New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

“A great place to stop” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Super 8 Fredericksburg/Central Plz Area

Super 8 Fredericksburg/Central Plz Area
Ranked #29 of 42 Hotels in Fredericksburg

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
anywhere usa
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2012

My wife and I recently stayed here on a return trip from Florida to New England. Great location for a night rest, room clean and property well kept. The only problem I have is the pet policy, On my drive north I passed several Super 8 highway signs station “pets stay free” . We were charged 10 dollars for our small dog. This would seem OK as I am sure that the animals may cause extra cleaning and cost to the hotel. However I was made to authorize a $50.00 charge to my credit card in case my dog had an accident in the room. Anyway I was not charged in all is OK. I like to hotel and may stay again , but I feel the pet policy would be adjusted. In all good place to stay for the night.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank james1234321
Tyrone, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2012

I just spent 2 weeks here and I don't know what some folks are kicking about. I reserved the room on line. I was allowed to spend up to $77.00 a night but found this one had everything I needed - including WiFi for about $40.00 a night. While I realize it was not my money I was spending, I still work for the company that employes me and I will not spend more than I need to spend. Queen size bed was clean, the room had a fridge and microwave. WiFi worked from day one. I would stay here again and so should you. Were we staying at the same place. There is another Super 8 in Fredericksburg but not at Central Plaza.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank Joseph O
managersuper803793, Manager at Super 8 Fredericksburg/Central Plz Area, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
Thanks for taking the time to post your positive comments on our property! Glad to hear you enjoyed your two week visit and were able to get a special extended stay rate. Hope to see you again
shawnt90
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2012

So far so good 69 on a Saturday night ain't bad right off the highway in a good safe area. After seeing other reviews I was worried but overall I'm happy with this place. The rooms clean the ac is blasting and its got a fridge and microwave

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank shawnt90
Thanks for posting your review! Glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. Our central location offers easy access to all restaurants and shopping mall
Micco, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2012 via mobile

For $50 for a place to stay while on a long drive this was great. The reviews for other budget hotels in the area had me concerned with complaints of homeless, long term residents and bad areas. This hotel had none of that. It was in a good area, convenient to 95 exit and plenty of stuff at the mall. We will keep this one as a favorite budget hotel. Room was clean. Staff was friendly. Breakfast was pastry or cereal so we went elsewhere.

Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Thanks for taking the time to post your positive review! We are located in a very safe area and have easy access to over fifty restaurants and major shopping mall. Hope to see you again
Tallahassee, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2012

I reserved no smoking got an ashtray. Almost slept in full clothes. Had to eat Breakfast standing up. No tables, chairs, or room to eat.

NO ELEVATOR

• Stayed March 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank WolfTravler
Brooksville, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2012

Pet friendly , nice room , breakfast was awkward as there were no tables/chairs or even a dinong area.
Staff seemed disinterested in their job.

• Stayed June 2011
1 Thank Cruisesinc92
managersuper803793, Manager at Super 8 Fredericksburg/Central Plz Area, responded to this review, March 21, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to advise us of your recent stay! We are new management and need feedback like yours in order to improve the service. We are working to improve the customer experience and glad to hear you stayed with your pet. Hope to see you again on your next trip!