch" tour in an antiseptic museum. You will be exposed to reality, fiction and fables of early colonial Virginia; same for the beginnings of the USA; civil war and the realities of 20th century America. Along the way you'll taste some samples of food from olive oil to excellent pasta and sauce prepared by very skilled cooks, chefs and shop keepers. We had great weather and I had a great time sharing my personal Fredericksburg historical experiences with the dynamic duo of Gill and Regina.

Date of experience: October 2017

Overwhelmed by your kind review. The pleasure is truly ours! Thank you!

Reviewed October 29, 2017 via mobile

Had a great time on this tour. Regina and Gil were fun and very knowledgeable on the history of Fredericksburg. We live here in the area and still learned a lot from them. Food stops were great and all of the establishments treated us well. Highly recommend this tour to all who want to learn more about history and eat some great food.

Date of experience: October 2017
FlavOFred, Owner at Flavors of Fredericksburg, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2017

Thank you for your kind review. We really enjoyed having you on the tour.