My husband and I booked a night here during a trip around the American Civil War sites and find it hard to believe that this charming, friendly, old inn is the same place that has so disappointed some reviewers!
It was a really stand-out experience for us. And here's why:
- We received possibly the friendliest welcome of our entire trip.
- The rooms (and we looked at most of them) are decorated and equipped to a high standard with some lovely touches, like period furniture and a decanter of sherry for a pre-prandial snifter (in the jacussi bath if you like!). <Note to some other reviewers: this is an OLD inn. It has character!>
- Chef Jackie's food was truly special. We ate outside (it was uncharacteristcally un-muggy for Virginia) on the sunken patio and enjoyed a really classy baby crab cake appetiser (perfect for foodies, maybe not to a big eater's taste), fabulous pork medallions with a wild mushroom risotto and grilled asparagus, and creme brulee loaded with fresh vanilla. Lovely! Breakfast was probably the best I've eaten in America - homemade raspberry scones, homemade lemon curd, beautifully cooked and presented French toast. Plenty of food but the emphasis is on quality not simply quantity, as seems to be so often the case in the US.
- Barman Dave was as brilliant as his great little horseshoe bar in the atmospheric basement. He introduced people to each other, remembered our names, made great cocktails, and was a mine of fascinating local and historic info. Great fun.
- Pretty gardens and a swing on the porch.
Fredericksburg itself is quaint and quirky with loads of character.
We'll definitely make a special trip out there again next time we're visiting our friends near Washington. And we'll definitely stay at the Kenmore Inn.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in downtown Fredericksburg, the Kenmore Inn (c1793) offers charm and southern hospitality in a beautiful intimate setting. Nine unique and elegantly appointed bedrooms all with en-suite bathrooms await your stay. We offer complementary sherry and bottled water in each room as well as a plated breakfast for each guest in our formal dining room. Located on the lower level of the house we have a European style pub and our garden restaurant & patio serving creative contemporary foods that will please the casual or refined diner. Whether you sit on our front porch swing and enjoy a glass of Inn-made sweet tea, take a stroll to the many historic sites and antique shops in town or relax in the parlor with a good book, the Kenmore Inn is your relaxing getaway. For visitors seeking classic southern hospitality, luxury accommodations and personalized service in a premier location, this Princess Anne Street Inn offers all that and more. Come see why this historic Inn catches the admiring eye of virtually everyone who passes by. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and Cheap Tickets so you can book your The Kenmore Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Kenmore Hotel Fredericksburg
- Kenmore Hotel Fredericksburg