“Very Clean but Needs Updating”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Fredericksburg
Ranked #17 of 41 Hotels in Fredericksburg
Reviewed January 19, 2014

At first glance this Fairfield Inn in Fredericksburg is very much like many others. The layout of the suites is the same, there's a desk, a small sofa and a chair. There's a flat screen TV, a fridge and a coffee maker. And everything is immaculate. The room is exceptionally clean, the staff is professional and friendly. The breakfast is the same as all of the others.

So why only three stars? If you came her to stay while you work, it will be difficult. There are no power outlets for phones, etc. in the bedroom. The power outlet on the desk lamp is so loose that getting it to work requires holding the plug in place. The mattress is old and flaccid, and it's much wider than the box spring, so if you turn over without being careful it'll dump you on the floor.

So while the room is clean and quiet, it's hard to sleep if you're not careful, and it's harder than it should be to get work done.

Room Tip: Bring a power strip if you need to plug your laptop into something at the same time you need to char...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Wayne R

Reviewed November 3, 2013

Convenient, clean, cost effective with good breakfast and friendly staff, all in one. Would be nice if on weekends extend breakfast hour. Single beds could be up graded, it's time. As we were driving home received a phone call from the manager informing us that we had left an envelope behind that the house keeping had returned it to her. Not remembering such an envelope gave her permission to open and check contents then we were assured it was not ours. This was a surprising call and much appreciated and assuring patrons with their concern for their left belongings and that could be recovered if left behind.

Room Tip: Front room as ours was rather bright at night. Though having a very good Friendly's next door wa...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 2, 2013

Large comfortable room, quiet, with fridge and microwave. The friendly staff were on their toes to be sure we had everything we needed. Room to bring our bikes into the room. Economical. A regular stop, judging from the chatter in the lobby. Free breakfast. We were very satisfied.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 2, 2013

We very rarely spend money on hotels, but have stayed in the area before (other side of town) and it just wasn't safe. We stopped at the Friendly's right next to it for dinner and thought we would walk over and see what the rates where. We did not have to stop for the night but were in no rush to get home either so either way was fine, stay or go. We had a max price in mind and were delighted when we heard the rate ($99 with AAA). So we stayed and what a good night sleep. The area was quite, the rooms very nice and comfortable. The hotel has a indoor pool and the breakfeast was well worth it.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 11, 2013

We spent 3 nights here while exploring this great historic area. The rate went down with consecutive nights and you need at least 3 days to see everything. The breakfast was adequate. As long as there is fruit
Yogurt and granola
, I am happy and the coffee was pretty good. The mattress was to soft for my comfort but my husband had no complaints. The Marriott that does not serve breakfast has a great mattress but it costs more. If you are looking for a nice, clean,convenient place to stay while sight-seeing;this is a good value. There is a Friendly's Restaurant next door with good and very reasonably priced food for weary explorers who do not want to dress up and go out. Sine the bed was not very comfortable to me, a hot tub by the pool would have been a nice addition. This is a great area to visit with lots to do and see.

Room Tip: The halls are long. If you do not want a long walk, ask for aroom to the left of elevator, when exi...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 3, 2013

This is close to I-95, comfortable beds, quiet location. Small pool, but relaxing for a swim before bed. No hot tub at this one. Was disappointed in the breakfast. We were told "the delivery truck did not come." There was the usual store bought muffins and other bread products but we ended up grabbing a couple granola bars and getting back on the highway. Would have liked to have seen already made oatmeal like some other Fairfield Inn's have. Have to say, the young lady who worked the kitchen area was very nice, personable and most apologetic.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 30, 2013

My three children stayed at this hotel from 8/20-8/23, haven chosen the hotel based on the reputation. However, during the three night stay the cleaning staff stole my 11 y.o. son's money (which he was saving to buy his own computer), the general manager Michelle Howard insulted me by stating she's known her staff for 3 years and they would never steal (as opposed to the 11 years I've known my son to tell the truth). When I called the 800 number to complain about the service from Ms. Howard, I was asked if I were calling because I didn't have enough money to pay for the room and did I want them to give me something. When I asked for the corporate number to complain about the continued lack of customer service and respect, I was given a fax number. When I finally spoke to someone in the corporate office, I was told they would look into the matter, to include the comments from Ms. Howard and the customer service rep; however, the staff in "Mr. Marriot's office" referred the matter back to the hotel general manager Ms. Howard, who gladly called me to tell me all complaints will be redirected back to her!!!! Ms. Howard then turned off our key, restricting my family's access to the pool, laundry room and side entrances, only allowing access to our room. When I complained I was told that we were the ONLY room in the whole hotel having that problem. during this entire ordeal, not one person offered a sincere apology, compassion or genuine customer service!!! I have never been so disrespected and mistreated by an organization I'm choosing to patronize!!! DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL! Spend your money at nicer, nearby establishments as the Marriott corporation could care less how consumers spend their money!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family