“Absolutely wonderful place to stay” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Fredericksburg Hospitality House and Conf Center

Fredericksburg Hospitality House and Conf Center
Ranked #19 of 42 Hotels in Fredericksburg
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
“Absolutely wonderful place to stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2012

My family and myself have stayed at this hotel three times already and each time we were delighted with our stay. The suites and rooms are beautiful, the facilities excellent and the personnel most helpful. The hotel is extremely quiet and the beds are excellent - perfect for a good night of deep, refreshing, sleep. Even though the rates at this hotel are very reasonable, the overall experience is much better than in most top-dollar hotels. The location is also ideal: walking distance to I-95, inside Fredericksburg and a short drive to Washington DC. Finally, you can have dinner at the hotel's grille, there are also plenty of good restaurants to choose from within walking distance of the hotel. All in all, one of the very best places my family has ever stayed at and we very much look forward to our next visit.

Room Tip: Ask for the suites which come with a large very comfortable jacuzzi
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Bonnie M, Director of Sales at Fredericksburg Hospitality House and Conf Center, responded to this review, August 20, 2012
Thanks so much for taking time to share your recent experience at our hotel. We are pleased that you enjoy the convenience and comfort of our hotel. Next time you visit, please join our Loyalty Program, "Frequent Family Member Program" so that you may earn benefits. We appreciate your loyalty and support. Hope that you will visit soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2012

My family and I often travel from Florida to New York. The Hospitality House is located in the perfect place for us to break this trip up into two days. It is just outside of Washington, DC, so we can avoid that terrible traffic when we are tired from the long drive up I95. The Holiday House is located right off of the interstate. There are many stores and restaurants to choose from within walking distance. The rooms are very very nice. The staff is always great. This is a little home away from home for us. The staff is very warm and friendly. I feel they always try their best to make us welcome and to accommodate us in the best possible way. Love going there and always wish we were staying longer.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Parkville, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2012

The customer service at the service counter was excellent; Nita was very friendly, professional and caring and a wealth of knowledge of the hotel and sites in the surrounding areas.

The hotel breakfast was exceptional as well. Staff was courteous and friendly and the food was just great, we didn't have to eat breakfast outside the hotel.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Bonnie M, Director of Sales at Fredericksburg Hospitality House and Conf Center, responded to this review, August 16, 2012
On behalf of all our staff, thank you for taking time to write about your positive impressions covering our front desk agents, hotel amenities and our culinary offerings. We do appreciate very much your business and support and we hope to have you back again with us in the very near future.
Beaver, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2012

For the rates this hotel charges (under $100/night) they could teach more expensive hotels a lesson or two. They really place the emphasis on 'hospitality'. The entire staff deserves recognition from the polite young man who checked us in to the housekeeper who helped us resolve our room key issue to the smiling waitress at breakfast each morning. Superb service. Room was clean, nice fresh linens, and a great pool which I made use of while my husband visited battlefields. Location was perfect for historical sightseers and shopping addicts alike since it sits adjacent to a large shopping center.
The only negatives were -too small of an elevator, goose droppings on the walkway and one of the washers in the laundry was broken. Not dealbreakers. Would stay here again.

Room Tip: choose a 3rd floor pool side room for best views. 1st floor rooms not prime locations but probably...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Bonnie M, Director of Sales at Fredericksburg Hospitality House and Conf Center, responded to this review, August 9, 2012
Thank you so much for the excellent review. We could not be more pleased with your "emphasis on hospitality" review....after all with our name being Fredericksburg Hospitality House...our number one goal is quite clear! We are so pleased you enjoyed our location, staff, junior olympic outdoor pool, nearby historical sights and the wonderful shopping in our area.

