“Not recommended”

Ranked #34 of 41 Hotels in Fredericksburg
Andover, United Kingdom
“Not recommended”
Reviewed June 12, 2014

This place is very rundown. There's not one part of it that doesn't need renovating. I appreciate it's a budget hotel but there is a lot better available for the money. The room was dirty and in very poor state of repair. The bathroom was in a real state with stained bath and shower which had a lot of someone's hair in the bath sink and floor.
The furniture is ready for the dumpster and the TV which had lots of channels had such a poor picture it was unwatchable.
The lady at the desk was friendly and helpful though but that is as much I can say about the place.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank NickBarman

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
antigonish
Reviewed May 15, 2014

My wife and i were traveling north and were tired so we pulled off 95 and went to the Econo with our coupon.Looking around before i went in the office should have been a warning.To cut to the chase it was probably the worse motel we ever stayed in.The room was fairly clean,but the pool was broking there were scary people walking around outside.The place in general was a dump where families and people on public assistance lived.I found that out going to the place set up for breakfast.No one bothered us but it had a very uncomfortable presence and needless to say no matter how tired i am will never go back.

Room Tip: Tip stay away from this place.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank southland33
Tucson AZ
Reviewed January 27, 2014

I called the hotel direct and was told handicap assessable room was not offered for coupon discount. The rate quoted was $52.99, when I contacted central reservations they offered a senior discount for the same room $47.99. Apparently you can't get the senior discount unless you book with central reservations. When we arrived at the room the assessable ramp was covered with ice and snow. After we got to the room and call they did send someone to clear it but it should have been done in advance. The bathroom is larger than most regular baths but tub is not very assessable for those mobility difficulties no seat but it does have grab bars. Instead of a high rise toilet they have a separate riser which wasn't clean. I carry Lysol wipes so I cleaned it myself! Overall the room is shabby with a strange odor but appears clean. We just get so frustrated with what is available for those traveling with mobility challenges.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank JoyceSTucsonAZ
Wynantskill, New York, United States
Reviewed January 14, 2014

OMG...this hotel is beyond disgusting....My family and I chose to stay as they were the only hotel in the area that would let us check in after 7am and stay until the next day. My family and I were on the way to Disney from NY and were beyond tired. The rooms wrecked of mold, mildew and stale smoke. The paint is chipping everywhere, holes in walls, rugs dirty and un-cleaned and peeling shower. The breakfast is a joke. Stale bread, warm milk, boiled eggs and a creepy un kept lady making subpar waffles with one bottle of syrup. Donuts were stale and the juice machine was dirty. I took my kids to McDonalds to let then run around, my husband called frantically reporting, our neighbors (who appeared to be living there) smoking marijuana (with their small children) next door, there was a crowd you could hear thru the adjoining door speaking on their marijuana stash and where to hide it if the Police came. There were also hookers walking the sidewalks and their pimps screaming at them. Many different Jons in and out of the parking lot consistently. I drove back picked up my husband, we didn't even let the kids out of the car. I was going to complain to the management, however on our way out, they were outside smoking cigarettes with them,,,,,Other patrons report stabbings and drug wars between the buildings...

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
4 Thank JCBartlett05
Clifton Park, New York
Reviewed January 11, 2014 via mobile

I checked in too tired to look around, although I did notice the place was old and beat. The two persons manning the counter were very pleasant. Also, my linens were clean and freshly laundered. After I a meal I brought with me, I went to sleep. It wasn't til the morning that I saw the "one" cockroach (there's no such thing as just one of those).

Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed October 7, 2013

I try to stay at Choice hotels whenever I can. I know that the Econo Lodge motels are low on the food chain, but I never expected such a terrible property. The carpet wasn't vacuumed and the tile was sticky. When I found cigarette ashes on the toilet, I went in search of a housekeeper. Her cart was two doors down, but she was nowhere to be found. As I plucked the bottle of cleaner and a rag from her cart, I spotted a cockroach on the window of the unit next door. Good grief.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed August 5, 2013

My friend and I checked into this hotel early hours of the morning following a long drive from Florida. The woman on the reception was hostile, abrupt and unwelcoming. We were unhappy to find the room extremely hot and smelling like urine. We put the air conditioning on which helped a little but it was not a nice welcome to our room. Spoke to reception and they put the phone down on me!

However, the real problem that we encountered during our stay was that from 9am we were harassed on 3 occasions by housekeeping who kept knocking on our door. When check out is at 11am I cannot understand why they are allowed to do this? After the first time it happened I put the do not disturb sign on, but 30 minutes later it happened again, and shortly before 11am a women opened the door and entered our room which is a complete invasion of privacy.

Overall, we were displeased with our room for many reasons. There was no hair dryer so I left with wet hair, my friend couldn't iron his shirt as the iron was missing- these are all facilities that are offered included in the room.

When I spoke with the receptionist in the morning she raised her voice at me, making excuses that people steal items and we should have called reception to borrow anything we wanted, despite the extra inconvenience. However I informed her of the issue with housekeeping and he admitted that this is a common problem and did apologise, finally. I asked to speak to a manager but apparently there wasn't one on site. I was given a business card to contact Anisha Patel as the manager.

I ended up emailing her and she offered no apology and said it was our fault for having housekeeping enter our room as the do not disturb sign wasnt on. I put it on myself so i know it was. Anisha was rude, threatening, and had no social skills whatsoever as a manager! She even went as far a to lie saying she was there when we checked out! if that was the case why was given a business card and told no manager was on site!

I was given no apology and no offer of compensation for the awful experience we had. Worst hotel and business i have ever dealt with. Would never use an Econolodge ever again because of how badly the issue was dealt with. I wouldn't expect this treatment in any hotel/motel whatever price you pay - it should alway be about customer service and this place lacks it completely! Well deserve a 0 point but its but unfortunately it's not an option!

• Stayed July 2013