“Great Hotel!!”

Fredericksburg Hospitality House and Conf Center
Ranked #23 of 41 Hotels in Fredericksburg
Reviewed January 1, 2010

I own several corporate and retail businesses throughout the United States and when we hold our bi-monthly Northern, VA meetings, I do not hesitate to book rooms for my employees and business partners at the Hospitality House Hotel. For the past 5 years we have stayed there and each and everytime, they meet our expectations and beyond. Mr. Harb, the GM, has always been able to accomodate us with 50+ rooms at a time even when we'd only given a very short notice we were scheduling our meetings and conferences. He has always come through for us and the entire staff there continues to remain exteremely hospitable and friendly. For someone like me who honestly has no time to waste or argue (especially when it comes to hotels and conferences), I recommend this Hotel with my promise that you as well as your employees will enjoy your stay and no matter the circumstance, The Hospitality House and The Hospitality House staff will always come through for you.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled on business

Reviewed December 18, 2009

We had my sister's engagement party there and everything was wonderful. Bonnie Martin did a great job. The food was delicious, the decorations in the room were beautiful and the service was very friendly. They also have a brunch that is served with everything you can think of! The rooms are bigger than your average sized hotel room and the location can't be beat!

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed October 11, 2009

I live in Fredericksburg, and have known friends and family that have stayed at FHH when it was a Holiday Inn several years ago. My husband and I went to try out the Tempurpedic mattresses that the hotel uses because we were considering purchasing one. We stayed on a Wednesday evening, so the hotel was very desolate. The hallways smelled like smoke, but thankfully our room didn't. Our bathroom was not stocked with soap or shampoo, and when I called to the desk to ask for some, no one was available to bring it to me, and I had to walk the long U shaped corridors to get it myself (not something I wanted to do at 11pm after I had already prepared to shower). Upon arrival at the front desk, I stood for several minutes before I was even acknowledged. The room was extremely outdated (old TVs, chipped paint, etc.). The hotel boasts a bar, but it wasn't open. The rooms all have sliding doors and a walk out area, but only some of the rooms are equipped with sunbleached plastic patio chairs. Even if you did walk out onto the patios, you would just be taking in the parking lot and surrounding backs of retail buildings. Nothing special. And the Tempurpedics must have been old, because they were nothing special either.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 10, 2009

We stayed here for a several day period during the month of June. This hotel was all over the place with room quality. My room was OK, but some of my colleagues were in very nasty rooms. (Here is what was found wrong with most rooms- mold in bathrooms and on air conditioning vents, peeling wallpaper, ripped carpet, food on the beds, used unmentionables on the floor (*from a previous guest), outdoor seating covered in bird droppings) Also worth noting is that the outside pool was closed. When someone asked about it being closed a woman at the front desk answered -"It doesn't have water in it so that would make it closed. Great location but that is it. Too bad, if it were well run and kept up it could have been a nice place. If I payed for this room I would have been more upset than I was. Don't stay here unless this is your last option. There are some great new hotels in the area not five minutes away.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed May 22, 2009

Meh. I've experienced better... but I've experienced worse as well.

Don't expect much from this hotel. The good side of this place, is that it is in Central Park - the retail mecca of Fredricksburg, VA. It lies right in the center of a concrete jungle, and close enough to anything you would ever need on your trip.

The bad side? Hmmm.... well, let's just say it's no Westin. Within our one night stay, we had no air conditioning, no working hair dryer, a bathtub that doesn't drain, seven TV stations, and a trampoline for a mattress. [Note: we received a $40 discount considering all the broken amenities]

Overall, I had a roof over my head and I didn't see any bugs. So, whatever - it served its purpose. If I were to plan another trip to the area, I definitely would not repeat the experience. Stay away!

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 7, 2008

we just got back from a 5 night marine reunion here-the hotel
was full with our group-not one bad word about this hotel from anyone except the hotel is pretty sprawling, it's so large-it's an
older hotel & the halls & elevators need updating but the rooms
are very nice-they had HBO, free internet, iron, coffee pot, great
bed & A balcony-the front lobby is beautiful & they gave out
apples-the pool is nice-this hotel even had 2 free comuters to
use with printers-the staff were all friendly-there are 2 restaurants
in the hotel with a great $10 breakfast buffet-the location of this
hotel is magnificent-it is right off highway 95 & right in the largest
shopping mall we have ever seen called central park-I believe
it's 310 acres of restaurants & shopping-fredericksburg was a
great place to visit-so much history & a very quaint old town right
on the river-

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed August 31, 2008

I was here on business for two nights. I first thought it was a Holiday Inn but was notified later that it was another hotel name. I got my room rate through our company website, and when I checked in the guy asked if i had a AAA card to show my rate. I then tried to explain to him that it was booked through my company's website and that I could show him the rate if he gave me a computer. He was very rude. He then gave me my room keys and when I got there (eventually) the room was pretty big, but the A/C unit was EXTREMELY low and hardly worked. Keep in mind the summer heat!! The bathroom (shower area) needs to be overhauled. DONT STAY HERE!!

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)