Fredericksburg Hospitality House and Conf Center
Ranked #20 of 41 Hotels in Fredericksburg
Beaver, Pennsylvania
“Impressed!”
Reviewed August 6, 2012

For the rates this hotel charges (under $100/night) they could teach more expensive hotels a lesson or two. They really place the emphasis on 'hospitality'. The entire staff deserves recognition from the polite young man who checked us in to the housekeeper who helped us resolve our room key issue to the smiling waitress at breakfast each morning. Superb service. Room was clean, nice fresh linens, and a great pool which I made use of while my husband visited battlefields. Location was perfect for historical sightseers and shopping addicts alike since it sits adjacent to a large shopping center.
The only negatives were -too small of an elevator, goose droppings on the walkway and one of the washers in the laundry was broken. Not dealbreakers. Would stay here again.

Room Tip: choose a 3rd floor pool side room for best views. 1st floor rooms not prime locations but probably...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Bonnie M, Director of Sales at Fredericksburg Hospitality House and Conf Center, responded to this review, August 9, 2012
Thank you so much for the excellent review. We could not be more pleased with your "emphasis on hospitality" review....after all with our name being Fredericksburg Hospitality House...our number one goal is quite clear! We are so pleased you enjoyed our location, staff, junior olympic outdoor pool, nearby historical sights and the wonderful shopping in our area.

We do hope you will be back soon. Our staff appreciates your patronage and support.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed August 2, 2012

The derecho storm that hit Virginia caused lengthy power outages so we booked one night here. The day after the storm the local hotel rooms were rapidly being booked, but there were still a few rooms available here for about $119 a night, which I thought was a bit high for the property. I did ask should my power come on by the time I left work at 5pm, would I be able to cancel without penalty and they said yes, for this situation they would allow it.
My husband and daughter had arrived prior to me and said the front desk people were not the friendliest. I am going to give them a break, perhaps they were overwhelmed with the chaotic situation of masses of people looking for rooms that day.
The room (#242) was large with nice decor, but dimly lit ,even with three lamps. The bulbs should have been a higher wattage. The two double beds were very squeaky with every move and felt quite old and saggy. The damask striped sheets were super thin and see-thru. The pillow cases were pilled and not comfy.
The bathroom was well lit in the sink/mirror area which was a plus. The bathroom vanity had about a 4 inch burn mark, spots on the ceiling and door and the shower curtain was moldy/mildewed at the bottom. There was no outlet in the bathroom, so I had to use an outlet close to the bathroom and stretch my blowdryer while trying to see in the mirror.The bath towels were thick and fluffy.
The moment I entered the room it sounded as if it were storming outside. There was no storm, it was the kids on the floor above us opening and closing their sliding glass door for hours. The hallways were noisy with unattended young children. After midnight until 3am, the noise then came from adults who obviously must have been partying. I do not hold the hotel responsible for the noise. I am sure there were plenty of local families with bored children who had to take up residence at the hotel due to no power at their homes.
We did decide to place a to-go order from Ledo Pizza which is on-site. The female employee was very attentive and did warn us that they were swamped and it would take some time. It took about an hour and 15 mins. for our food. I understood the reason for the delay. I was starving and when I went to open my food I was disappointed that I was not faced with the Chicken Caesar salad, but some other salad with tomatoes, lunchmeat and bacon bits. I was too tired to take it back. The rest of the food was good. We did receive vouchers for free breakfast excluding tip, but did not use them.
Overall, the room appeared clean and the decor was pleasing. New beds and linens would make a stay here more pleasant. Would I stay here again in the future? If the other local properties-Hampton, Hilton, Residence Inn and Homewood were booked, I guess I would.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your comments with regard to your recent stay during our preiod of horrible thunderstorms and power outages. You are correct in assuming that we were very dedicated that particular weekend, engaged and yes, perhaps preoccupied in taking care of the various different hardships and special needs that the people of our community had during that time.

The room that you stayed in has beautiful brand new beds, linens, custom curtains, flat screen TVs, microwave, mini-refrigerator, wireless internet, pillows, furniture and lighting. However, the noise level was most likely at an all time high level due to the amount of families with children in our hotel during this sold out period. I apologize that your stay was not more tranquil.

We certainly would love to have you back during our "normal" course of business. We thank you for your patgronage and support.
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed July 26, 2012

I enjoyed my visit to this hotel for a conference. The food was great and the service. I like how the conference center was separate from the actual hotel rooms. It is well designed to hold conference in a professional manner. Thank you!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Bonnie M, Director of Sales at Fredericksburg Hospitality House and Conf Center, responded to this review, July 28, 2012
Thanks for taking time to write about your positive expereience while attending a Conference here. We are so glad you enjoyed the meeting space (we feature over 10,000 square feet of meeting space) and the delicious food (we are a full service banquet and catering facility too).

