We stayed in the Kenmore Inn for 3 nights, one of which was during a thunderstorm when the lights went out! The staff had already given us torches but it really made the evening very atmospheric as the Kenmore is a beautiful period property. Outside you have the porch with swings and lots of comfortable chairs where you can spend your evening watching the world go by. It is very close to the historic center of Fredericksburg and, if you can get a space, you can park right outside for free. The rooms are small but brilliantly furnished. Ours had a fourposter bed and a fireplace. The bathroom, however, was small although it did have a jacuzzi bath and shower. The breakfast was fine in the main dining room and I would recommend the restaurant in the cellar - we had an evening meal of steak and creme brulee which was mouthwateringly good! I had confirmed out reservation with an online site before travel and unfortunately when we arrived the booking had not been confirmed. This was not a problem to the staff who gave us the room we wanted (you confirm which one you want at time of booking) and said they would sort it out with the booking agents. The staff also let me print off boarding passes etc on their own systems when leaving. I would high recommend this property is you want something authentic to the area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in downtown Fredericksburg, the Kenmore Inn (c1793) offers charm and southern hospitality in a beautiful intimate setting. Nine unique and elegantly appointed bedrooms all with en-suite bathrooms await your stay. We offer complementary sherry and bottled water in each room as well as a plated breakfast for each guest in our formal dining room. Located on the lower level of the house we have a European style pub and our garden restaurant & patio serving creative contemporary foods that will please the casual or refined diner. Whether you sit on our front porch swing and enjoy a glass of Inn-made sweet tea, take a stroll to the many historic sites and antique shops in town or relax in the parlor with a good book, the Kenmore Inn is your relaxing getaway. For visitors seeking classic southern hospitality, luxury accommodations and personalized service in a premier location, this Princess Anne Street Inn offers all that and more. Come see why this historic Inn catches the admiring eye of virtually everyone who passes by. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your The Kenmore Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Kenmore Hotel Fredericksburg
- Kenmore Hotel Fredericksburg