We do hope you will be back soon. Our staff appreciates your patronage and support.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2012

The derecho storm that hit Virginia caused lengthy power outages so we booked one night here. The day after the storm the local hotel rooms were rapidly being booked, but there were still a few rooms available here for about $119 a night, which I thought was a bit high for the property. I did ask should my power come on by the time I left work at 5pm, would I be able to cancel without penalty and they said yes, for this situation they would allow it.
My husband and daughter had arrived prior to me and said the front desk people were not the friendliest. I am going to give them a break, perhaps they were overwhelmed with the chaotic situation of masses of people looking for rooms that day.
The room (#242) was large with nice decor, but dimly lit ,even with three lamps. The bulbs should have been a higher wattage. The two double beds were very squeaky with every move and felt quite old and saggy. The damask striped sheets were super thin and see-thru. The pillow cases were pilled and not comfy.
The bathroom was well lit in the sink/mirror area which was a plus. The bathroom vanity had about a 4 inch burn mark, spots on the ceiling and door and the shower curtain was moldy/mildewed at the bottom. There was no outlet in the bathroom, so I had to use an outlet close to the bathroom and stretch my blowdryer while trying to see in the mirror.The bath towels were thick and fluffy.
The moment I entered the room it sounded as if it were storming outside. There was no storm, it was the kids on the floor above us opening and closing their sliding glass door for hours. The hallways were noisy with unattended young children. After midnight until 3am, the noise then came from adults who obviously must have been partying. I do not hold the hotel responsible for the noise. I am sure there were plenty of local families with bored children who had to take up residence at the hotel due to no power at their homes.
We did decide to place a to-go order from Ledo Pizza which is on-site. The female employee was very attentive and did warn us that they were swamped and it would take some time. It took about an hour and 15 mins. for our food. I understood the reason for the delay. I was starving and when I went to open my food I was disappointed that I was not faced with the Chicken Caesar salad, but some other salad with tomatoes, lunchmeat and bacon bits. I was too tired to take it back. The rest of the food was good. We did receive vouchers for free breakfast excluding tip, but did not use them.
Overall, the room appeared clean and the decor was pleasing. New beds and linens would make a stay here more pleasant. Would I stay here again in the future? If the other local properties-Hampton, Hilton, Residence Inn and Homewood were booked, I guess I would.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your comments with regard to your recent stay during our preiod of horrible thunderstorms and power outages. You are correct in assuming that we were very dedicated that particular weekend, engaged and yes, perhaps preoccupied in taking care of the various different hardships and special needs that the people of our community had during that time.

The room that you stayed in has beautiful brand new beds, linens, custom curtains, flat screen TVs, microwave, mini-refrigerator, wireless internet, pillows, furniture and lighting. However, the noise level was most likely at an all time high level due to the amount of families with children in our hotel during this sold out period. I apologize that your stay was not more tranquil.

We certainly would love to have you back during our "normal" course of business. We thank you for your patgronage and support.
Richmond, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2012

I enjoyed my visit to this hotel for a conference. The food was great and the service. I like how the conference center was separate from the actual hotel rooms. It is well designed to hold conference in a professional manner. Thank you!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Bonnie M, Director of Sales at Fredericksburg Hospitality House and Conf Center, responded to this review, July 28, 2012
Thanks for taking time to write about your positive expereience while attending a Conference here. We are so glad you enjoyed the meeting space (we feature over 10,000 square feet of meeting space) and the delicious food (we are a full service banquet and catering facility too).

We do hope you will visit again in the future. We appeciate your comments and support!
Fredericksburg, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2012

I stayed here after my power went out in the storm. Being dog-friendly, we took a chance. IT WAS GREAT!!! The breakfast was plentiful with the waitresses refilling the buffet at 10:30 (closing time) instead of putting it away. Everyone was helpful and the hotel was clean. The pool was huge and wonderful. I really enjoyed staying here despite actually living under a mile away. Great vacation even under crummy circumstances. BRAVO!!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank tuashley13
Bonnie M, Director of Sales at Fredericksburg Hospitality House and Conf Center, responded to this review, July 18, 2012
Thank you very much for taking time to share your positive experience with our local community and travellers. We hope you will consider us as your "home away from home" and remember to use our services too for any future family reunion, wedding reception, discounted room block, anniversary or other special event....our spacous banquet rooms, full service in house catering operation and fabulous food and beverages are where we really excel. We appreciate your business and support!