We do hope you will visit again in the future. We appeciate your comments and support!
Fredericksburg, Virginia
Reviewed July 11, 2012

I stayed here after my power went out in the storm. Being dog-friendly, we took a chance. IT WAS GREAT!!! The breakfast was plentiful with the waitresses refilling the buffet at 10:30 (closing time) instead of putting it away. Everyone was helpful and the hotel was clean. The pool was huge and wonderful. I really enjoyed staying here despite actually living under a mile away. Great vacation even under crummy circumstances. BRAVO!!!

1 Thank tuashley13
Bonnie M, Director of Sales at Fredericksburg Hospitality House and Conf Center, responded to this review, July 18, 2012
Thank you very much for taking time to share your positive experience with our local community and travellers. We hope you will consider us as your "home away from home" and remember to use our services too for any future family reunion, wedding reception, discounted room block, anniversary or other special event....our spacous banquet rooms, full service in house catering operation and fabulous food and beverages are where we really excel. We appreciate your business and support!
Pensacola, Florida
Reviewed July 5, 2012

Having been on a motorcycle trip in the southeast for two weeks, it was time to park the bike for a few days (definently not biking into Washington, DC). The hotel staff was helpful and friendly. The hotel was clean.Daily breakfast was average and limited choices available, I was not there for the Sunday Brunch. The location is a few short blocks from the train station, which was a plus. The historic district is walkable from here and the trolly tour from the Visitors Center is across the street. Parking is at a public garage: this was not a problem. We unloaded at the hotel and had access to the secure garage, which is a very short walk from the lobby. Parking was hassel free.Wi-fi worked well. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: If you can plan ahead, look for a package deal.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
, Director of Sales at Fredericksburg Hospitality House and Conf Center, responded to this review, July 7, 2012
Thanks very much for taking time to share your feedback on your recent trip to our fine city of Fredericksburg and on your stay here. Please do come back and visit soon....we appreciate your patronage and support.
Fredericksburg Virginia
Reviewed July 3, 2012

I sit here writing this almost in tears as I wish to express our heartfelt gratitude for the hospitality extended to us by the Fredericksburg Hospitality House during the current power outage situation on the East Coast. My husband and I; and our little dog, suffered through 48 hours of temperatures in our home approaching 95
degrees, with no idea when power would be restored. We finally gave up and I called the FHH for a reservation. I have never experienced such kindness from strangers, who did everything in their power to accomodate us! The front desk staff was remarkable in their efficiency; and patient with all of us storm "refugees", who had no idea when we might be going home again. You have no idea how important this is until you experience it. Our room was ready when we arrived. They graciously had waved the 24 hour cancellation policy in case our power was restored before we arrived. We were in one of the dog friendly rooms that had not been renovated, but it was spotless and wonderfully cool. We felt that we had been swept into a safe haven where we could finally relax. Breakfast was ample and flavorful; even though I am sure the facility was as unprepared as we were for this totally unpredicted weather event. Our highest kudos to the front desk staff, housekeeping and all of the other employees that we did not have the pleasure of meeting! After all; it is the people who make the place! Special thanks to Shirley, Sandra, Candace, Sharon and Nita for your kindness and caring even though we know you also were having similar challenges at your own homes! We will never forget the friendly and professional folks who took care of us at this home away from home. We highly recommend the FHH to future visitors to our wonderful city!

Room Tip: Courtyard rooms are wonderful for those with pets!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
, Director of Sales at Fredericksburg Hospitality House and Conf Center, responded to this review, July 5, 2012
Thank you very much for taking time to write about your experience during the time period of the horrific thunder storms and power outages. We pride ourselves in being here in times of need for our city and its citizens and we thank you for your patronage and support.
Richmond Va
Reviewed June 9, 2012

Firstly, the pool is without doubt, the best I have seen at any hotel. It is huge, and 12 feet deep in the deep end, and clean and apparently well maintained. I have been told that the hotel was built on the site of a former country club, and the guys who built it, in a very rare moment of common sense, decided to leave the pool unchanged. It is an older hotel, but we found nothing wrong with it and the rates are ok too. The rooms have a fridge, microwave, coffee maker, ironing board, and of course wi fi, and there is a fitness center. Also there is a good bar, with a happy hour, a somewhat politically incorrect thing to have in this oversensitive age, but they have it. Furthermore, their "free breakfast" is a real cooked breakfast, not just the fruit and cereal that some other places have the balls to call "breakfast". We make occasional trips to Fredericksburg, and when we go in the future we will definitely stay at this hotel. Excellent value.

Room Tip: Get a room overlooking the pool, if you can.
1 Thank xkdude
Bonnie M, Director of Sales at Fredericksburg Hospitality House and Conf Center, responded to this review, June 11, 2012
Thank you so much for taking time to write a review. We are so pleased you that you enjoyed our Junior Olympic Size Pool and that you enjoyed our full hot breakfast....these two amenities really do set us apart from the various "express" type hotels in the area. We certainly hope you will visit again soon. We appreciate you patronage and support!