“Good for person on the go”

Motel 6 Fredericksburg South
Ranked #40 of 42 Hotels in Fredericksburg

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Fort Myers, Florida, United States
Reviewed August 23, 2013

we stayed at this motel on our way to our new home in Fort Myers, Florida. It was not a new motel and was very basic but it was clean, the price was reasonable and it was assessable to I95. We got a good night's sleep and headed back on the road the next morning.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Germantown
Reviewed June 16, 2013

The only reason we stayed was because it was pet friendly. Next time I will definitely find another place. It's good for a one night stay and that is about it. I was not comfortable because everything seemed a bit dirty. When you drive up, the hotel looks like it is not even open, the planters have weeds growing in them. I was leary even being outside without my husband, because I did not feel safe.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
St. Catharines, Canada
Reviewed March 8, 2013

Very basic but clean hotel for anyone needing a good nights stay while travelling.
The beds were clean, bathroom was spotless and the TV surprisingly got premium cable channels. Perfect for an overnight during our return trip from Florida

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank fkscott
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed October 26, 2012

My Dad & I stayed here as we were in town for a funeral. He made the reservation for this room. We aren't high maintenance people and this was just a place to sleep for us. However, had it been me making the reservations, I would have chosen a step above this. The staff wasn't the southern definition of friendly but they weren't straight up rude either. This place is bare bones. There are no 'ammenities' to speak of. The television is oooold, by at least 20 years. There is no alarm clock, there isn't even kleenex in the bathroom, only 1 bar of soap at the sink and one bar of soap in the shower. The faucet handles on both the sink and the shower were loose so it was tricky getting the temperature that you wanted and the bathroom door was warped so that we couldn't close it all the way. Don't expect a hair dryer or an ironing board either. The clothes rack and hangers were likely the same ones that have been there since the 50s. I was afraid I might need a tetinus shot after handling it. There IS a mini-fridge and microwave so that was a redeeming quality. The towels appeared to be clean but old, they had a greyish tinge to them as opposed to the white towels you would find at any other establishment. We were booked for 2 nights but only stayed for one, not because of the experience but because we were informed by our family that the trip back to Baltimore (to the airport) would be hell on the morning of our departure so we chose to drive back to Baltimore and stay near the airport. The difference between this Motel 6 and the hotel that I chose to book at the BWI airport made it seem like I was staying in a 5 Diamond resort.

As for the shady characters that are mentioned in other reviews, I don't think that I saw any shady characters but none of the other hotel patrons made eye contact with us. We were standing by our cars saying good-bye to my aunt that first evening and I guess we must have been standing too close to one of the other patrons' cars because he came out of his room and bumped the alarm on his car (sorry dude, we weren't trying to jack your car). Also, we were driving a rental car which happened to be a Cadillac CTS. We noticed later on the next day that one of the wheel covers was missing. Not saying that someone lifted a hubcab off of the rental car at this motel or any other place because Cadillac wheel covers are held on by clips and are notorious for falling off BUT I wouldn't be surprised if someone stole the hubcap at this motel. It definitely looks like the place you could expect that sort of thing.

A good thing that I can say about this place (besides the mini fridge) is that it was quiet. There seemed to be a large amount of people staying at this Motel at the same time as us but we never heard anyone in the parking lot or through the walls. AMAZING accoustics for a cheap motel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank jen b
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed December 14, 2011

There was either some kind of stake out or this is a popular place for questionable transactions.

There were people loitering around at all hours, not making eye contact, and either lounging on their "way too nice to be at Motel 6" cars or walking around the property holding the same bag for an hour at a time.

The staff was rude, the room smelled funny, and the whole experience was bad. Had we not arrived in the middle of the night and been too exhausted to drive again we would have left immediately. As it was, I was pleasantly surprised to find our car still there when we woke up.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank SportsMoose
Pottstown, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed October 18, 2011

We were searching for something cheap, b/c we wouldn't spend much time in the room... you get what you pay for. We were worried for the entire weekend we would be robbed in our room or approached outside. There was a blonde prostitute-looking girl who just circled around the building talking to herself. There were some other shady looking characters just loitering around. Parking was terrible when we arrived back to our place at 10pm. We had a non-smoking room, which the sheets and comforter reeked of smoke. The shower was nothing more than a mist. There were tons of holes and parts falling in the bathroom. When we turned the light on in the bathroom, it made a terrible loud noise that woke anyone up in the room. The towels were tiny and rough. The beds made your joints ache and the pillows very cheap. Just a terrible overall experience, especially traveling with children.

Room Tip: Spend the extra $5-$10 and get a better place.