Fredericksburg Hospitality House and Conf Center
Residence Inn Fredericksburg(Fredericksburg)
Dunning Mills Inn(Fredericksburg)
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewsconference centerledo's pizzatwo sinksbreakfast buffetroom was largeapplebeesrefrigeratorchainhighwayflorida
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 20, 2012

This place is huge. Room was clean but needs updating. Air was out but the staff quickly fixed it.

Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Bonnie M, Director of Sales at Fredericksburg Hospitality House and Conf Center, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2012

Thank you very much for taking time to give us your feedback. We have recently completely remodeled and upgraded over half of our sleeping rooms....next time you are in our area, please let me know so that you experience them...they are very beautiful with a comtemporary feel, custom curtains and spreads and elegant furniture. We appreciate your patronage and hope to have you back with us soon!

Reviewed April 4, 2012

A friend recommended this place because it was just off the highway with numerous places to eat within walking distance. Therefore, I stayed at the Hospitality House a few days ago and was assigned a room that was 84 degrees. I was told that the AC did not work in this section of the hotel. Therefore, I requested a different room in a section in which both the hear AND the AC worked. They accommodated me. However, if they knew this section did not have proper HVAC, they should not have assigned me a room there and then made me have to move all my "stuff" to another section. Very inconvenient !!! The radio/alarm was not cleared from the previous occupant and the alarm went off at 4AM. The rooms are decent, there are plenty of chain restaurants nearby, but the rates ($90.00) at this place are no bargain. Travelers would be well advised to look elsewhere for less expensive places to "sleep" - - - assuming your alarm doesn't wake you prematurely. Equally as good chain hotels are close by and you will save a lot of money by staying elsewhere.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank winter_in_the_key
Bonnie M, Director of Sales at Fredericksburg Hospitality House and Conf Center, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2012

Thank you for your recent feedback regarding your stay. My apologies that my front desk staff had to move you however we did want to ensure that you had a comfortable stay and ample air conditioning because of the premature Summer weather! We also apologize for the unfortunate incident with the alarm clock.

We do pride ourselves in our low rate and value. If you do check other properties in our area, you will note that we have one of the lowest rates in our region for comparable properties.

Next time you are in town, please visit us again and we will ensure your satisfaction.

We appreciate your business and support.

Reviewed March 28, 2012

We stayed at here due to being in town for a meeting. Very clean and excellent service. Our stay included a breakfast as part of the package, which was very good and ample. We ordered off the menu. Great value for the money and more reasonable than the surrounding hotels. We will stay there again!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Bonnie M, Director of Sales at Fredericksburg Hospitality House and Conf Center, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2012

Thank you so much for your comments on your recent stay. We look forward to your next visit and appreciate the patronage and support!

Reviewed March 20, 2012

This is a very friendly place just off I95 and in the center of Central Park Mall. Room rates were under $100 and included breakfast.
The condition of the rooms were fair but the beds and linens were perfect.
The rooms needed updating but were comfortable. Balconies all faced the pool.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Bonnie M, Director of Sales at Fredericksburg Hospitality House and Conf Center, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2012

Thank you so much for your latest review. The staff here is very proud of our "Friendliness Hotel in Fredericksburg" moniker. At the time of your stay, we were at a sold out status and while you did stay in one of our spacious rooms with the balconies, it was not one of rooms that have been completely revamped complete with flat screen TVs, microwave, mini-refrigerator and brand new beddijg, furniture, carpet and more! Next time in town, please request one of our Executive Edition rooms to ensure availability....I know you will be quite pleased.

We appreciate your patronage and support and look forward to having you back with us soon.

Reviewed March 15, 2012

I read the reviews before I came for a 3-night conference. My expectations were low, which was a good thing.

Yes, everything you read about the location is true - it's in the middle of the biggest collection of chain stores I've ever seen. You name it, there's one within a mile - WalMart, Target, Mattress Discounters, Mens Warehouse, and every chain restaurant in America. Which wouldn't be all *that* bad, except that (for example), my hotel room looks out on the back of a row of stores (with no trees or other screening). Someone has a portable generator right outside my room to power the store renovation they're working on. Others at my conference said they heard the beep-beep-beep of trucks in the Lowe's parking lot all night.

The good news is that the heating and A/C don't seem to work at all in my room. That's good, because other people say that their rooms are stuck on either heat or cool with no way to turn it on or off - temperatures in the 50s & 80s. (The weather is really beautiful, so I don't actually need heating or AC. If it were winter or summer, I would be less sanguine about the fact that it doesn't work!)

The exterior doors are all labeled as being locked 24x7 (as they should be), but most of the time they were unlocked, and frequently propped open. No sign of any closed circuit cameras on the entrances. This combination made some of our group uncomfortable, especially given the location where people could be wandering into the hotel from the nearby shopping center without being noticed.

Furnishings are new and comfortable, although I find double beds small.... glad I wasn't sharing! Everything was very clean. Bathroom is cramped and needs renovation.

On the positive side, the staff is courteous and reasonably helpful (although no one could tell me where to find bike trails). The food was tolerable.

Not the worst hotel I've stayed in - but I wouldn't stay here if I had the choice.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank JeremyInFairfax
Bonnie M, Director of Sales at Fredericksburg Hospitality House and Conf Center, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2012

Thank you for writing about your experience. We sure do hope that you will give us another visit....however this time, please ask for our rooms overlooking our beautiful courtyard and our Jr. Olympic Size Pool. It sounds as though you would enjoy the quiet beauty of this type of room.

On another note, we have just finished this week installing a new key system in our rooms and also our perimeter areas that are on security timers so we can assure you that our security systems are fully in place.

We pride ourselves in our fine Culinary offerings, spacious guests rooms and have many letters of recommendation to offer any group or individual.

If your plans include visiting Fredericksburg again, please call me direct so that we can ensure that your next experience exceeds your expectations.