“If you're staying in Fredericksburg, STAY HERE.”

Residence Inn Fredericksburg
Ranked #7 of 41 Hotels in Fredericksburg
Reviewed December 7, 2010

I have to say I was so pleasantly surprised by this property I'm going to continue to look for Residence Inns everywhere I go now. The property just passed its 2-year mark, so the rooms and public areas are still in good condition. The room was quite spacious, and we got a remarkable deal ($89/night). It was centrally located to the things we wanted to do, including historic Fredericksburg (such a short drive!), several local wineries, and right next door were two large shopping centers. The front desk staff was friendly and welcoming. The morning breakfast buffet was large, well-stocked, had great hours, and the food was quite good. There was an indoor pool and jacuzzi, and outdoor basketball/tennis/volleyball court, but we didn't use any of those.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed November 2, 2010

This was a retreat weekend for a women's book club. Six members of our group spent two nights and we found the property to be exceptional. We used two 2-bedroom suites which provided enough space that we didn't feel crowded. The distance from Richmond made it easy for one member to return to work and back each day without being burdensome. Your property offers enough amenities that we could easily stay within our budget; i.e the "continental breakfast" was a bonus beyond our expectations. The proximity to a variety of eateries, shopping and entertainment was ideal for our purpose. Staff members were always friendly and helpful. In fact I shared with the front desk clerk that I would be writing a review upon checking out. If there is anything negative we didn't find it with the hotel. Coming from I-95 on Friday at dusk is a bit daunting trying to manuever in traffic in an unfamiliar area. Other than that we had a successful weekend. In fact we've decided to return for next year's retreat. See you in 2011!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank 2cousins
Reviewed October 27, 2010

This hotel has it all....great location, extremely clean and inviting room and facilities, and very good value for the money however what sets it apart is the enthusiastic, friendly and very professional staff we encountered during our 3 day stay. Local management of this hotel must be outstanding if the quality of the employees is any indication.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank nwesterner2
Reviewed October 17, 2010

The location was great for finding restuarants and shopping since the mall was in walking distance from the hotel. The mini kitchen in each room was very clean and inviting with beautiful granite countertops. That within itself made it feel like home. The king-sized bed slept wonderfully, but on the contrary, the pull out bed from the sofa was horrible. The mattress inside the pull out was old and down right uncomfortable. Love the mirrored covered closets. Overall, great place to stay.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 11, 2010

Check in process was great, we felt like our mini leisure trip mattered to Deidre........she went out of her way to accommodate our needs and helped with restaurant/shopping suggestions, even printing out directions for us. It didn't stop at the Front Desk, our room was amazing, large and spacious, full size refrigerator, comfortable bed.............clean, which is the most important factor for myself. Evening staff was just as warm, friendly, and helpful............. sorry to say I didn't the name of the dark haired front desk woman working on the evening of the 9th., she also was very nice. Full breakfast was very good, great selection, breakfast staff was great...occuring theme, GREAT PLACE!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mare1957
Reviewed October 1, 2010

I loved the hotel...new, nice and comfortable. The breakfast was great as well. The staff however, is unbelievable..and not in a good way. First of all, their phones were down for 3 weeks. So in order to book a room, I had to research Mariott to get their email address. I had a friends and family discount and they made it such a hassle to get the reservation. I had to call a couple times before arriving to make sure they get the reservation right.
Upon checkout the staff had no idea how to charge my credit card. Since I split a room with a friend, they didn't know how to charge for just half the cost and had to wait for another staff member to help. I'm sure I'm not the first one that has had to split the cost before, not sure why they aren't taught how to do that.
Then, when I got home, I noticed a pending charge on the debit card that I made the reservation with. I thought I would give it a few days and it would go away, since it was just to hold the reservation....WRONG! I got double charged...once on the debit card I used to reserve the room and once on the CC I paid with upon checkout. These people whould not be allowed to use a computer or handle money. Seriously. I know I sound upset and it's because I am... I have never had this many issues getting a reservation and paying.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
TharaldsonPropMgmt, Owner at Residence Inn Fredericksburg, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2010

Thank you providing us with your feedback and kind words about our hotel. I apologize you had these negative experiences. I will be sure these issues get addressed. Guest satisfaction is our main priority and we are always looking for ways to improve as well as making sure any issues get resolved. We hope you give us a chance to make things right and try the Fredericksburg Residence Inn again next time you find yourself in the area.

Reviewed August 29, 2010

There is really not much negative to say about my stay at the Residence Inn Fredericksburg. The stay was short (one night) for a wedding--but everything was pleasant. It's a newer hotel, built within the last year or so. Thus, everything was clean and "new". I stayed in a one bedroom suite. It was spacious and comfortable--as was the bed. There were flat screen t.v.'s in both "rooms": the main bedroom and the living area. It's separated by a door that closes; so you could have privacy if more than a couple are staying there. There was only one bathroom, f.y.i. They did have a full size refrigerator, microwave, sink, dishwasher and stove top. Also, all the dishes, utensils, dish soap, dish detergent, etc were provided. Complimentary coffee and microwave popcorn are also included in your "welcome basket". The hotel also offers a 24 hour "market" at the front desk. It's a little limited; but they do have the basics for sale: microwavable soups, Chef Boy R-Dee type meals, meal replacement bars, candies, sodas, waters, ice cream, etc. The location of the hotel is convenient for pretty much any type of shopping you need, however. Within a mile, there is pretty much any store you need. Between the Spotslyvania Mall (within walking distance) or Fredericksburg's Central Park shopping: dozens of stores and restaurants, "box stores" (Costco, Best Buy, Target, etc.). Also, a Giant Supermarket and a K-Mart are within a mile's drive. Some restaurants nearby include Red Lobster, a Mexican Place in Central Park (forget name), Bone Fish Grill (very good restaurant for fish or other), Cheeseburger in Paradise, Smoky Bones BBQ, etc.
The hotel is also right off of I-95, making it convenient. It doesn't show up on many GPS's because of it's newness, however--FYI.
The staff was very nice and pleasant. I didn't get to use the fitness center; but it looked new and adequate. Also,the indoor pool liked nice. They did have an outdoor multi purchase court for sports; but it was a little small. They had a basketball hoop and a net set up for volleyball or badminton, I guess.
For pet owners, it IS dog friendly; but they charge an additional $100 flat pet fee. I personally thought that was a little excessive; but I guess it is a new hotel so they want to keep it that way.
As for the noise, it wasn't a problem. I didn't note if I faced I-95 or the "main drag" street.
Either way, it was quiet.
They also include a hot, breakfast buffet for free. I didn't get a chance to sample it; but heard it was good.
All in all, a great hotel that I would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple