My friend and I stayed at the Kenmore this past week. To be fair, the price is about $25--$50 less than other B&B Inns that offer the same amenities, a suite, fireplace, jacuzzi (in the room), and a full breakfast. The amenities were good, and the room was very clean and beautiful. But the breakfast and general consideration of guests in terms of hospitality could use a lot of work. The room, before and after the fire died out was cold. We had to move a small heater around the suite to warm up the rooms as we went along. With a restoration or modernization of the place--it would help with these problems. The huge windows were not double paned, for example. We could also hear EVERYTHING from adjoining rooms, and they had a rock show playing downstairs until very late that we could hear.
The breakfasts were between almost-warm and cold, and Very small. The toast was rock hard and cold. We had to ask for things three times, by walking to the back to find the waitress. When we did, she was having a very serious, intense conversation about guests who had complained about the Inn with I'm guessing the owners or manager in an office, connected to the dining room. We could hear the entire conversation as we were eating breakfast, and it was awkward and uncomfortable for us. The staff, in general needs to be professionals, and the Inn is not personable or hospitable because of this. I do have to say, though that the front-desk young woman was very helpful in helping us find a restaurant to eat at. But we realized as we left, NOT ONCE did anyone ever ask us how we were doing; if we needed anything; or were we satisfied.
BUT to be fair, the jacuzzi was first rate. And I think if we were a couple madly in love, the place is perfect. (expect for the small food) It is a place where you can have a romantic time with a jacuzzi in the room, a fire, and a big bed....and even better if you're a partier or young person and want to rock out downstairs before coming back up to your romantic room. People leave you alone, and it is a beautiful inn...just not functional for all purposes.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in downtown Fredericksburg, the Kenmore Inn (c1793) offers charm and southern hospitality in a beautiful intimate setting. Nine unique and elegantly appointed bedrooms all with en-suite bathrooms await your stay. We offer complementary sherry and bottled water in each room as well as a plated breakfast for each guest in our formal dining room. Located on the lower level of the house we have a European style pub and our garden restaurant & patio serving creative contemporary foods that will please the casual or refined diner. Whether you sit on our front porch swing and enjoy a glass of Inn-made sweet tea, take a stroll to the many historic sites and antique shops in town or relax in the parlor with a good book, the Kenmore Inn is your relaxing getaway. For visitors seeking classic southern hospitality, luxury accommodations and personalized service in a premier location, this Princess Anne Street Inn offers all that and more. Come see why this historic Inn catches the admiring eye of virtually everyone who passes by. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Kenmore Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Kenmore Hotel Fredericksburg
- Kenmore Hotel Fredericksburg