“NEVER AGAIN!!!!!!!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #41 of 42 Hotels in Fredericksburg
Spotsylvania, Virginia
“NEVER AGAIN!!!!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2011

Well I will begin by saying I thought this was a nice place to stay, boy was I wrong!!!!!!! I made reservations a couple days in advance for a nonsmoking room. When I arrived my room wasnt ready, so they gave me an alternate room wich stanked of cigarette smoke, the toilet was backed up and no toilet paper! Well it all started with our card not being able to open the door, and they gave us a replacement card that finally worked after several attempts! Well me and my husband decided to go sightseeing for the evening and when we came back that night, the card to the door didn't work! The office had closed and there was no way to get in touch with anyone! And it was freezing cold outside with snow on the ground. At this point I was pissed, all our things were locked in the room and I had to search the city for another hotelroom and pay once again for a room and we were TIRED! When the next morning arrived we went back in to complain and explain the problem, the management told us we were liars and we werent getting a refund! This place is the worst I will never stay here again and you shouldnt stay here either!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
9 Thank xtcluvr28

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
auburn
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2010

Incompetent, unscrupulous... or worse ... I made a reservation and then I canceled online 5 days before my intended stay. Despite having canceled, I received a phone call at midnight, waking me up, to tell me that they were going to bill my credit card even though I had canceled!!!!‎

Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
5 Thank gg136
Sycamore, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2009

The location is at the edge of town. The facility is very much in need of repair. The rooms were adequate size but lumpy bed and older furnishings. Suggest to pay more for a better place. We would not stay here again.

No breakfast is served and only coffee at 8 A.M.

The gas stqtion a block away has a coffee bar and the coffee was good & fresh.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with friends
3 Thank Moving Out
kalamazoo, michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2009

This was, without a doubt, the worst hotel I have ever stayed at in my entire life. We made reservations online based on descriptions and pictures of this "three star" hotel. To call it a three star hotel is like calling McDonald's fine dining. The rooms were filthy. The furniture was old and dirty to where we would not sit on it. The refrigerator had old food left in it. There was not enough hot water for two showers. I'll spare you the gruesome details of what was on the bathroom walls. The television remote was cracked and held together by tape that was just plain gross. The wash cloths provided wouldn't qualify for most peoples rag drawer. There was literally holes in the wall. The final straw was finding out late Saturday night when we arrived back to our room that room service is NOT PROVIDED ON WEEKENDS AND LINENS ARE ONLY CHANGED ONCE A WEEK. Made us wonder if they were clean when we arrived. None of this is disclosed ahead of time. It was found posted in the room. And yes, the room literally stunk. This hotel should be avoided at all costs.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
4 Thank kuhvr
New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2007

The photos on the Dunning Mills web site make it look like a nice place...photos are not like the real place! There was a horrible smoke, mildew and roach spray smell in the rooms. We emptied can after can of air freshener and Febreze to get the rooms to a tolerable state.

Old, broken down appliances, dirty carpets and garbage collecting outside of doors made for a nasty experience. No room service to think of...none on the weekends at all.

Bees and wasps in the bushes made it a little frightening.

Except for the chlorinated pool, the place is filthy, folks. Spend the extra few bucks and go somewhere else!

• Liked — Good Pool, Decent Beds
  • Disliked — Everything else.
  • Stayed July 2007
      Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
5 Thank dwwall_99
WY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2007

My family has stayed at Dunning Mills Inn for roughly two months a year for the past seven years. We could stay at other places while in Fredericksburg, but always end up at Dunning Mills because of our relationship with the management. She has always gone out of her way to help us to feel welcome and at home. Dunning Mills is conveniently located for shopping as it is between Central Park and Cosner's Corner. Also, it is close to downtown Fredericksburg which makes it extra nice for my family. Blessings.

Stayed May 2007
2 Thank ChampionsForever
Houston, TX
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2007

I dont know where to start. This property is sort of a "catch all" when all of the nicer "long Term " hotels are full or too expensive. This works out well for the "management" who title themselves this ...... they own the place folks! Generally "management" applied for and earned this title, and have to answer to someone above them. Not this manager! They also own 3 very very NICE long term stay hotels in the area. Dunning mills is the bottom of the barrel . it is the least expnensive and you get what you pay for. This is the kind of place that you have to go in and be very sure that you want to stay , because you will not and I repeat WILL NOT get a refund even after only 10 minutes of leaving the lobby with the key. every other day my key cards for the room would not work. there is remodeling going on all night long. and not by respectable companies. but instead they are guys beating and banging and drinking beer all night. This is a party place for locals and the out of towners just get fooled! The owner pushes the housekeeping to work fast ( as to keep payroll low of course) and this shows that's for sure. This is America and this motel has the right to operate any way it wants to, and i have the right to spread the word too about how i feel. I was described the property on the phone by the Manager Herself, WOW what a surprise i got .On the 4 day of my stay i was coming back to the hotel after a hard day with the mortgage people and just as i entered the property was a woman going from one room to another completely topless!!! The room was just so outdated and dirty. Not the kind of dirt that a housekeeper can clean in a rush, this property needs serious work. and one very inportant thing that i cant leave out. I would advise that you do not bring a whole lot of luggage and packed items....... believe me you will leave with a few critters if you know what i mean. I was told that an exterminator comes on a regular basis, i saw way too many bugs for this to be true.

• Stayed May 2007, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars
      Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank jwrrlr68