The Kenmore Inn
$65
Travelocity
$93
Travelocity
All reviewsfront porchb bmarye's heightsfrench toastkenmore roomprincess annehistoric locationworking fireplacejacuzzi tubbed and breakfastrooms are smallromantic getawayguest roomsbreakfast was deliciousdowntown fredericksburgcivil warone night stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 7, 2012

I enjoyed a lovely one night stay at the Kenmore Inn, but I wish I was able to stay longer! I stayed in the Marye's Heights room with private bathroom. The bed was very comfortable, there was a nice dresser with TV (didn't watch TV), and there was complementary sherry which was a nice touch.

I felt very comfortable in the room; it was a nice, large size with 2 sitting chairs and a side table and closet. I was in a rush in the morning and was sad that i didn't make time for the home cooked breakfast. However, the scones i enjoyed were the best i ever had. Also, the innkeeper suggested and rushed to prepare a fruit cup for me. I appreciated her attentiveness.

The only negative things, this room is highlighted as good for the business traveler, but there is not a desk in the room. The small side table is adequate for a short term use (i used if for 2 hours). Also, I found the room to be quite dim (which is probably the point for a relaxing room). If you are trying to get some work done, it would be better to have more light. I'm sure you could borrow a lamp from another location, but i didn't think of that until i left.

I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank HikingWithWine
Reviewed May 1, 2012

We stayed here one night on our trip through Virginia and I only wish we had more time! Perfectly located to take advantage of all Fredericksburg has to offer we hardly had to leave the hotel to experience the charm and hospitality of the South. the building itself is perfectly restored and the rooms very elegant and yet cozy. The restaurant and tavern were reasonable priced and the food was very good. The only place where improvement could be made is in the training of the wait staff, but even they were so nice and willing to help that it seems an unkindness to suggest it!

The manager who checked us in went constantly above and beyond the call to satisfy our every whim and although we did not partake,they had a wonderful wine tasting scheduled, which she invited us to.

The house itself is uniquely built,used originally as a private home, refitting for hotel was done well so as to maintain the charm and 'family' feel while never losing the luxury of privacy.

I loved it and would happily go back!

Stayed: April 2012
2  Thank Paranormalnj
Reviewed January 15, 2012

It's a nice B and B with many rooms and a bar and restaurant in the basement, and a courtyard. Our room was nice, quaint and comfortable. The Kenmore is conveniently located for walking about historic Fredericksburg. The breakfast was very good; it was more like a restaurant style breakfast; no specific time to eat, no group eating, and a menu. This was a refreshing change from the more typical everyone-eats-at-once at a specific time, though maybe a little lighter breakfast.

Room Tip: Note, we didn't see a fitness center as the rating suggests.
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bloatedpig
Reviewed January 2, 2012

We loved our stay at the Kenmore Inn. It is a beautiful historic old home that is now an Inn and Restaurant. We stayed on a Sunday night and it was very quiet. However, even if the bar was open, it is two floors below the guest rooms and so tiny I highly doubt it could cause much disruption. The restaurant is beautiful and serves a higher-end clientele.

The Kenmore Inn is the only place we have ever stayed where they allow a real log fire in the fireplace. It made for a very cozy experience to fall asleep to a crackling fire. Since we were traveling with our young son, we stayed in the Washington Suite which had an adjoining room with two twin beds and it's own TV. We all slept very comfortably. Our bathroom had a spa tub and a stand up shower.

In the morning, breakfast was served in the Restaurant and you choose an item off the menu. My omelet was delicious and my husband and son enjoyed their breakfasts as well. Delicious coffee was available too. I would definitely recommend a stay at The Kenmore Inn.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Antiqlvr
Reviewed December 29, 2011

We stayed just one night on our way through after Christmas. Wonderfully decorated, lovely historic home in a wonderful location in Fredericksburg - easy to walk to lots of shops and restaurants. The staff were wonderful in providing excellent dinner suggestions. We stayed in one of the smaller rooms - simple, historic decorations, clean. If you are looking for a nice historic home in a great location, good food and atmosphere at a good price I would recommend it.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple