We were delighted with our one-night stay at this beautiful inn within the charming Fredericksburg historic district. Approaching the front of the inn, we were impressed with the welcoming appearance of the house and garden. All the staff was warm and friendly and eager to please. Our room was elegantly decorated and very clean. The renovated bathroom was modern and beautifully done with tumbled tiles, a pedestal sink, and a jacuzzi with a shower. Our room was very lovely and sufficient in size but there were other rooms that were larger. One of us found the bed to be too soft but the other found no problems with it. We might recommend getting a room away from the street as cars passing by can be distracting. The upstairs where the guest rooms were had a landing area containing a refreshment sideboard (a nice touch) and comfortable seating.
The front porch was wide and inviting with a porch swing and wicker cushioned chairs. There was a lounge with a bar -- we could help ourselves to sodas and juices. We had dinner in the restaurant and discovered that the chef was first rate: our dinners were excellent. It was a big surprise because the ambience didn't lead us to expect such wonderful service and cuisine (it was on the rustic side). However, plans are in the making for further decorating improvements. In nice weather, there is a courtyard area with a fountain which looked like a very pretty outdoor dining area.
In the morning, we enjoyed breakfast in the large dining area elegantly set up just for the inn guests. Fruit, juice, coffee and tea, pastries, and cereal were available as well as a choice of items such as delicious French toast, omelettes made to order, and oatmeal. The dining area had a fireplace, gorgeous windows, and lots of beautiful architectural details (as does the rest of the house). We really enjoyed our stay in this lovely inn and highly recommend it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in downtown Fredericksburg, the Kenmore Inn (c1793) offers charm and southern hospitality in a beautiful intimate setting. Nine unique and elegantly appointed bedrooms all with en-suite bathrooms await your stay. We offer complementary sherry and bottled water in each room as well as a plated breakfast for each guest in our formal dining room. Located on the lower level of the house we have a European style pub and our garden restaurant & patio serving creative contemporary foods that will please the casual or refined diner. Whether you sit on our front porch swing and enjoy a glass of Inn-made sweet tea, take a stroll to the many historic sites and antique shops in town or relax in the parlor with a good book, the Kenmore Inn is your relaxing getaway. For visitors seeking classic southern hospitality, luxury accommodations and personalized service in a premier location, this Princess Anne Street Inn offers all that and more. Come see why this historic Inn catches the admiring eye of virtually everyone who passes by. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Priceline, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Kenmore Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Kenmore Hotel Fredericksburg
- Kenmore Hotel Fredericksburg