Residence Inn Fredericksburg
  • Free Internet
Dunning Mills Inn(Fredericksburg)
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewsmovie theaterfront deskbowling alleyhuge mallfire pitbasketball courtfull kitchenbedroom suitemarriott hotelslight sleeperhotel is locatedlong term staywithin walking distancehousekeeping staffshopping and restaurantshome away from homevery nice hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 8, 2012

We stayed there recently on our way to Myrtle Beach. It is right off I-95 but hard to find, that's my only criticism. However, the place is beautiful, the staff is great, and the location to restaurants, etc. is great.
There is a new outside upscale mall right next that you can walk to filled with shops and very cool restaurants. There is also an indoor mall right there and a huge movie theater.
We loved it and will return.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Stephanie S, General Manager at Residence Inn Fredericksburg, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2012

Thank-you so much for your great comments and suggestions! We appreciate all the suggestions and the time that you have taken to write them! We look forward to hosting you again on your next visit to the Fredericksburg area! Thank-you once again!

Reviewed November 4, 2012

I stayed here over the weekend with my family and everything was going pretty well. Nice set-up, spacious room, cleaned and very inviting. Once Saturday night approach that's when the problem occurred. After a long work day, I just wanted to enjoy some family time by watching movies and playing games. At approximately at 11-11:15pm the power goes out completely. There is no inclement weather outside and every other property surrounding the hotel has power. The generator wasn't any help seeing how the lights continue to flickered on and off throughout the night. The power did not come back on until 3am Sunday morning after everyone was sleep. When I went to check out with my family Sunday morning and asked about any compensation for the inconvenience with the power, I was told their were none. I was told that it the power outage was not the hotels fault and the power company simple screwed up. That explanation would've worked if the front desk agent wasn't stuttering while explaining the situation and if every other surrounding property didn't have power. I understand things happen but as a customer I felted cheated and just wanted a honest answer for the inconvenience. I feel like I did not get a honest answer at all.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

Thank-you for your feedback , we truly appreciate all that we can get! We hope that you will consider us again when you return to the Fredericksburg area.

Reviewed November 4, 2012

Stayed 2 nights while visiting family. Loved the set-up of the 2-room suite. Seemed clean, but upon leaving, while checking behind the bed, I saw behind the headboard and it was disgusting! Tons of dust, grime, crumbs, socks....obviously had never been cleaned behind there.
Housekeeping and front desk staff friendly and helpful. However, the attendants at the breakfast buffet on our 2nd morning had an attitude. Food was NOT GOOD. Don't know what the eggs were made from, but gross. Sausage overcooked and cold. Potatoes cold. The hot food was terrible. All I could eat and enjoy was the yogurt and the fruit.
This just didn't meet the standards for the Residence Inn. I was disappointed, to say the least.

1  Thank jentsd
Stephanie S, Manager at Residence Inn Fredericksburg, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2012

Thank-you for taking the time to write your review. We do appreciate all of the input and suggestions. Our staff strives to make each of our guests feel welcome and special, we hope that we will be able to make it up to you in the future by providing you with the sevices you require. Thank you again for your review we appreciate that you would take the time to write.

Reviewed October 27, 2012

i am a picky hotel guy..... this was a very positive experience. front desk staff was warm and friendly as was the rest of the staff. the hotel was supremely well maintained incl. the pool which was pristine and actually had towels. the room was well designed, excellent, well thought out layout, modern & warmly furnished.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Stephanie S, Manager at Residence Inn Fredericksburg, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2012

Thank-you for taking the time to write a review, we appreciate your compliments! We strive to accomodate each of our guest and meet their individual needs. Thank-you again and we look forward to having you back in our hotel when you are next in the Fredericksburg area!

Reviewed October 16, 2012

Stayed 3 nights at this location. A little off the subject, but the last few hotels i have been in have not had any perks for rewards members. no water, mints or whatever. just a thought. Simply put another Marriott hotel with the same amenities you expect from this chain including the free breakfast. My work schedule didn't allow the use of the breakfast hours, so I can't comment on that. The beds were a little hard for me. Next time I will check the beds out before I unpack, and possibly request another room if available. Furniture is a little older, but the hotel for its age is kept up well. I checked out the jacuzzi and it was in great shape along with the treadmills in the exercise room. It is conveniently located next to the mall with plenty of shopping and restaurants to eat at. Service was great and friendly staff. This is my least favorite of the Marriott hotel chains for me personally, due to it's "Pet Friendly" policy. The policy doesn't always agree with my allergies. But i do enjoy the free popcorn in the rooms! ;) lastly, for those using debit cards, i noted Marriott has a new policy in effect (at least this hotel did) so you might want to call ahead for details. I would recommend.

Pros:
- location, location location
- hotel and grounds kept up well

Cons:
- beds and furniture little older
- no perks for rewards members

RetiredArmyRANGER
Marriott Gold Rewards Member

Room Tip: Ask for Higher Floors and away from the elevators!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Thank-you so much for your feedback and compliments! We truly appreciate the suggestions that all of our guest give! We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay! Here at the Residence Inn in Frederdericksburg we strive to accomodate all of our guest's individual and unique needs. Thank-you again for your comments and we hope to see you back when you are visiting the Fredericksburg area!